Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI rumours etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

finn harps have taken gary curran of galways hands. probably also means that young mcAlwee is taking the scholarship in the states

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

We actually released Curran 2-3 weeks ago.

He should be a good signing for Harps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Sean o Connor resigned for pats.

Only question i have is Why?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

dreamers75 wrote: »

So no more "that's why we let you go" then...

dfx- wrote: »
    So no more "that's why we let you go" then...

No reckon it be more bewilderment at why?

He started a fight with pats fans during one of his visits back :pac: he will be welcomed back :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭backspacer

Dammit, thought it said Sean Connor resigned:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

SoC as in windy? Ex-Hoops and current moan?
    flas wrote: »
    longford town have signed a lad called daniel purdy, he is just back from west ham where he was playing for last few years, he is an irish underage international, he scored 2 against us in a friendly against shamrock rovers last week who he lined out for but he never signed for them. his father played for rovers and derry city in the 90's and early 00's!

He's a massive hoops fan too ;) Has been playing for Rovers from u8s or so ;)

First agents O'Brien and Murphy get Bohs knocked out of Europa...now Dundalk are doomed too ;)

Ebbs wrote: »

The one and only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

Ebbs wrote: »

He's a massive hoops fan too ;) Has been playing for Rovers from u8s or so ;)

First agents O'Brien and Murphy get Bohs knocked out of Europa...now Dundalk are doomed too ;)

not complainin, we seem to get all yer young players who just cant force themselves into yer first team! its working out well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Is he recovered fully? Had a pretty bad injury.

• Advertisement

stovelid wrote: »
    Is he recovered fully? Had a pretty bad injury.

being **** isnt an injury its an affliction

being **** isnt an injury its an affliction

I thought he would be out most of this season too.

Socky is talented but lightweight and inconsistent. Should fit the bill for you perfectly seeing as you signed Bradley and are after Kavanagh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

backspacer wrote: »
    Dammit, thought it said Sean Connor resigned:mad:
    That will never happen.

I thought he would be out most of this season too.

Socky is talented but lightweight and inconsistent. Should fit the bill for you perfectly seeing as you signed Bradley and are after Kavanagh.

In pete we trust.

In pete we trust.

Funny enough, Socky scored one of the best goals ever in Tallaght (imo). Think it was against Drogs in the cup first season up there. First-touch chip from the sideline.

In pete we trust.

Ooooh..not dreaming about the signing then... :pac:

SOC was ok if irritating in 2009 and did pretty well last season, some really good impact games. I was surprised he stayed last season and contributed as much. Certifiably 200 times more than Bradley or Bayly did anyway. His windiness wasn't much help in 2008, but that was a difficult side to be in. Rice is the only survivor from then since SOC left I think..

Rice is the only survivor from then since SOC left I think..

Flynner too.

Was he a regular? (I've tried to blank the season out :) )

Agent O'Brien was right back, Maguire, Price...left back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Ye he was. Corey Tracey too and Madden were also regulars in the back four.

Was he a regular? (I've tried to blank the season out :) )

Agent O'Brien was right back, Maguire, Price...left back?

Think Madden was our left full last season in Tolka. Didn't Corey play there sometimes too?

Hear you about blanking...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Seems Limerick have snapped up Mervue's most talented player, Rory Gaffney. Great signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

So anyway, now that that's done with. Any predictions for Tuesday night? Personally I think Copenhagen will score and this will put the tie beyond rovers. But I'm an eternal pessimist. Anyone think rovers will win?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I can't see Rovers getting anything from it, but at the same time I expected Copenhagen to put it beyond them in the first leg so anything is possible

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Galway United have signed Laurence Gaughan (21). The 6'2 central defender is a former Republic of Ireland under 19 international. His former clubs include Oxford United, Glasgow Celtic, Liverpool and Sheffield United. Gaughan is expected to be included in the Galway United squad for the visit of Derry City to Terryland Park on Friday night, KO 7.45PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Galway United have signed Laurence Gaughan (21). The 6'2 central defender is a former Republic of Ireland under 19 international. His former clubs include Oxford United, Glasgow Celtic, Liverpool and Sheffield United. Gaughan is expected to be included in the Galway United squad for the visit of Derry City to Terryland Park on Friday night, KO 7.45PM.

He was training with Shels for a week, played against Millwall in the Friendly and we didn't sign him. Didn't look up to much tbh.

In other news Bobby Ryan was playing with Landen Utd of Ballyfermot last night against my mates team, is he not still with Galway Utd?

In other news Bobby Ryan?

A small horse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

He was training with Shels for a week, played against Millwall in the Friendly and we didn't sign him. Didn't look up to much tbh.
    Did he look like he was fit at least I wonder. We just got rid of a couple of porkers (I can talk). We don't need another one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Did he look like he was fit at least I wonder. We just got rid of a couple of porkers (I can talk). We don't need another one.

I'll ask my mate, saying that my mates claim to fan is he nutsed Bobby Ryan! An old Shelbourne favourite of his.

Karl Moore signed for Rovers today.

• Advertisement

In other news Bobby Ryan was playing with Landen Utd of Ballyfermot last night against my mates team, is he not still with Galway Utd?
    He is still with us for now.

We signed Victor Collins from Salthill today.

Strange signing IMO.

Strange signing IMO.

Cover on both sides for rest of season I guess and I would assume Paddy K will be gone soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Cover on both sides for rest of season I guess and I would assume Paddy K will be gone soon enough.

Moore really is a strange one. I know he was playing with UCD and Galway but I have never been impressed with him anytime I've seen him.

Maybe like you say he may be cheap cover for the rest of the season.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

He's my sister's friend's brother :p I know all the stars...

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

kev mchugh will play his 300th game for Harps this weekend. 4 goals would give him a perfect average of 1 goal every 2 games as he currently sits on 146 for the club. only Bradley has scored more in a harps jersey-181. (i just remember this because pat morley, the second highest loi scorer of all time scores 182 a couple more goals and he wouldnt need his few with derry and sligo to claim his crown)

Good signing always brilliant vs us, could be the whole play for free deal we offered him :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Can any of you give me a report on Derry's James McClean please? Apparently he's coming to Sunderland for a medical on Monday.

Paully D wrote: »
    Can any of you give me a report on Derry's James McClean please? Apparently he's coming to Sunderland for a medical on Monday.

Energetic decent touch, if he worked on his crosses he might be a decent prospect. Decent shot on him, hes a big lad too.

Energetic decent touch, if he worked on his crosses he might be a decent prospect. Decent shot on him, hes a big lad too.

Cheers! Can't say I know anything at all about him myself. A cheap gamble if nothing else I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Cheers! Can't say I know anything at all about him myself. A cheap gamble if nothing else I suppose.

Prob best to loan him out too. Decent player when I've seen him, if he has the right attitude good things may happen.

He's looked impressive in the last two games against Rovers. He terrorised Pat Sullivan in Tallaght from the kickoff. There's more likely to be Derry fans who could say more on fool.ie..

• Advertisement

Thanks for the comments lad. Looking forward to seeing how he does. He'll be given plenty of time by Bruce anyway.

Sunderland have a good record with youngsters under Bruce (Meyler, Henderson, Colback etc) so it's an interesting move. Fingers crossed it works out :)

saw on bbc ni today he mcClean has withdrawn from the NI squad and they think he will declare for the republic. theres another one for em to go on about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

overshoot wrote: »
    saw on bbc ni today he mcClean has withdrawn from the NI squad and they think he will declare for the republic. theres another one for em to go on about

Confirmed on extatime that he wants to declare for the rebublic. Delighted I have to say. Anything that pisses off that Worthington bigot has to be a good thing. Great timing especially after Mannus' mysterious call up a week after moving from rovers to Scotland and having not even played a game over there yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Confirmed in the Times today that McClean has declared for the Republic. Transfer fee believed to be about €400k plus add-ons.

djpbarry wrote: »
    Confirmed in the Times today that McClean has declared for the Republic. Transfer fee believed to be about €400k plus add-ons.

Nigel Worthington. Yesterday.

huge.94.471795.JPG

Good to see Derry get a half-decent fee for him and now they've lost their best player so all good. :)

aparantly healy had a proper rant about it in a interview:D. anybody got a link though? so far my searches havnt found anything

overshoot wrote: »
    aparantly healy had a proper rant about it in a interview:D.
    It's understandable. It must be soul-destroying for the IFA, investing in an underage set-up only to see their best and brightest (and Darron Gibson) declare for the Republic when they know they've outgrown the North.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

djpbarry wrote: »
    It's understandable. It must be soul-destroying for the IFA, investing in an underage set-up only to see their best and brightest (and Darron Gibson) declare for the Republic when they know they've outgrown the North.

Well then maybe they should do more to make those from a nationalist background feel more included. Drop God Save the Queen for a start - it's hugely divisive, is seen as triumphalist and not something that many people from the Cregan would want to have represent them. Scotland and Wales have their own anthem, Northern Ireland should too.

I know that moves have been made among the IFA and some Northern Ireland fan groups, but when you hear them singing 'Up to our necks in Fenian blood' at the Aviva Stadium, you can understand the decision of players from a nationalist background to declare for us.

It's also worth nothing that McClean wasn't deemed worthy of a call-up until the very week that he left the League of Ireland. Alan Mannus moving from Shamrock Rovers to sit on the St Johnstone bench found that getting on the place alone was good enough to earn him a recall after being frozen out for two years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

When you look at the way Neil Lennon was treated by NI fans it's no surprise why lads from a nationalist background wouldn't want to play for them.

Well then maybe they should do more to make those from a nationalist background feel more included. Drop God Save the Queen for a start...
    Yeah, I know, I know. Discussion for another thread I suppose.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement