Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI rumours etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

edolan wrote: »
    The whole Turner thing went to court don't see how you could have pushed it harder, besides wouldn't listen to anything that liar Turner says the man is quite clearly a c#nt. I think you should look more closely at how your club is being ran rather than commenting on how other clubs are runned.

Court appearence was due to Sligo, you took us to court.

Clearly not what he's refering to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

/goes to foot.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭edolan

Ebbs wrote: »
    Court appearence was due to Sligo, you took us to court.

Clearly not what he's refering to.

I assume you are referring to the unfounded and false accusation by shams fans that we make under the table payments to our players. As I said worry about your own club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    /goes to foot.ie

Good choice. It's a Sligo and Bohs mutual th(w)ankfest over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

I think you should look more closely at how your club is being ran rather than commenting on how other clubs are runned.

Meaning? I am fully aware what goes on at our club, AGM is on Saturday.

• Advertisement

I assume you are referring to the unfounded and false accusation by shams fans that we make under the table payments to our players. As I said worry about your own club.

They aren't unfounded when current and former Sligs players talk about these payments publically

They aren't false when your club was found by the FAI to have given Chris Turner an under the counter payment.

Now ask yourself why 3 directors quit this week....

We do, of course, worry about our club. But as it happens there is nothing to worry about.

bohsboy wrote: »

10 years ago? A story that is with the press council as its factually innacurate?

Will we talk about comatose grannies and hooligans involved in attacking old men in pubs?

Spare me, not taking a lecture from you lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

10 years ago?
    Says the guy alleging a link between Bohs and the British Army 100 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

ONYD, like the Germans in WW2 you are making the classic mistake of fighting on too many fronts at once

djpbarry wrote: »
    Says the guy alleging a link between Bohs and the British Army 100 years ago.

My tongue was in my cheek, but the only logical explaination for 'airfix' or military stuff in the LoI is Bohs imperialist past and occasional Loyalist present.

Here we have bohsman trawling through the archives for irrelevant stories from 10 years ago. We arent the club with the hooligan problem. Thats not to say there aren't issues, but its very hard to take a lecture from the club that had hooligan stuff on their shirts a few seasons back and stuck an old lady in a wheelchair.

• Advertisement

CiaranC wrote: »
    ONYD, like the Germans in WW2 you are making the classic mistake of fighting on too many fronts at once

Bit like Doyles Corner back in the day... :D

Do you know who the 'airfix club' are?

They aren't unfounded when current and former Sligs players talk about these payments publically

They aren't false when your club was found by the FAI to have given Chris Turner an under the counter payment.

Now ask yourself why 3 directors quit this week....

We do, of course, worry about our club. But as it happens there is nothing to worry about.

If you actually look at my 2nd or 3rd last post I explained why those commitee members stood down. As far as I know Turner was given an advance in wages, like I said wouldn't believe a word that scumbag says. I hear ye are in and around 300k in debt which will begin to surface over the coming season.

If you actually look at my 2nd or 3rd last post I explained why those commitee members stood down. As far as I know Turner was given an advance in wages, like I said wouldn't believe a word that scumbag says. I hear ye are in and around 300k in debt which will begin to surface over the coming season.

1: No he wasn't. Thats not even in dispute.

2: No we aren't. And if we were, you wouldn't know about it.

Sligs have been caught rotten a few times. The stories are coming from all angles. The Rovers stuff is makebelieve.

1: No he wasn't. Thats not even in dispute.

2: No we aren't. And if we were, you wouldn't know about it.

Sligs have been caught rotten a few times. The stories are coming from all angles. The Rovers stuff is makebelieve.

Bring it up and the AGM. So you know what is going on at my club, but I know nothing whats going on at your club? If the players are saying it then why doesen't one them go to the FAI and blow the whistle like what happened with Derry? Care to elaborate on how we've been caught in the rotten before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Here we have bohsman trawling through the archives for irrelevant stories from 10 years ago. We arent the club with the hooligan problem.

You obviously weren't at Airfix against Dundalk in oriel last year, no?

Hardly irrelevant when you call yourself the Model Club.

And just because one of the many incidents happened ten years ago doesn't mean it's been forgotten.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/boyce-d/4870807366/]

And just because one of the many incidents happened ten years ago doesn't mean it's been forgotten.

When they went on the pitch against Pats I thought it was funny when those fellas with umbrellas thought they were class until some women went on to the pitch and ate the head off them and quickly backed off.

When they went on the pitch against Pats I thought it was funny when those fellas with umbrellas thought they were class until some women went on to the pitch and ate the head off them and quickly backed off.

Yeah, classic ;).

Mary Poppins eat your heart out.

Obviously ignored man rule number 127: No man shall ever be seen using an umbrella.

However, the Always Ultras will claim that they were catching the umbrellas being thrown at them by the Pats crowd and that they were merely helping clear the pitch.

Bring it up and the AGM. So you know what is going on at my club, but I know nothing whats going on at your club? If the players are saying it then why doesen't one them go to the FAI and blow the whistle like what happened with Derry? Care to elaborate on how we've been caught in the rotten before?

Don't even bother mate.

This guy knows the goings on in every club bar his own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Sligored wrote: »
    http://www.sligorovers.com/latest-news-news-menu-inside-246/1102-kelly-calls-for-more-help-with-club

heres a report from our agm - now if you find any of this to be dodgy, you might enlighten us.

I dont want to fill this thread with stupid arguments but the continual drivel about dodgy going-ons at sligo rovers is pathetic, and without substance.

Rant Over

:D:D:D

Do you honestly think if there was something going on behind the scenes it would be aired in a report at an AGM? :rolleyes:

Do you not think it's strange that the people involved stepped down as the season was about to start instead of at the end of last season so as to give the new people time to settle in?

Bring what up? "Some Slig on the internet reckons we are 300k in the hole. Is it true?" Get real.

You will have to ask the players that.

You were caught rotten with Turner. It resulted in a warning from the FAI over 'upfront loans' to players (of other clubs) with no repayment schedule....

You were caught rotten fleecing the FAI and Rovers at the league cup semi final last year when tickets were not handed out and our counters were blocked from doing their jobs.

Thats just what Rovers fans have had to deal with. Other clubs have other stories.

• Advertisement

http://www.flickr.com/photos/boyce-d/4870807366/]

I was in Oriel. Wasn't pretty, but wasn't the WW3 the media painted it either.

A number of fans were banned for their part in it. Real bans, not the pay a grand and you can come back type ban that operates in Dalyer...

It has been forgotten. I hadn't even heard of it. Some ex U 21 player in legal trouble years after he left the club? So what? We have no control over what a former trainee at the club gets up to years later.

Airfix relates to the Model Club tag the FAI gave us? Why didn't you just say rather than go through all the cryptic shíte.

Airfix relates to the Model Club tag the FAI gave us? Why didn't you just say rather than go through all the cryptic shíte.

:pac:Cryptic? Hardly.

Its an old tag at this stage.

"Some ex trainee in legal trouble?". Taking a shotgun to a cinema queue and he suddenly becomes an ex-trainee? Had played first team football and was still on the books. Stop wriggling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Bring what up? "Some Slig on the internet reckons we are 300k in the hole. Is it true?" Get real.

You will have to ask the players that.

You were caught rotten with Turner. It resulted in a warning from the FAI over 'upfront loans' to players (of other clubs) with no repayment schedule....

You were caught rotten fleecing the FAI and Rovers at the league cup semi final last year when tickets were not handed out and our counters were blocked from doing their jobs.

Thats just what Rovers fans have had to deal with. Other clubs have other stories.
    Presumably if I was to query the above I'd have to use the term "some Shams on the internet" as the source? In other words you can't have it both ways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

My tongue was in my cheek, but the only logical explaination for 'airfix' or military stuff in the LoI is Bohs imperialist past and occasional Loyalist present.

Here we have bohsman trawling through the archives for irrelevant stories from 10 years ago. We arent the club with the hooligan problem. Thats not to say there aren't issues, but its very hard to take a lecture from the club that had hooligan stuff on their shirts a few seasons back and stuck an old lady in a wheelchair.

ONYD Im not saying we are angels but come on rovers still lead the way in terms of arrests made in the last few seasons. The old lady incident in salzburg was unfortunate, the pub attack in derry was stupid but Bohs as a club have addressed this and banned far too many people than they should have. Rovers on the other hand seem to be doing fcukall but play the club is innocent card far too much. wasnt only a few months ago that up to 20 fans connected to rovers smashed up a pub in phibsboro so remember people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

This is ****ing emabarrasing, pathetic, childish...the list goes on. Give it a rest ffs, why don't you all just PM each other having irrelevant pops over random ****e and leave the rumours for transfers here.

In fact with the league starting in days this thread will hopefully be locked soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

Zebra3 wrote: »
    :D:D:D

Do you honestly think if there was something going on behind the scenes it would be aired in a report at an AGM? :rolleyes:

Do you not think it's strange that the people involved stepped down as the season was about to start instead of at the end of last season so as to give the new people time to settle in?

ffs, when do board members normally step down - at the agm - annual meeting - once a year - held in february by sligo rovers - not at the end of last season.

Try and get them 2 brain cells working together.

S.R.F.C. wrote: »
    This is ****ing emabarrasing, pathetic, childish...the list goes on. Give it a rest ffs, why don't you all just PM each other having irrelevant pops over random ****e and leave the rumours for transfers here.

In fact with the league starting in days this thread will hopefully be locked soon.

There's a big problem with posting rumours up here in case you haven't noticed and it comes from your lot every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

There's a big problem with posting rumours up here in case you haven't noticed and it comes from your lot every time.

Jesus if i can't even tell yous to give it a rest without you trying to start it up again then we're doomed.

major bill wrote: »
    ONYD Im not saying we are angels but come on rovers still lead the way in terms of arrests made in the last few seasons. The old lady incident in salzburg was unfortunate, the pub attack in derry was stupid but Bohs as a club have addressed this and banned far too many people than they should have. Rovers on the other hand seem to be doing fcukall but play the club is innocent card far too much. wasnt only a few months ago that up to 20 fans connected to rovers smashed up a pub in phibsboro so remember people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones!!!!

1: Rovers actually don't lead the way in arrests over the last few seasons. One lad who got on the pitch in Tallaght aside, when was the last time a Rovers fan was lagged at a game?

2: Unfortunate? Stupid? Get real.

3: Bohs allowed ALL their banned hoolies back into the club for a fee. It is my understanding that there is not one fan currently banned in Dalyer

4: Maybe they did. Maybe they didn't. What happens on the other side of town 5 hours after a game is of no concern of mine.

While I would not say all is rosy with Rovers, our fanbase behaves itself by and large, especially compared to 10 years ago. All the major incidents of late have been Bohs, and no matter how bad we were in the day, we NEVER stuck an old woman in a wheelchair.

• Advertisement

ffs, when do board members normally step down - at the agm - annual meeting - once a year - held in february by sligo rovers - not at the end of last season.

But WHY did they step down....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

But WHY did they step down....?
    For the reasons already outlined on this thread.

In all honesty I did find it slightly strange but having spoken to our former chairman I'm convinced theres nothing untoward going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Yeah and when that's people's intentions they normally announce that they'll be steping down at the AGM in advance so others can put themselves forward for the to-be-vacated positions.

Wow, come up with that yourself? Fair play to you. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Yeah and when that's people's intentions they normally announce that they'll be steping down at the AGM in advance so others can put themselves forward for the to-be-vacated positions.

Wow, come up with that yourself? Fair play to you. :rolleyes:
    yes and theses positions were filled as new members joined the board.now get off your high horse.ye can do all your bickering, spreading rumours across the net makes no different we will do our talking on the pitch.

*waits for the pathetic clams from the model club

littlenecksweb.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

my rebuttle
    Pre-tied%20Bows_270.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

wait, what were talking about?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Nothing to do with the topic anyway

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

1: Rovers actually don't lead the way in arrests over the last few seasons. One lad who got on the pitch in Tallaght aside, when was the last time a Rovers fan was lagged at a game?

2: Unfortunate? Stupid? Get real.

3: Bohs allowed ALL their banned hoolies back into the club for a fee. It is my understanding that there is not one fan currently banned in Dalyer

4: Maybe they did. Maybe they didn't. What happens on the other side of town 5 hours after a game is of no concern of mine.

While I would not say all is rosy with Rovers, our fanbase behaves itself by and large, especially compared to 10 years ago. All the major incidents of late have been Bohs, and no matter how bad we were in the day, we NEVER stuck an old woman in a wheelchair.

1. Yes it was unfortunate that the poor woman was knocked to the ground and if you think it was intentional then you are wrong. The derry incident was a stupid thing for people to do that put a very bad image of bohs out there but what do ye want the club to do? thats in the past they had a fundraiser and banned those involved for life...they are still banned to this day!!!!.

2. so let me get this straight...its of no concern to you what a group of people repersenting rovers do after a game over the other side of the city but it should be bohs concern when people accidently knock over a granny in austria and smash up bars in derry??
    while we are discussing bohs ''hooligan problem'' how many incidents can you name where bohs fans have caused trouble inside the grounds all over the country??.

3. What major incidents are these excluding the two i have mentioned?

4. Il have the shels fans remind you of rovers attitudes on people in wheelchairs:rolleyes:.

You obviously have an unhealthty obsession hatred of bohs that makes you out to be a fool on this quite often.

BTW how many bohs can you guess arrested inside a ground this season?? NONE!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

So anyways - football...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Didn't know that Faz Kudozovic had signed with Eintracht Trier. He seems to be doing alright too. 5 games(3 starts), 2 goals and 1 assist. MOTM in their last game also v Bielefeld II.

Goal at 1:40 in the video at the bottom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Four more signings for United.

Bobby Ryan, Sean Kelly, Shaun Maher and Brian Cash.

http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie/squad-strengthened-further

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Now don't laugh, this is serious.

Can anyone tell me about Max Cream???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Cream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

oldyouth wrote: »

had a trial with us before joining shels , looked ok. We signed Mikey "burgers" keane instead.

He joined Dublin club Shelbourne on February 27, 2008 but after registration problems, he left after only two league appearances.

eh ? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

He was with Shels for a while, don't remember much about him.

Quite a name though.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    had a trial with us before joining shels , looked ok. We signed Mikey "burgers" keane instead.

He joined Dublin club Shelbourne on February 27, 2008 but after registration problems, he left after only two league appearances.

Well the Official Secrets Act is still alive and kicking at WYFC, 'cos none of us have seen him.

BTW, just heard today that one of our players is nicknamed 'burgers' too. Suits him down to the ground as well :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Heard about that today, Max Cream, although only played a couple of games he was a hero and he loved the aul Reds fans. Didn't really rate him tbh.:D

He was decent enough in Football Manager 2009

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I remember his appearences with Shels. He came on, everyone was really interested and it created a bit of atmosphere, purely cos his name was max cream. But he came on, ran around like a lunatic chasing the ball for about 5 minutes and never got anywhere near it, then got tired and did nothing for the next 15. Absolutely useless. He wore yellow boots as far as i can remember. They made him look fast.

dreamers75 wrote: »

Maybe our local TD sorted out any passport difficulties ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement