Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI rumours etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

paddy978 wrote: »
    Off topic but whats the story with Sean Kelly? Is he still with Glaway?

Signed for limerick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

The playoff is a one-off match with the Premier Division team having home advantage.

Afaik, it's a two legged tie.

As it always has been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

paddy978 wrote: »
    Off topic but whats the story with Sean Kelly? Is he still with Glaway?
    Lucan Bohs wrote: »
    Signed for limerick

Shaun Kelly (former Dundalk right back) has signed for Limerick.

Sean Kelly (former Cork City centre mid) is still with us but he is injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

James McLean apparently being watched closely by Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Jake Carroll signed 2 year deal with Pats (our only player signed for next season).

Niall Lanigan signing up to our scholarship in Maynooth, looks a handy player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭legendary.xix

There was a rumour about Dan Murray going to Limerick. Did I misread that or is there some substance behind the story?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

There was a rumour about Dan Murray going to Limerick. Did I misread that or is there some substance behind the story?

Substance.

After his LSC showing....and well every other performance I think its time hes moved on. At the age of 27 hes a pensioner in the squad :P Wage is substancial aswell considering it looks like he might find himself as a back up player with Sivves doing well and Oman being a constant feature all season.

Ebbs wrote: »
    Substance.

After his LSC showing....and well every other performance I think its time hes moved on. At the age of 27 hes a pensioner in the squad :P Wage is substancial aswell considering it looks like he might find himself as a back up player with Sivves doing well and Oman being a constant feature all season.

Smashing player most of the time, did seem a bit ropey this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

There was a rumour about Dan Murray going to Limerick.
    Jaysus, what's happening at Limerick all of a sudden? I know there's been talk of doing up Market's Field and that, but they must be paying silly money to attract the likes of Gamble, Behan and Murray?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Dan Murray is a great player. He is just so far off form at the minute its not funny. What you don't see from the stands much is his organisation at the back. He is brilliant. Hope he gets back to form soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭edolan

Dan Murray is the worst footballer in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

We'd be more than happy to swap him for Guthrie...

Please????

Two words. Nick Leeson.

Don't think it's Leeson's fault that Galway city and county is hardcore GAA teritory, which is what is really affecting ye, if ye were able to tap into that fanbase ye would be a lot healthier. I'm just using this as an example if ye had the same percentage of population going to games like we do in Sligo ye would probably be sitting comfortably in mid table.

edolan wrote: »
    We’ll take him. Himself an Connor Kenna (if he ever gets back to full fitness) would be a formidable pair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Clearly not.

His form has went to hell this season (perhaps he's not bothered) but he's been a very decent centre-half.

djpbarry wrote: »
    We’ll take him. Himself an Connor Kenna (if he ever gets back to full fitness) would be a formidable pair.

Kenna be doing well to get back into the team, Emac and Shortall are doing very well.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Kenna be doing well to get back into the team, Emac and Shortall are doing very well.

Have heard today that Guthrie is on his way back also.

We now have no centre halves for our game against Pats on Sunday! :)

doncarlos wrote: »
    Have heard today that Guthrie is on his way back also.

We now have no centre halves for our game against Pats on Sunday! :)

Thought you were keeping him?

On your website you were.

Thought you were keeping him?

On your website you were.

We all thought so too and all three parties (Dundalk, Guthrie, Pats) all said they wanted to make the move permanent. Not sure what has changed. It was on the local sports news so more than just a rumour at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Pure_Cork

Shaun Kelly (former Dundalk right back) has signed for Limerick.

Sean Kelly (former Cork City centre mid) is still with us but he is injured.
    I don't think Kelly ever played centre-mid for us, he impersonated a centre half on occasion alright.

Ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Pure_Cork wrote: »
    I don't think Kelly ever played centre-mid for us, he impersonated a centre half on occasion alright.

That's what he did in his first spell with us. In the second he was trying to be a midfielder.

stovelid wrote: »
    Clearly not.

His form has went to hell this season (perhaps he's not bothered) but he's been a very decent centre-half.

Clearly if you actually watch football you will know he's absolutley useless.

Ridiculous.

I know it's ridiculous he's made a career out of being ****e.

While we're on the subject of players actually being useless, Ken Oman is the most overrated player in the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

While we're on the subject of players actually being useless, Ken Oman is the most overrated player in the country.

He's having a great season with us. Probably in line, with one or two others, for our player of the season so far.

I agree, but Murray is worse.

I know it's ridiculous he's made a career out of being ****e.

There's no doubt he's a quality player at LoI level. Form is temporary, class is permanent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭markc1184

Jake Carroll signed 2 year deal with Pats (our only player signed for next season).

Niall Lanigan signing up to our scholarship in Maynooth, looks a handy player.

Is Jake Carroll the young lad that was with Maynooth last year? Left back? If it is him, seen him play a few times with them. Will be a very good player IMO.

markc1184 wrote: »
    Is Jake Carroll the young lad that was with Maynooth last year? Left back? If it is him, seen him play a few times with them. Will be a very good player IMO.

Yeah thats the one, hes on a St Pats scholarship in Maynooth.

• Advertisement

There's no doubt he's a quality player at LoI level. Form is temporary, class is permanent.

He's has always been ****e.

He's has always been ****e.

As someone who watched him play week-in week-out and have seen him lift a lot of trophies, I'd have to disagree.

As someone who watched him play week-in week-out and have seen him lift a lot of trophies, I'd have to disagree.

Go on, how many?

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Go on, how many?

Clearly if you actually watch football you will know he's absolutley useless.

I do watch it. And i have watched Murray.

I also have a little more to say about football than repetitive playground epithets about who is shit and who is not.

Not sure how anyone can think Murray is ****, very handy CB but deffo something up with him this season.

• Advertisement

Not sure how anyone can think Murray is ****, very handy CB but deffo something up with him this season.

Homesick probably. Definitely in poor form of late but was a quality player on form.

stovelid wrote: »
    Homesick probably. Definitely in poor form of late but was a quality player on form.

For england or Cork ? :confused:

For england or Cork ? :confused:

As far as I know, his family are still in Cork.

Rumours that Cherrie is moving to Rovers to replace Mannus should he leave or back to Scotland. Wouldn't be overly disappointed to see him go. Excellent in spells but has also made too many mistakes this year. He has been lucky to get away with quite a few of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Theres been rumours going around that they're signing Brush, would make more sense than Cherrie since hes not under contract.

Daryl Horgan signed for Cork on loan.

• Advertisement

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Theres been rumours going around that they're signing Brush, would make more sense than Cherrie since hes not under contract.

Did Brush not retire?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Not really. He couldn't prove his injury was fully healed at the start of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

edolan knows so little about football, wonder if he's related to Pat.

Another Corkie in cloud cuckoo land.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Rumours that Cherrie is moving to Rovers to replace Mannus should he leave or back to Scotland. Wouldn't be overly disappointed to see him go.

Cherrie has blown hot and cold anytime I've seen him lately hmm..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Rumours that Cherrie is moving to Rovers to replace Mannus should he leave or back to Scotland. Wouldn't be overly disappointed to see him go. Excellent in spells but has also made too many mistakes this year. He has been lucky to get away with quite a few of them
    Mannus is going after the CL games. Brush is replacing him, he has been training with them the past few weeks.

Eric Browne has signed for Galway United. Former Mervue centre half. He'll be available tomorrow.

Eric Browne has signed for Galway United. Former Mervue centre half.
    Bit of a step down, isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Laurence Gaughan has been training with Shels and Phily Gorman has started back fully training so should be signing soon enough.

Dean Kelly also will be moving on loan to either ourselves, Limerick or Longford supposedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Dean Kelly also will be moving on loan to either ourselves, Limerick or Longford supposedly.

He's been getting more of a look-in recently and with our other forwards current form along with how well he's performed whenever he's got a chance to, I'd be quite disappointed to see him go on loan now, especially at this stage of the season.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement