Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI rumours etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Best. Name. Ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

stovelid wrote: »
    Best. Name. Ever.

I disagree. Rod Fanni holds that title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Argélico Fucks is pretty good too.
    Edit: Haha. The link won't work because of the swear filter.

We signed Joe Yoffe today.

iregk wrote: »
    I disagree. Rod Fanni holds that title.

Ars Bandeet isn't that bad either... :)

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/2292/editorials/2010/04/13/1877193/special-ten-of-the-funniest-names-in-football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

dreamers75 wrote: »
    He joined Dublin club Shelbourne on February 27, 2008 but after registration problems, he left after only two league appearances.

eh ? :D

We couldn't get anything to register in his head. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Terrible crowd in Tallaght tonight, or is it a case that there are still people queueing to get in?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Terrible crowd in Tallaght tonight, or is it a case that there are still people queueing to get in?

how ever many are there, they certainly saw a first half with alot of incidents! What a last few mins of the first half!!!
    Should be an interesting second half!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

It said on Rte that there was over 5 thousand there.

5k there. Capacity is 6k.

The camera faces the west stand with the away section that only Pats and Bohs fill (and there is an empty section beside for segregation) while the East stand (where the camera is) is always stuffed with standing fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

There were 100s still queueing outside to buy tickets a few minutes before the game.Everyone wants to see the champions, over 5000 for first game of the season and junkies up next at home,should be another 5000 plus crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

paulcorr wrote: »
    There were 100s still queueing outside to buy tickets a few minutes before the game.Everyone wants to see the champions, over 5000 for first game of the season and junkies up next at home,should be another 5000 plus crowd.

How many tickets we allowed to see the homeless? Normally we get 700 but last season we got 1500+ for the cup game to make up the numbers (lol that wont happen again).

Woot football is back, league only started and Homeless 6 points clear :cool:

How many tickets we allowed to see the homeless? Normally we get 700 but last season we got 1500+ for the cup game to make up the numbers (lol that wont happen again).

5% I assume? If tonight wasn't a once-off, the Bohs and especially pats games will be jammed. Seemed to be unreal walk-in business the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Woot football is back, league only started and Homeless 6 points clear :cool:

Id say yous will get anything we cant sell and will sell them handy among your fanbase. Maybe 1000. Rovers Pats is rapidly becoming the biggest derby in Irish football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

CiaranC wrote: »
    Rovers Pats is rapidly becoming the biggest derby in Irish football.

No, it's not.

Blues-Glens is the biggest, has been for a long time, and will be for the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

• Advertisement

Zebra3 wrote: »
    No, it's not.

Blues-Glens is the biggest, has been for a long time, and will be for the foreseeable future.
    They got 5117 to Windsor for the last one, which is about the same the last three Rovers/Pats games. To be fair to the nordies theyve been doing it consistantly for a long time.

They got 5117 to Windsor for the last one, which is about the same the last three Rovers/Pats games. To be fair to the nordies theyve been doing it consistantly for a long time.

Does be quite a lot of upset pats fans for our league games up there, fairly confident we would sell 1500 if given them again. Which is more than some of our home games :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

5262 at Rovers v Dundalk last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

5262 at Rovers v Dundalk last night.

Some crowd alright!!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

As much as I hate to praise Rovers in any way, it is good to see those sort of crowds in the league

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

The Bohs/Bray and Derry/Sligo crowds were very good. Hopefully not first game syndrome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

The Bohs/Bray and Derry/Sligo crowds were very good. Hopefully not first game syndrome.

I dont understand it tbh, Bray might pull about 100 punters, I cant see bohs bringing 2400 or w/e considering they didnt have that many at home during the run in last season. Was there a lot of school kids or something?

Derry have always drawn huge crowds, them and cork used to boost the league average by huge amounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Normally we get 700 but last season we got 1500+ for the cup game to make up the numbers (lol that wont happen again).

I maybe open to correction but isn't the minimum away allocation more for a cup game than for a league game? I certainly know thats the case for England and almost positive its the same over here.

iregk wrote: »
    I maybe open to correction but isn't the minimum away allocation more for a cup game than for a league game? I certainly know thats the case for England and almost positive its the same over here.

While there is a certain percentage Ie. 5% for league games, there is also the fact that the Garda have a huge say in allocations. For games like Bohs and Pats, it was down to advice from the garda and not "to make up numbers".

Though im pretty sure Iregk is right on the cup games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Ebbs wrote: »
    I dont understand it tbh, Bray might pull about 100 punters, I cant see bohs bringing 2400 or w/e considering they didnt have that many at home during the run in last season. Was there a lot of school kids or something?

Derry have always drawn huge crowds, them and cork used to boost the league average by huge amounts.

Biggest crowd we've brought to Bray in a long time. There were loads of kids in their end, free entry for all Joeys players and a presentation at half time to some of their teams along with 2 kids games going on on the pitch. The new fence is looking well.

Does be quite a lot of upset pats fans for our league games up there, fairly confident we would sell 1500 if given them again. Which is more than some of our home games :confused:

Glory hunters? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

but if anyone even alludes that the model club are not exactly flush. They are wrong etc:

And after yesterdays AGM, they are very wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Extremely positive agm, have to say i'm delighted.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Good to hear:)
    And after yesterdays AGM, they are very wrong.

Bet that won't stop them - they probably knew they were wrong in the first place anyway, on so many counts too. Very upbeat AGM with some great incisive questions from the floor...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

dfx- wrote: »
    Good to hear:)

Bet that won't stop them - they probably knew they were wrong in the first place anyway, on so many counts too. Very upbeat AGM with some great incisive questions from the floor...

Care to share questions asked? For sincere interest....

Care to share questions asked? For sincere interest....

Honestly? :L

After hearing the finances being delievered all I could think about was another rag news paper pretending they know something about accounting in order to make it sound like we're 3985 billion in debt like last year.

It would be some feat to make anything from the AGM sound negative ;)

Lets not get carried away, we' ve not turned into real madrid overnight :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Ebbs wrote: »
    It would be some feat to make anything from the AGM sound negative
    Rumour has it the tea- and coffee-making facilities left a lot to be desired.

djpbarry wrote: »
    Rumour has it the tea- and coffee-making facilities left a lot to be desired.

Fuck the finances - we've got Silvio's in Tallaght stadium now. :)

First podcast of LOI football show up:

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/podcast/podcast_leagueofireland.xml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Shels sign Lorcan Fitzgerald who was previously with Fingal. Great signing imo, interesting to see if Mulvenna and Kenna hang around, also be interested to see if Matthews goes ahead with signing Gorman on a semi-pro instead of the amateur one he's on when his injury is sorted. Be a lot of striker.
    Shelbourne Football Club would like to announce that we have today signed Lorcan Fitzgerald until the end of the season.

Lorcan was a schoolboy with Shelbourne a number of years ago, before his move to West Ham United. He has recently been playing with Sporting Fingal and we are delighted to have him with us to help achieve promotion this year.

Shelbourne Football Club would also like to announce that, due to registration technicalities, Tiarnan Mulvenna and Gareth Kenna are currently ineligible to play for the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Shels sign Lorcan Fitzgerald who was previously with Fingal. Great signing imo, interesting to see if Mulvenna and Kenna hang around, also be interested to see if Matthews goes ahead with signing Gorman on a semi-pro instead of the amateur one he's on when his injury is sorted. Be a lot of striker.
    Cracking signing but I have to question how we can afford him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Shelbourne Ravens :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭strawberryb0y

dfx- wrote: »

Lots of other clubs are financially healthy too yet it doesn't stop Shamrock fans making up rubbish about them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Fair play for the crowd, hope it keeps up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Yes folks, it's that time of year again. We're coming up to the July transfer window, anyone hear any rumours?
    I'm hearing Aiden Downes (ex Rovers) will sign for Bohs.
    Anyone hear anything else?
    Is aiden Downes any use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Would like to know a few Shamrock Rovers fans opinion on this.

A rumour that ye'll be looking to sign Graham Gartland and maybe Dan Murray could be on the way out?

Gartland being whored around anyone who pays atm.

Wouldnt be a bad move for Rovers they would offer more than us, we have some issues at the back regarding Kenna and Guthrie. If the rumours about Guthrie correct he woudlnt be a bad signing for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

BOHtox wrote: »
    Yes folks, it's that time of year again. We're coming up to the July transfer window, anyone hear any rumours?
    I'm hearing Aiden Downes (ex Rovers) will sign for Bohs.
    Anyone hear anything else?
    Is aiden Downes any use?
    Was he at Everton?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Corholio wrote: »
    Would like to know a few Shamrock Rovers fans opinion on this.

I think centre-half is somewhere Rovers don't need any more replacement or cover for what they have. Considering Murray has only now been left out, I don't think he's massively out of favour either on a scale of Twigg/Mannus to PK (PK end of the scale being: a restraining order to stay at least 1km away from Rovers games and MON's sight)

More than enough cover at centre half I would have thought. Don't think the squad needs too much strengthening but if a player was coming in, I wouldn't mind another wide option. If anybody move on, I can see it being PK or Kelly but the squad is small enough as it is. Jumping to conclusions about Murray: he was dropped against Bohs but I'm sure it was just a tactical move as Sives is quicker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

If the rumours about Guthrie correct he woudlnt be a bad signing for us.
    What are the rumours with regard to Guthrie? I'm a bit out of the loop here in London.

djpbarry wrote: »
    What are the rumours with regard to Guthrie? I'm a bit out of the loop here in London.

Possibly wont play again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Voltwad wrote: »
    Was he at Everton?

yes,
    Everton then Yeovil and then Rovers

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement