Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI rumours etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

SantryRed wrote: »
    I'm embarrassed for any Shels fan who think that's an achievement to win.

:confused:

I don't know anyone who took it seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

SantryRed wrote: »
    I'm embarrassed for any Shels fan who think that's an achievement to win. It's a minnow cup which ressie teams should play in.

My comments on it are tongue in cheek Ben!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

CSF wrote: »
    Eh theres a decent enough chance you won't even exist in a few years.
    Most optimistic post of all time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

enlarge_1302589118.jpg

Shels new jersey, looks a bit plain.

We getting a new one.....maybe.....next week...sponsor be nice...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

It's red and has a crest, what more could you want from a jersey?

Besides, there'll be a sponsor in on it in time for the new season.

It's red and has a crest, what more could you want from a jersey?

Besides, there'll be a sponsor in on it in time for the new season.

Some sort of unique style? Our last 2 kits are fcuking lovely with the imprinted crest and old collar. We stuck with Umbro for few more years, wouldnt mind going with Macron but not if they come up with that.

We have no sponsor hence maybe next week etc:

Do you even know what manufacturer you'll be with next season? Last I heard - your club shop didn't even know when they'd have the new stock in and they weren't allowed sell the old.

Do you even know what manufacturer you'll be with next season? Last I heard - your club shop didn't even know when they'd have the new stock in and they weren't allowed sell the old.

2nd year of a 5 year contract with Umbro.

Sadliers last action as CEO........If it was up to me i would get Proteam to make the gear and get this lad to design it and make 50% profit on every jersey sold (€40 max)

Rather than the cut we get now, altho not paying Umbro makes the cut smaller and smaller

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

dreamers75 wrote: »
    enlarge_1302589118.jpg

Shels new jersey, looks a bit plain.

Nice......training top.

That Shels jersey was a one off, for sale between the end of the season and the Cup Final. No main sponsor is confirmed for next season yet.

http://www.sportsfile.com/id/573521/

• Advertisement

bohs and limerick going with macron too.

I though Macron was the kit supplier for clubs that owe Umbro money? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Ah, the LOI kit rumours thread - I've been looking for you.

Vicious rumours circulating that Pats will be moving away from the conventional polypropylene-based sock in favour of an ultra-modern polyamide variety.

That Shels jersey was a one off, for sale between the end of the season and the Cup Final.

Isn't it next season's shirt but without any potential sponsor's logo on it?

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/gormley-in-line-to-take-reins-at-dundalk-2959100.html

Fingers crossed. :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Longford Town are with Macron next season too.

stovelid wrote: »
    I though Macron was the kit supplier for clubs that owe Umbro money? :pac:

:D Not a penny owed these days by Shels!
    Zebra3 wrote: »

Isn't it next season's shirt but without any potential sponsor's logo on it?

Yes, hence it's a one off without the sponsor.;)

No Deano, Sullo or Giller! :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

djpbarry wrote: »
    Vicious rumours circulating that Pats will be moving away from the conventional polypropylene-based sock in favour of an ultra-modern polyamide variety.

I've always considered the polypropylene sock as a fire hazard. The sooner this sort of atypical unprofessionalism in the LOI is stamped out the better.

So 2 players have already rejected Pats for Shels, hopefully it will be 3 soon enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Didnt want to start a new thread but I was browsing some of the LOI clubs websites, and one thing jumped out at me and that is the lack of coverage the youth side of St Pats get. No match reports or any information can I find about them, when compared to the likes of Shamrock Rovers and Boh's websites youve player profiles and match reports from the youth matches. They have got a youth side dont they:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

So 2 players have already rejected Pats for Shels, hopefully it will be 3 soon enough.

So going by the Shels and Dundalk reasoning of last season that means the Shels are spending mega bucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

bohsman wrote: »
    So going by the Shels and Dundalk reasoning of last season that means the Shels are spending mega bucks.
    No but spending more than Bohs should have been last season, yes definitely

In fairness, outbidding BAB (Bucko and Backers) will raise alarm bells.

Unless, assuming youse are part time, maybe the players have jobs and Pats are going to full-time training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Unless, assuming youse are part time, maybe the players have jobs and Pats are going to full-time training.
    Pats haven't signed anyone yet so there is nothing to gauge anything on. We haven't signed anyone yet that wasn't with us last year.

bohsman wrote: »

Ask yourself why Bisto rejected Shels modest wage/bonus contract for Bohs contract, or maybe just ask Bisto or his brother and they'll them you! Our house is in order and has been since our fall, I suggest concentrating on yourselves first. ;)

We'll be staying part-time and not in Europe, so in a way it attracts players who work full time, e.g. Cassidy who turned Pats down due to work last season, and possibly Pender who supposedly signing for us due to work commitments and not being able to take time for Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Ask yourself why Bisto rejected Shels modest wage/bonus contract for Bohs contract

I could think of a dozen reasons before even looking at money. I know exactly what Bohs budget was last season and where the bulk of that budget went.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Iarfhlaith Davoren to Hibs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Iarfhlaith Davoren to Hibs?
    Hes over there on trial anyway. They'd be mad not to try to sign him to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Ask yourself why Bisto rejected Shels modest wage/bonus contract for Bohs contract, or maybe just ask Bisto or his brother and they'll them you! Our house is in order and has been since our fall, I suggest concentrating on yourselves first. ;)
    No lets all just shout loudly about how everyone else is going bust...That seems the way forward.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Didnt want to start a new thread but I was browsing some of the LOI clubs websites, and one thing jumped out at me and that is the lack of coverage the youth side of St Pats get. No match reports or any information can I find about them, when compared to the likes of Shamrock Rovers and Boh's websites youve player profiles and match reports from the youth matches. They have got a youth side dont they:rolleyes:

Add them on facebook.

5 last year.

• Advertisement

Gringo180 wrote: »

There are things clubs can rightly take flak for, but.....ffs.... :rolleyes:

There are things clubs can rightly take flak for, but.....ffs.... :rolleyes:

Just doesnt look well thats all im saying after all the youth are potentially the future of the club :rolleyes:

It's really not up to the clubs to go updating facebook pages about their players. If you're so appalled by it, there's nothing stopping you from doing it.

It's really not up to the clubs to go updating facebook pages about their players. If you're so appalled by it, there's nothing stopping you from doing it.

Im on about the club website I never said anything about there facebook page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

quigley and boco to sign. new main sponsors to be announced soon. this lot for anyone wondering who they are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

What has Facebook got to do with Gringo's comment?

I know the Wexford Youths website keeps up to date with the U19 squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

heck even longford town, who are botton of the u19 northern section with a point give updates! pats are 4th in the elite section so its not like there is depressing news coming out/
    its poor form not to give them any coverage on the club website. player profiles isnt a must but at least the odd report is good.

oldyouth wrote: »
    What has Facebook got to do with Gringo's comment?

I know the Wexford Youths website keeps up to date with the U19 squad

It just seems St Pats don't give any recognition to there U19 team which in my opinion is wrong, they seem to be the only L.O.I club in fact that don't.

Usually this info is taken directly from players facebook/wiki pages. For example - you look up Brendan Giller on facebook and you get 'B.Giller athlete' which is linked straight to his wiki

..woulda made more sense if I said wiki originally

Usually this info is taken directly from players facebook/wiki pages. For example - you look up Brendan Giller on facebook and you get 'B.Giller athlete' which is linked straight to his wiki

What? Nobody mentioned Wiki or Facebook? I'm talking about the official club website.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

No it's not. There is more to life and the internet (for most people) than Facebook and Wiki. Many clubs put significant resources in to official websites, others don't, that's the discussion.

actually cant see the u19 side mentioned on the sligo website either. (was trying to find out if they did us a favour against derry, the match could be tomorrow though)
    a website is part of the licencing criteria, it should at least have some sort of standard for providing information. derry city's isnt exactly snazzy but all the info is there. (as in the loi table is a print screen of the loi website)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

U-19 info for St Pat's is on the fans forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

[QUOTE=overshoot;75934020]actually cant see the u19 side mentioned on the sligo website either. (was trying to find out if they did us a favour against derry, the match could be tomorrow though)
    a website is part of the licencing criteria, it should at least have some sort of standard for providing information. derry city's isnt exactly snazzy but all the info is there. (as in the loi table is a print screen of the loi website)[/QUOTE]
    look and you will find....
    http://www.sligorovers.com/latest-news-news-menu-inside-246/1349-under-19-fixtures
    http://www.sligorovers.com/latest-news-news-menu-inside-246/1350-rovers-u19s-4-0-longford-town-u19s
    http://www.sligorovers.com/latest-news-news-menu-inside-246/1384-john-perry-sponsors-u-19-side

my bad... now remember i asked ye to beat derry too! (il settle for a draw)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

quigley and boco to sign. new main sponsors to be announced soon. this lot for anyone wondering who they are

I can't imagine North, Quigley and Boco would come cheap. I wonder will this gamble for success pay off...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Looking like Sean and Ryan Brennan, Gabriel Sava and Aidan Collins are leaving mons for drogs. Cue every drogs fan making a sex pee in their pants.

Heartbroken.:-(

Mick Cooke will be in for some abuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Michael O'Neill leaving Shams after the Spurs match according to the Sindo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

monkey9 wrote: »
    Michael O'Neill leaving Shams after the Spurs match according to the Sindo

Himself and the board could not agree on the way rovers were going to go into the future apparently. He said he has no other job lined up - odds on him being northern irelands next manager have shortened considerably though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Witchie wrote: »
    Looking like Sean and Ryan Brennan, Gabriel Sava and Aidan Collins are leaving mons for drogs. Cue every drogs fan making a sex pee in their pants.

Heartbroken.:-(

Mick Cooke will be in for some abuse.

Monaghan looking for a repeat of the 2001 season or what?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement