Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI rumours etc

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

If it's the last thing I do, I want to see Rovers win in Cork, so two away games would double those chances - fine by me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Now that Fenlon is gone to Hibs, who will take over Bohs? And will he try take anyone with him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Please, please, please let it be Roddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

If that happened I think everyone might actually just die of laughter.

But if the rumours of Cook leaving Sligo are true, maybe it will be him, or would the budget at Bohs mean it would be a lrage step backward?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

For some mental reason, Bohs fans want Roddy - http://www.thebohs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17260

Can't see Cook going near it. If he did leave Sligo because of funds, he wouldn't go near Dalymount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

For some mental reason, Bohs fans want Roddy - http://www.thebohs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17260

Can't see Cook going near it. If he did leave Sligo because of funds, he wouldn't go near Dalymount.

Quote off there - We have to see what our budget is next season, hopefully its less than Monaghans. Then we have to see who's available within our budget. Whether Roddy fits in there I dont know, doubt it.

What budget? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

gimmick wrote: »
    Now that Fenlon is gone to Hibs, who will take over Bohs? And will he try take anyone with him?

Will Heary make the step up?

Will Brennan bugger off to Edinburgh?

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

gimmick wrote: »

But if the rumours of Cook leaving Sligo are true, maybe it will be him, or would the budget at Bohs mean it would be a lrage step backward?

If Cook is threatening to leave Sligo because of a reduced (or refused budget depending on which rumour you believe) budget, he's hardly going to go to a club with a presumabaly smaller one again?

I suspect it's just brinkmanship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Anything is possible at Dalymount. Bringing back Collins would be nothing compared to what has happened there over the last few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Didn't we have all this Cookie is gone noise last winter as well? I do recall reading somewhere that he had walked out due to the budget arguments and all of a sudden he is back. The usual stuff from him.

Fenlon, you were our biggest rivals manager but best of luck to you. Genuinely hope he does well. So Owen Heary to step in? I think so given that I know he was due to take over at another club (not going to name them) and told them late last evening that he was no longer available. Maybe already agreed to take over from Pat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

iregk wrote: »
    So Owen Heary to step in?
    Seems like a reasonable step for both parties - the Bohs job isn't going to be terribly attractive to established managers. Good chance for Heary to cut his teeth.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Heary was managing the A team last season (took charge for the LSC games) so he knows all the kids. I'd be happy to see him in charge.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Would love to see Heary take the job, if unavailable Toccy or Roddy in that order please.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Would be good to see Heary cut his teeth at Bohs before returning to the Reds to lead us to European glory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Squelchy wrote: »
    Will Heary make the step up?

Will Brennan bugger off to Edinburgh?

Will the Brennans bugger off en masse to Edinburgh?

I'd say a few LoI heads will follow nutsy - 5 or 6 tops - who will they be? Ger O'Brien? Killian B? Heard N'do mentioned too.

Decent chance Buckley and some of the young lads from Bohs will go over.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Quote off there - We have to see what our budget is next season, hopefully its less than Monaghans. Then we have to see who's available within our budget. Whether Roddy fits in there I dont know, doubt it.

What budget? :confused:

There'll always be a budget, if we're here next season it better be a minuscule at that!

I personally would love to see Roddy return , In Rod We Trust ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I'll be shocked if Heary is not offered it at least. Best super low budget option for Bohs.

How's about Martin Russell?

dsmythy wrote: »

Would be a good option but don't see why he would leave UCD to get the exact same role at Bohs (bringing youth players through) Still Heary and/or Toccy for me, both know the Bohs youth system through and through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

bohsman wrote: »
    Would be a good option but don't see why he would leave UCD to get the exact same role at Bohs (bringing youth players through) Still Heary and/or Toccy for me, both know the Bohs youth system through and through.

Should Bohs still be in existence I'd imagine he'd see more of a chance for future success with a club he will have moulded and helped bring back from the brink. UCD will always be a footballer creche, Bohs are bigger surely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

dsmythy wrote: »
    Nah, UCD are just keeping him occupied until he returns to Pats after Pete steps down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

alan keane and gavin peers sign for sligo for 2012 season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Is this Niall Quinn to Dundalk or Pats a big pish take?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Where did you hear this?

I'd say so. It's prob too late to change owners at this stage as licenses can not be transferred after they are issued.

doncarlos wrote: »
    Where did you hear this?

I'd say so. It's prob too late to change owners at this stage as licenses can not be transferred after they are issued.

A mate, same lad who told me Paddy Kavanagh to Derry and Glen Cronin to Shels. Supposedly a managerial position, not ownership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Wasn't he involved with Pats for a brief time after he retired??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

Happy to say that Danny north is in well advanced talks with Sligo rovers- he would be a great signing with full time training:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Sligored wrote: »
    Happy to say that Danny north is in well advanced talks with Sligo rovers- he would be a great signing with full time training:)
    Don't rate him that highly - like a slower Philly Hughes with a bad attitude.

doncarlos wrote: »
    Where did you hear this?

Licences are issued to clubs surely, not their owners. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Danny north signed for us

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Danny north signed for us
    Greene signed up for next year too.

Thats:
    Keane
    Peers
    Greene
    Horgan
    North
    McGoldrick

We can nearly make a team now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

mcGoldrick seems to be rated highly by some in sligo but sweet jebus he was awful with Harps last season.

overshoot wrote: »
    mcGoldrick seems to be rated highly by some in sligo but sweet jebus he was awful with Harps last season.
    Surprised at that. Played with him underage, hes got the ability.

How did the other Sligo lads get on up there btw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

overshoot wrote: »
    hes over rated! he will never make our team if he couldn't even make yours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Devenny was the most consistant and best performer of the 3. O'Mahony had his moments towards the end of the season but a very poor start. heard o'mahony was supposed to stay for next year but never saw something definate.

Felix & Pizza have been putting the squad in place early this year (on condidtion the club is there next year)
    definate signed for next year, Keith Cowan, Aaron O'Hagan, Tommy Bonner, Kev McHugh,
    JP Gallagher, Ciaran Gallagher, Stephen O’Donnell were "among a number of players who have agreed new contracts"
    pretty sure the others were Martin Redmond, Barry O'Mahony, Blain Curtis and Chris Breen
    None will be getting much money. Brolly is gone but its either a case of no contract offered or it wasnt acceptable, heard both

Zebra3 wrote: »

Nice way to start! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

2 year lease, Kelleher sells the club and NAMA take the money so a non runner but hey this is LOI!!!. Afaik heading to Dundalk as they cheap and have no **** attached.

Buckley also has someone backing him for a takeover of a club, Kelleher shot him down too.

Mahon close to being our manager next season so im happy.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    2 year lease, Kelleher sells the club and NAMA take the money so a non runner but hey this is LOI!!!. Afaik heading to Dundalk as they cheap and have no **** attached.

Buckley also has someone backing him for a takeover of a club, Kelleher shot him down too.

Mahon close to being our manager next season so im happy.

Buckley and backers? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm where have we seen that happen and fail!

Rodgers and Pender been offered contracts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Haven't seen it on here yet, but Bray Wanderers' Gary Dempsey has confirmed on his twitter that he's signed for the Blues this season!

Brilliant signing at First Division level.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Brilliant signing for Waterford.

blue-army wrote: »
    Haven't seen it on here yet, but Bray Wanderers' Gary Dempsey has confirmed on his twitter that he's signed for the Blues this season!

Brilliant signing at First Division level.:D

Another 12 month contract or was that a one off for Kenny Browne?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Dempsey is a super signing for Waterford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Love it! We get to abuse Philly in the Premier now too! Today has just gotten better.

Danny Ventre re-signed today. He says hes staying 'til he breaks Chris Turner's legs.

Paul Corry on Twitter saying he could be coming here too. Don't know that much about him to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Witchie wrote: »
    Love it! We get to abuse Philly in the Premier now too! Today has just gotten better.
    I really doubt Philly cares too much about 5 people and their cow heckling him. Why do yous hate him so much anyway? He was banging them in for you while he was there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

iregk wrote: »
    Dempsey is a super signing for Waterford.

Big loss for Bray..
    CSF wrote: »
    I really doubt Philly cares too much about 5 people and their cow heckling him. Why do yous hate him so much anyway? He was banging them in for you while he was there.

Moreso now that he plays for Shels in the Premier, there'll be a lot more people fighting to be at the front of the queue with them..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Buckley and backers? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm where have we seen that happen and fail!

Rodgers and Pender been offered contracts?

LOI seems Buckley is coming to Pats or Mahon.........

We have noone signed and offered noone anything, Carroll sort of on a contract due to his scholarship same with 2 others. They dont sign for us and we dont pay their college fees.

Cant even buy a ****ing season ticket.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    We have noone signed and offered noone anything

Seriously?

I know things have changed a bit since the economy collapsed but surely the minimum any club does is it tries to re-sign their best players as soon as (if not before) the season ends. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Seriously?

I know things have changed a bit since the economy collapsed but surely the minimum any club does is it tries to re-sign their best players as soon as (if not before) the season ends. :confused:

Try telling that to Pats :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement