Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI rumours etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

BOHtox wrote: »
    yes,
    Everton then Yeovil and then Rovers

Can't honestly rate him at first team level as he never really broke into the team. Can only remember seeing him once or twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Can't see Dan Murray going anywhere near the exit door at Rovers. He was dropped against Bohs as he hasn't started the season well and has been carrying a slight injury. He will be back in there.

If anyone is to go it would be PK. He has been useless and then the twitter incident didn't exactly paint him in the brightest of paints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

bohs have also apparantly signed Stephen Hurley- free agent. ex bray and ucd. Anyone ever seen him, any good?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

iregk wrote: »
    If anyone is to go it would be PK. He has been useless and then the twitter incident didn't exactly paint him in the brightest of paints.

I think he scored a screamer against UCDD in the cup possibly on his debut a couple of seasons back and I honestly can't remember anything else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

bohs have also apparantly signed Stephen Hurley- free agent. ex bray and ucd. Anyone ever seen him, any good?

Cultured midfielder when he was at UCD. But on the light side at 20 and 21 years of age.

dfx- wrote: »
    I think he scored a screamer against UCDD in the cup possibly on his debut a couple of seasons back and I honestly can't remember anything else

In fairness to the guy, he struggled either with injuries and not being rated (maybe behind the scenes/training stuff?). I can't remember him being given getting a decent run in the team. Certainly not like that afforded to other one or two underperforming players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

We should also be getting a few Home Farm lads on amateur papers aswell for the A-Team/u-20, similar to the way we got Belvo lads last season (Who are in our first team now).

I dunno if thats set in stone though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

stovelid wrote: »
    In fairness to the guy, he struggled either with injuries and not being rated (maybe behind the scenes/training stuff?). I can't remember him being given getting a decent run in the team. Certainly not like that afforded to other one or two underperforming players.

I don't disagree. He needed a run of games where the team is winning consistently too, not losing at home to Bray where the manager will likely have you for the chop first.

I think Sheppard will be more regular on the right like Stewart last season so it's Billy/McCabe/everyone else/PK for the one left wing spot. So I don't see him getting another wide player. I do think Rovers need a left-back or left-back cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

dfx- wrote: »
    I do think Rovers need a left-back or left-back cover.

?

We have 4 players signing on Scholarship in August, they go to maynooth sponsored by us and assume have to stay with us for the duration. Good idea Jake Carroll the 1st in it and looks a very handy player.

Graham Gartland to either Pats or Rovers.
    Dean Kelly to Bohs on loan.
    these are two I've heard recently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Dean Kelly to Bohs on loan.

He was meant to be signing for us on loan before the start of the season, but Rovers wanted a fee and paying his wage that was some stupid amount of money iirc. Get the cheque out now!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Behan apparently signing for Limerick

http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/5870/behan-set-sign-limerick/

What do the First Div people think about Limerick 'splashing the cash'? You reckon they will be able to push for promotion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

frantic190 wrote: »
    Behan apparently signing for Limerick

http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/5870/behan-set-sign-limerick/

What do the First Div people think about Limerick 'splashing the cash'? You reckon they will be able to push for promotion?
    I still reckon it will be us and Cork in the automatic promotion positions. Being 2 points ahead of them with a game in hand Monaghan will be reasonably confident too. They're definitely in with a chance though no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

dreamers75 wrote: »
    If the rumours about Guthrie correct he woudlnt be a bad signing for us.

Not rumours at all. According to Foster he, Guthrie and Pats all want to make the move permanent. Would be a terrible signing for us as he hasn't had a good game. Can't understand it as every time he has played against us (Cobh, Galway, Pats) we haven't gotten a sniff from him.

Jay O'Shea and former player Richie Purdy's son training with us apparently.

frantic190 wrote: »
    What do the First Div people think about Limerick 'splashing the cash'?

Not the only ones I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

I heard a rumour all us buachaillí (agus cailíní:p) are rasict

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

doncarlos wrote: »
    Jay O'Shea and former player Richie Purdy's son training with us apparently.

Dano Purdy? :/

Ebbs wrote: »
    Dano Purdy? :/

Yeah I think so. Was with West Ham and has played under-age with Ireland at a few levels.

• Advertisement

Hey guys ,

I have recently become a data reviewer with EA for the FIFA series. I have been put in charge of correcting the information based on the Irish teams.

So if you guys want to help , whether you think someone's stats to player appearance is wrong or if a new captain has been put in place then don't hesitate to leave a brief idea what is wrong. PM is preferable but a message here is fine too.

Look forward to your replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Keeping track of LOI sides? Good luck, can't say I envy that role...

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Brennan a d Ollie Cahill and some of the younger lads haven't been in FIFA since the season started also Hurley signed for us. Dunno if making new players is part of your job but anyway,,,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Don't know if it been mentioned but Dean Kelly to Shels on loan

Lucan Bohs wrote: »
    Brennan a d Ollie Cahill and some of the younger lads haven't been in FIFA since the season started also Hurley signed for us. Dunno if making new players is part of your job but anyway,,,

Yup that's the stuff.
    I'm sure there's more.
    Attributes, graphics, squad numbers, set piece takers, captains, positions. Basically anything in team management.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Heard Des Kelly is no longer with bohs.

• Advertisement

Bohtox i would suggest you make a template for squads and player skills and let fans fill it in.

Bohtox i would suggest you make a template for squads and player skills and let fans fill it in.

I see. Good idea but I don't have the skills to do something like that.:D

I see. Good idea but I don't have the skills to do something like that.:D

Dont play the game but assume when you pick a team you get info like

Name
    Stadium
    Year
    Manager
    Formation
    Tactic

And each player has

Name
    Position
    Height
    Weight
    Left/Right
    Free Kick
    Header
    Speed
    Defending
    etc:

Post up all the attributes and let people copy paste and fill them in.

Post up all the attributes and let people copy paste and fill them in.

Would you trust LOI fans to give an unbiased report of their own player's attributes

Anto McC wrote: »
    Don't know if it been mentioned but Dean Kelly to Shels on loan

Only if Shams agree to pay some of his wages, unlike what they wanted at the start of the season. Longford have also been mentioned.

• Advertisement

Bumped into Darren Forsyth on Friday night, said he's up training with Drogs but he's injured atm. That Drogs team isn't far from being an Reds rejects squad. :D Was always a fan of Brucie, and that amazing goal he scored against Longford a few years back.

Would you trust LOI fans to give an unbiased report of their own player's attributes

yup

Rogers 62
    Pender 61
    Bermingham 60
    Kenna 63
    E.McMillan 60
    McFaul 58
    Kavanagh 64
    Bradley 61
    North 64
    D.McMillan 56
    Doyle 57
    Shortall 58
    O'Brien 55
    Stewart 56
    Harney 54
    Mulcahy 63
    Crowley 55
    Carroll 55
    Bennion 57
    Murphy 57
    Keegan 56
    Daly 57
    Crawley 52
    Coughlan 57

seems about right assuming likeness even if only height and hair colour are correct :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Twigg 99
    Finn 99
    Dan Murray: Speed/Agility: 3 (bias generousity)

Bradley 61

Jaysus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Jaysus.
    He'd be 99 for all stats, I reckon.

Jaysus.

Wasnt expecting much from him but hes slowly starting to fit in as a decent CM, he even tackles now :eek:

?not my stats btw i dont play fifa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Shaun Kelly released by us. Signed for Limerick apparently. In a bad season, he has been a real contender for our worst player.

born2bwild wrote: »
    Jaysus.
    He'd be 99 for all stats, I reckon.

Good at going up for the cross I heard.

Shaun Kelly released by us. Signed for Limerick apparently. In a bad season, he has been a real contender for our worst player.

Bohs have signed Aidan Downes on amateur terms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

As per Sean Connor on the radio...

Greg Fleming going to Bradford, Karl Moore also going to England and Brian Cash (God he was terrible), Steve Feeney and Joe Yoffe have all left.

This in addition to Shaun Kelly being released and signing for Limerick.

We'll see another 3 going at least, but I'd say 4 or 5.

• Advertisement

As per Sean Connor on the radio...

Greg Fleming going to Bradford, Karl Moore also going to England and Brian Cash (God he was terrible), Steve Feeney and Joe Yoffe have all left.

This in addition to Shaun Kelly being released and signing for Limerick.

We'll see another 3 going at least, but I'd say 4 or 5.

Sad to see, hopefully Galway pull through.

It's ironic that the same lies that got them promoted are the ones that will send them back down.

Sad to see, hopefully Galway pull through.

It's ironic that the same lies that got them promoted are the ones that will send them back down.
    Galway United have not been relegated.

As bad as things are, at least Leeson is not around to do any more damage.

Galway United have not been relegated.

Not yet.

But it's difficult to see them finishing above tenth and the smart money would be on third in the First beating them in the play-off.

Such a shame that a club that play nice ball, decent ground and a good catchment area are struggling. Would be great if more regional towns/cities had a Sligo and Cork thing going on.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Not yet.

But it's difficult to see them finishing above tenth and the smart money would be on third in the First beating them in the play-off.
    The playoff is a one-off match with the Premier Division team having home advantage. Anything could happen.

Such a shame that a club that play nice ball, decent ground and a good catchment area are struggling.
    Two words. Nick Leeson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

I can't see how a man with such a sparkling track record could cause such a mess. Just unlucky, I guess.

Töpher wrote: »
    I can't see how a man with such a sparkling track record could cause such a mess. Just unlucky, I guess.
    I know... I hear ya, but it has to be stressed that the people running the club right now had to put up with Leeson for years knowing (partly) the damage he was doing, but could do nothing as the club is a limited company.

The only reason Leeson stepped down in the end was probably because he ran out of options and wanted to hand it over so that GUST would be in charge when it fell apart.

GUST with fight tooth and nail before that happens.

Perhaps it's a discussion for another day but I'd love to see Mervue and Salthill drop down back to junior football and only have one team around Galway city. Then merge the two divisions (with the team finishing last not getting promoted into the new 18 team premier). In the premier you play each other twice. The season starts earlier ( mid feb) and ends later (start of november) and that way you rarely ever have two games in a week and there's plenty of room for delaying a fixture or two to assist the teams in Europe.

The team failing to get promoted is then joined in the first division by,now, junior clubs and A-team clubs ( Castlebar Celtic, FC Carlow, Cobh, Fanad United, Tralee Dynamoes and perhaps one south and one north tipperary team and also a Kilkenny team( there's potential there for a football team)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭paddy978

Off topic but whats the story with Sean Kelly? Is he still with Glaway?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement