Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI rumours etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

S.R.F.C. wrote: »
    He's been getting more of a look-in recently and with our other forwards current form along with how well he's performed whenever he's got a chance to, I'd be quite disappointed to see him go on loan now, especially at this stage of the season.

Ye so I've seen, supposedly he had a falling out with O'Neill (...who hasn't at this stage! :D). I'd be happy enough with Laurence Gaughan and Phily Gorman anyway. Gaughan as an extra cover for centre defence where Paisley has been injured a good bit this season and Gorman as cover for Hughes and hopefully ahead of Bermo up front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Kelly has been getting some game time and has impressed so wouldn't like see him going on loan. Any player would be unhappy not be featuring and it doesn't equate to a falling out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Rumours we getting Kavanagh from Rovers. Dont see why myself but fair amount of pats fans talking about it.

Rovers fans shed anything on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

He has fallen out with O'Neill over some twitter comments and hasn't really played a lot. To be honest the return we've gotten from him has been poor at best since his arrival. Had a spell of about 3 good games last season but that was about it. 2 goals in 2 years, not really up to it.

Good riddance to Kavanagh and good luck with that one Pats!

I'm also assuming the Powel to Sligo one is in this thread somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

Laurence Gaughan has been training with Shels and Phily Gorman has started back fully training so should be signing soon enough.

Dean Kelly also will be moving on loan to either ourselves, Limerick or Longford supposedly.

id say the town have the best chance of this loan move, the amount of loanees tony cousins has brought in from rovers over the last season and a half most notably being don cowan last year before he signed for us! he seems to have great pull up in tallaght!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

iregk wrote: »
    He was unveiled at the Drogheda game. Good player but we already have Davoren and Greene has looked good at left back in the last couple of games.

There are also strong rumours that Boco is coming back. The Drogheda fans (great bunch of lads btw) reckoned we were signing Gartland but I'd heard nothing about that one around here and can't see it happening.

Fowler signed for some team in Thailand so that rubbishes that rumour anyway :rolleyes:

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Rumours we getting Kavanagh from Rovers. Dont see why myself but fair amount of pats fans talking about it.

Rovers fans shed anything on it?

I can't see him being around for much longer. Appears completely frozen out. I wouldn't be as harsh as most on him although I'm probably in the minority. He's a talented player that's a bit lightweight and definitely a confidence player. I don't think he's ever got a consistent run of full appearances in the team between injury and other players ahead of him. Not to say he's anything he's not: just that other players' lack of performances seemed to be humoured a lot longer than PK's.

Funny he's such a gob on twitter as he's legendarily the most inarticulate player in the league if you stick a mike in front of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Massively over-rated player. Looks good going forward as he's pacey, but his final ball is consistently wayward and his positional sense for a full-back is atrocious. A poor man's Seamus Coleman.

flas wrote: »
    id say the town have the best chance of this loan move, the amount of loanees tony cousins has brought in from rovers over the last season and a half most notably being don cowan last year before he signed for us! he seems to have great pull up in tallaght!

He was on his way to us pre-season on loan but Rovers wanted to much of his wages paid or something which we couldn't afford.

• Advertisement

He was on his way to us pre-season on loan but Rovers wanted to much of his wages paid or something which we couldn't afford.

Should have given a few of your existing players a wage-cut so.

stovelid wrote: »
    Should have given a few of your existing players a wage-cut so.

Fairly difficult where they aren't on too much, most of the bigger names at Tolka are under bonus based contracts along with a wage. Budget is €5,000~ so presume it was used by the time they got around to looking into Dean Kelly as that was near the end of February when that was looked into.

Fairly difficult where they aren't on too much, most of the bigger names at Tolka are under bonus based contracts along with a wage. Budget is €5,000~ so presume it was used by the time they got around to looking into Dean Kelly as that was near the end of February when that was looked into.

I doubt Kelly's overall wages would be that high (for us) as they would be incentive based on things like appearances.

I doubt Kelly's overall wages would be that high (for us) as they would be incentive based on things like appearances.

Key words!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Dundalk have signed current Irish U19 international Carl McHugh on loan from Reading.

Don't know much about him apart from he's a defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

in other news we have these new signings

Thomas Crawley St Pats loan
    Sean Skelly Drogheda Utd
    Jean Biansumba English non league( not sure of team but he used to play for notts forest)

good signings, our squad which was in flying from for a while there was very light in that one or two injuries or suspensions and our form dipped dramatically!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

djpbarry wrote: »
    Massively over-rated player. Looks good going forward as he's pacey, but his final ball is consistently wayward and his positional sense for a full-back is atrocious. A poor man's Seamus Coleman.
    He was fantastic for us in '08 and '09, seemed to go backwards in '10, though most of the team did

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Better than playing Aaron Greene left back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Aaron Greene played the position very tell while Davoren was injured.

I wouldn't take Davoren out of the team for Powell. It's an exciting signing but I think we could have used the funds at another position.

Have to agree with Oatesy there. Greene looked very good at left back, I wouldn't be too surprised if he keeps his place there.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    but I think we could have used the funds at another position.

That why you're charging 25 quid for the European game? :pac:

In fairness, if you can fill out the ground, it will be a good haul.

• Advertisement

Need to make back the €50,000 the club is spending to get the ground up to standard. €25 per person will be a good start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

bohsboy wrote: »
    Bohsboy's top five....

1. Sligo
    2. Derry (On goal difference)
    3. Airfix
    4. Pats
    5. Bohs

Bring it on.....;)

I think I'm going to get a savage payout on this........:cool:

€25 is scandalous for a match ticket. Obviously the hard core will pay it but might be hard selling tickets to the casual fan unless drawn with a really big side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

doncarlos wrote: »
    €25 is scandalous for a match ticket. Obviously the hard core will pay it but might be hard selling tickets to the casual fan unless drawn with a really big side.

Well, it's cheaper than paying €15 into Tallaght or the RDS and having to travel to Dublin.

And at least the money is being invested into their club's long term future.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Well, it's cheaper than paying €15 into Tallaght or the RDS and having to travel to Dublin.

And at least the money is being invested into their club's long term future.Powell/Boco

Fixed that for you.

Won't Sligo be getting a decent wad for getting to the third qualifying round - nearly 200k I would have though.

Won't Sligo be getting a decent wad for getting to the third qualifying round - nearly 200k I would have though.

Just 90k, same as you get for entering the first qualifying round.

Dundalk got 180k for playing in two rounds last year whereas Sporting Fingal would have gotten 90k for playing one.

edit*

1st qualifying round: €90,000
    2nd qualifying round: €90,000
    3rd qualifying round: €90,000
    Playoffs: €90,000
    Group stage: €1,000,000
    Group match victory: €120,000
    Group match draw: €60,000
    1st knock out round: €180,000
    2nd knock out round: €270,000
    Quarter-finals: €360,000
    Semi-finals: €630,000
    Losing Finalist: €2,000,000
    Winning the Final: €3,000,000

You also get money for wins, draws, televised games etc

You don't get the money until after the season either which is why it's important to start making back the money invested in the ground right away.

The ticket money isn't used to fund player signings, it's to cover costs. The club already raised €40k about 6 weeks ago to fund player signings iirc.

Nail on the head there, its a small price to pay for European football at the Showgrounds.

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Nail on the head there, its a small price to pay for European football at the Showgrounds.

For you, not the casual fan.

Unless Sligo get a big name in the draw, no way will they sell out or even close to it with €25 a ticket

• Advertisement

You don't get the money until after the season either which is why it's important to start making back the money invested in the ground right away.

The ticket money isn't used to fund player signings, it's to cover costs. The club already raised €40k about 6 weeks ago to fund player signings iirc.

Officially they money isn't paid out by UEFA until the competition is finished which is the following may. However, as the money is paid to the governing body rather than the clubs themselves, the FAI have advanced money to clubs knowing that they were guaranteed to get the money back from UEFA as soon as the competition ends.

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Its a small price to pay for European football at the Showgrounds.

Still a big price for the average punter and European football won't mean much to the average punter unless it's a big name.

If it pays off, you'll make the money but you may drive people away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

And at least the money is being invested into their club's long term future.

Where's the evidence for that? What plans have they got for the future?
    I would say the excessive charge of €25 is to cater for the short term.

The club already raised €40k about 6 weeks ago to fund player signings iirc.

20k to cover each players contract? :pac:

20k to cover each players contract? :pac:

We've only signed 1 player and loaned out Daryl Horgan to Cork for the rest of the season.

Gemeral manager also left about 2 months ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Anyone know where foot.ie has gone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

born2bwild wrote: »
    Still there.

sadly...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

i can't get on to it.

• Advertisement

i can't get on to it.

It's upgrading it says.

i can't get on to it.

no loss there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

worst. website. ever.

run by monkeys, for monkeys.

to the dogs?

to the dogs?

No arguments there. Used to be a great forum but has gotten very poor.
    At least on here when opposition fans wind you up there is a bit of intelligance put in to it! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

At least on here when opposition fans wind you up there is a bit of intelligance put in to it!
    So's yer ma.

• Advertisement

At least on here when opposition fans wind you up there is a bit of intelligance put in to it! :D

My cats breath smells like cat food!

So's yer ma.
    My cats breath smells like cat food!

:D I suppose I asked for that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

Tommy Stewart - Partick Thistle

Non-transfers:
    James Keddy formerly Player/Manager of Bluebell Utd. last season was unable to sign for Longford as he had previously got a tax-rebate/tax refund after retiring from LoI football a few years ago.

LiamMc wrote: »
    Tommy Stewart - Partick Thistle

Non-transfers:
    James Keddy formerly Player/Manager of Bluebell Utd. last season was unable to sign for Longford as he had previously got a tax-rebate/tax refund after retiring from LoI football a few years ago.

Tony Grant had same issue with Drogs.

For you, not the casual fan.

Unless Sligo get a big name in the draw, no way will they sell out or even close to it with €25 a ticket
    Looking like the tickets will be sold out before the draw is even made.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement