Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI rumours etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

overshoot wrote: »
    aparantly healy had a proper rant about it in a interview:D. anybody got a link though? so far my searches havnt found anything

anyone any link? i want to hear it aswell if at all possible! cheers!

found it;

"It's always disappointing to hear. I don't know the lad but he must be doing well for Derry, I think he's signing for Sunderland so he's obviously got something about him. But I've said before if you don't want to come and play for Northern Ireland, don't abuse the shirt, don't abuse the nation, don't insult the manager and the IFA by claiming you want to come and play in a friendly. Players have done that in previous years where they feel we're not sure, we haven't decided where we want to play, can we come and play in a meaningless friendly where it doesn't mean much, mixing amongst the lads for three or four days and then disappear off the face of the earth where we don't see them again. Don't abuse it, don't abuse the shirt. Northern Ireland's always been a place where we've prided ourselves on great pride and passion so don't come in and abuse our wee country."

found it;

"It's always disappointing to hear. I don't know the lad but he must be doing well for Derry, I think he's signing for Sunderland so he's obviously got something about him. But I've said before if you don't want to come and play for Northern Ireland, don't abuse the shirt, don't abuse the nation, don't insult the manager and the IFA by claiming you want to come and play in a friendly. Players have done that in previous years where they feel we're not sure, we haven't decided where we want to play, can we come and play in a meaningless friendly where it doesn't mean much, mixing amongst the lads for three or four days and then disappear off the face of the earth where we don't see them again. Don't abuse it, don't abuse the shirt. Northern Ireland's always been a place where we've prided ourselves on great pride and passion so don't come in and abuse our wee country."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

flas wrote: »
    I don't know the lad but he must be doing well for Derry, I think he's signing for Sunderland so he's obviously got something about him.

This should be stickied as a stock explanation for the magic airplane metaphor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

but he didnt play the friendly. at best he got a few days of a training camp which to me (if he did attend the camp) would suggest that he didnt wanna be there either through his reception or own wishes.

shame he didnt use the dont abuse the shirt line after the neil lennon crap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Where is George O'Callaghan plying his trade nowadays? Last I heard he was down in Cork, Is he still there? How is he getting on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

James__10 wrote: »
    Where is George O'Callaghan plying his trade nowadays?
    No idea - he's played at a raft of different clubs since he left Cork in '07. Last I knew, Rod had signed him for Cork again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

djpbarry wrote: »
    No idea - he's played at a raft of different clubs since he left Cork in '07. Last I knew, Rod had signed him for Cork again.

According to Wikipedia:

At the end of June 2010 George decided to return to Cork City in order to help the clubs attempt to achieve promotion from the First Division. He made his debut on 23 July against Finn Harps. He left the club once again before the end of the year.

In February 2011 he joined League One side Brentford on a two week trial. He signed for Conference National club Cambridge United on non-contract terms in April 2011. However he was never utilized by the club in his brief time there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27 Gavinsfc

Witchie wrote: »
    I know! Hate this being out of the loop a little stuff. :-(

Conlon didn't sign in the end for yous, he was on holidays and missed the registration or something along them lines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Shels announced today that Macron will be taking over as official kit supplier at the end of the season.

http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=1959

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Shels announced today that Macron will be taking over as official kit supplier at the end of the season.

http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=1959

I know the Rumours thread has been fairly quiet of late but we're not that desperate for a bit of news. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Kits they make are not very nice, nor are the tracksuits etc. Wonder did Umbro pull out or get out bidded.

Shels website is dire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Ebbs wrote: »
    Kits they make are not very nice, nor are the tracksuits etc. Wonder did Umbro pull out or get out bidded.

Shels website is dire.

The two lads who sort out the gear for the supporters' shop have been really pished off with Umbro the last year so it was always going to happen. Umbro wouldn't give new gear for the shop and whatnot without the two of them having to chase Umbro around.

The Charlton jersey is decent, I'd take a Shels rework of that tbh.

Website has gone downhill since the webmaster took all his time and effort over to extratime.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Website has gone downhill since the webmaster took all his time and effort over to extratime.ie.

Aye, it has, but it's hardly his fault the club couldn't get anyone else to put the time and effort that he put in for free, most of the time leaving him out of pocket, is it?

Des wrote: »
    Aye, it has, but it's hardly his fault the club couldn't get anyone else to put the time and effort that he put in for free, most of the time leaving him out of pocket, is it?

Don't think Gav is blaming him.

• Advertisement

Des wrote: »

Woah, hold up there Des, as Zebra3 noted after your point I'm not blaming him in anyway, I was repling to what someone said about the website.

Actually as it stands I'm contemplating trying to get to grips with setting up a Wordpress site and putting it to the Board as a replacement to the current site in the near future, not a chance I'd have the time to get a fully functioning site mustered up in HTML, CSS, etc... although there seems to be a few people within the fanbase that combined we could put together a proper site if the Board happened to ask for help.

We really need a more informative and better site tbh, especially if we manage to get promoted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Could be big trouble on the North East coast. An unpaid planning permission bill of 430k has just "appeared" according to Gerry Matthews.
    Meeting with the trust last night and things starting to look grim. I've tried to give him the benefit of the doubt but it's looking more and more that he is trying to pull a fast one

This is going to get VERY messy!

Anyone know if this supposed ban on Derry playing in Europe is true? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Anyone know if this supposed ban on Derry playing in Europe is true? :confused:
    Don't see how it can be when they are considered a new entity. If a new club (Fingal) were allowed to play before then I can't see how Derry would be stopped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Don't see how it can be when they are considered a new entity. If a new club (Fingal) were allowed to play before then I can't see how Derry would be stopped.
    first iv heard of this-can someone elaborate... or jog my memory im sure its there somewhere, but hasnt the club done whatever to be recognised by the fai as a continuation of the old (never will be in my eyes, same with cork), if thats the case surly they inherit the bans?

• Advertisement

AgileMyth wrote: »

The impression I got was that it was either a) a new rule that came in after S. Fingal played in Europe or b) only effected clubs that claimed the history of old clubs but not their debts.

Like a lot of fans of LoI clubs, I've heard the rumour, and am just looking for clarification.

Doesn't really bother the Reds either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Supposedly UEFA dont allow a "reborn" club into Europe for 3 years after liquidation/bankruptcy etc

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Yes, as far as I have read, Fingal isn't a precedent. It's 'reformed' clubs this affects, of which our Northern friends would be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

BOOM!

And the thread lives

I'm hearing there was war at the Sligo agm last week. There's talk of 20% wage cuts to players and management. So much for challenging for the title next season.

Jason Byrne is supposedly close to signing for Drogheda.. why?

Also John Delaney has been diagnosed with terminal dickheadedness - discuss the pro's and con's of him kicking it.

So when are Sporting Shelhemians going to apply for a licence :pac:

Nikki Byrne wants to be a football coach in Ireland :p

dreamers75 wrote: »
    So when are Sporting Shelhemians going to apply for a licence :pac:

When are St. Francis Athletic FC going to apply for a license! :)

Bit of publicity if Nicky comes along, he is included in the Shels Cult Heroes book afterall.

Any rumours on the manager merry go round?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Leejo

What's so funny about that? Nicky Byrne was with Leeds as a youth, seen him play a few times and he's a top keeper.

Leejo wrote: »
    What's so funny about that? Nicky Byrne was with Leeds as a youth, seen him play a few times and he's a top keeper.

No badges, no experience bet hes better than Kenna tho.

Mahon to Dundalk
    Buckley/Campbell to us
    Matthews to us

Still november

Mahon to Dundalk
    Buckley/Campbell to us
    Matthews to us

Still november

When I said it on here a while back about the Matthews thing you said not a chance. Personnally I can't see it happening, hoping he sticks around along with the majority of the squad.

Supposedly Fenlon, Buckley, Sean Connor, Roddy and Devlin have all applied for Dundalk, or so someone on facebook says.

I'm hearing there was war at the Sligo agm last week. There's talk of 20% wage cuts to players and management. So much for challenging for the title next season.
    Amazing what you hear from people who haven't a clue...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

Cant blame him really. Who could turn down the offer/honour of,
    playing with King Georgie !!!???
    dpmm_train3.jpg
    dpmm_train8.jpg

http://www.eteamz.com/dpmmfc/

http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/soccer_irish/63008/
    Eamon Zayed looks set to head to Brunei for a trial with recently reinstated Singapore S league side Brunei DPMM

^^What cause he is on hunger strike for? :confused:

^^What cause he is on hunger strike for? :confused:

to get the singapore drink drive laws relaxed

Awaits first 'he called me and my sister Irish IMF scabs' racist storm over there in six months time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Do Dundalk have money or something? Why would that job be so attractive to so many?

gimmick wrote: »
    Do Dundalk have money or something? Why would that job be so attractive to so many?

For the list of managers linked, it would still arguably be a better job.

Foster should have done better with that squad.

gimmick wrote: »

all the extra toes

Fenlon favourite to take over at Hibs, can't see him turning that down.

When I said it on here a while back about the Matthews thing you said not a chance. Personnally I can't see it happening, hoping he sticks around along with the majority of the squad.

Rumours etc

Jason Byrne to drogs :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

BOOM!

And the thread lives

Jason Byrne is supposedly close to signing for Drogheda.. why?

Also John Delaney has been diagnosed with terminal dickheadedness - discuss the pro's and con's of him kicking it.
    LOL pitty our agm dosnt happen till February or March

Red Bull Bohemian FC, anyone?

Lookin' at Bohs new gear and it seems they have the same manufacturer as Shels - Macron. Is that the reason Bohs stuff is going for cheap at the Umbro stores? Or is that down to the imminent doom of the club?

Lookin' at Bohs new gear and it seems they have the same manufacturer as Shels - Macron. Is that the reason Bohs stuff is going for cheap at the Umbro stores? Or is that down to the imminent doom of the club?

When a club is about to go bust, the price of their gear normally goes up!!!

Some pr*ck turned up at Brighton & H.A. (I think) in the late 90s and bought a load of merchandise. The staff in the club shop asked him (as they realised he wasn't a local) what he was doing, and he told them he was buying up their stuff as they were about to go out of business.

Thankfully he was wrong. :pac:

Fenlon's talked with Bohs with regards leaving the club, even though there's 1 year left on his contract. There's no compensation clause in it.. so when he leaves, Bohs get nothin'

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Fenlon's talked with Bohs with regards leaving the club, even though there's 1 year left on his contract. There's no compensation clause in it.. so when he leaves, Bohs get nothin'
    Well we need to get him off the wage bill anyway

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Of course. But I can't help but feel not putting a compensation clause in his contract is just a little shortsighted.

• Advertisement

Heard rumour that Umbro were owed money so dropped them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

So here we are folks! Shels get promoted, eventually, and they already delight in the doom of others clubs!! Pathetic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

monkey9 wrote: »
    So here we are folks! Shels get promoted, eventually, and they already delight in the doom of others clubs!! Pathetic!
    Like everyone did ours?

stovelid wrote: »
    Heard rumour that Umbro were owed money so dropped them.

Shels were in the same position after the Ollie era, club had to fork out a decent amount just to get Umbro supplying Shels gear, afaik all the €10,000s of debt has been cleared as of last season.

Derek Pender to Shels? Something to do with him nearly losing his job during the summer due to Pats being in Europe, much on the Pats forum about it? Is he any use these days?

Surely they don't need a clause in his contract to stop him leaving? Whats the purpose of a contract if it doesn't oblige him to see out a period with the club?

On a different note we've so far been linked with two Shels defenders, one midfield player from Drogheda and one forward from Dundalk. I'll leave ye to figure out the names yourselves because I reckon theres no substance in anything yet.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement