Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI rumours etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

the second half of the year he was

Yeah that's true and why he was nominated for PFAI player of the year and scored over 20 goals playing with a rubbish team. Sligo fans really live in a different plane of reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭edolan

doncarlos wrote: »
    Yeah that's true and why he was nominated for PFAI player of the year and scored over 20 goals playing with a rubbish team. Sligo fans really live in a different plane of reality.

For his performances in the second half of the season he didn't deserve to be nominated, but he was excellent for the first half of the year. The decline in his performances was probably due to the fact that the entire Dundalk team decided they would settle for a mid-table finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

edolan wrote: »
    For his performances in the second half of the season he didn't deserve to be nominated

Really?? I thought you were a Sligo fan. So you seen all his performances in the second half of the season?

Really?? I thought you were a Sligo fan. So you seen all his performances in the second half of the season?

Don't know how you can defend any of that Dundalks team for the way they played in the second half of last year, no effort put in at all. How many games have they gone without a win now? Don't need to go to their games to know none of them cared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Don't know how you can defend any of that Dundalks team for the way they played in the second half of last year, no effort put in at all. How many games have they gone without a win now? Don't need to go to their games to know none of them cared.
    Eh yes you do, ridiculous statement to make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

It would be a company called GU Football Club Ltd. that would get wound up. The club existed before this company was set up.

And if the company is wound up the club ceases to exist. Good luck with your new club.
    gimmick wrote: »
    I assume the Shels moral compass on how to run a football club correctly is on the way out.

It must be sad to be so obsessed with us that you make something about the Galway Uniteds to post about us. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Sorry to see MON go because I am a big fan. But not so sorry as I would be to see us not being financially prudent.

Lessons fully learned, thank f+ck.

CSF wrote: »
    Eh yes you do, ridiculous statement to make.

The way Foster was speaking in interviews you could tell that he knew he was gone and it definitely affected the players, the team had too many good players such as Ward, Quigley, Byrne, Hawkins, Gaynor and Breen and should've finished higher than they did. I believe that off-field matters effected the players, but they really should've been challenging for a euro spot last year not finishing 19 points away from it. Or was it just a case of very bad luck?

The way Foster was speaking in interviews you could tell that he knew he was gone and it definitely affected the players, the team had too many good players such as Ward, Quigley, Byrne, Hawkins, Gaynor and Breen and should've finished higher than they did. I believe that off-field matters effected the players, but they really should've been challenging for a euro spot last year not finishing 19 points away from it. Or was it just a case of very bad luck?
    None of that has anything to do with how Quigley performed though. It just means Dundalk were crap. If you didn't watch them, you really couldn't know.

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »
    I assume the Shels moral compass on how to run a football club correctly is on the way out.
    Whatever we're doing, you should take note. 116 years and counting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Quigley and Ndo in the same team, thats my vicious abuse limit sorted for next season.

Abuse? I personally love the news. While it means that they are going to be even better when both are on form...for half the season it'll be like they're playing with 9 men. I dont think a team can function with two players so similar...I hope I'm right.

Only LoI manager I'd take would be Kenny. I know the likes of Dolan are very capable managers but I really hate the lad and the way he does his business.

As for the likes of Keane and Kerr...who knows. I really doubt a few of the board members would be onboard with them decisions but in the end... it would bring in more people..if only for the first while. Neither play great football either but Id take a nice three in a row over fancy flicks and second place.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

stovelid wrote: »
    Sorry to see MON go because I am a big fan. But not so sorry as I would be to see us not being financially prudent.

Lessons fully learned, thank f+ck.

I wouldn't be the biggest fan of MON, the AGM in March or so will be interesting to see where the lines were drawn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

there is talk about ndo and quigley in the same team, but have sligo actually signed Ndo? he is still on the PFAI trasfer list
    http://www.pfai.ie/news/282-pfai-transfer-list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

overshoot wrote: »
    there is talk about ndo and quigley in the same team, but have sligo actually signed Ndo? he is still on the PFAI trasfer list
    http://www.pfai.ie/news/282-pfai-transfer-list

No, he hasn't been signed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

sorry should have said will they sign him? he will turn 36 next season, they might be cutting him loose

• Advertisement

dfx- wrote: »
    I wouldn't be the biggest fan of MON

Big fan as a football manager I meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

So with this latest development in mind - which will Bohs play in next season? Premier or First|?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Well I'm sure we'll apply for the premier, whether we get the licence is another issue.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

**** up after **** up after **** up with Bohs.

Cautionary tale for supporters run clubs.

Like Shels before you, leagues won don't mean a damn.

• Advertisement

Well I'm sure we'll apply for the premier, whether we get the licence is another issue.
    No real reason for you not to, if everyone is paid. Go in with an amateur squad with a hunger to compete at that level, try compete and see how you end up.

No real reason for you not to, if everyone is paid. Go in with an amateur squad with a hunger to compete at that level, try compete and see how you end up.
    Pretty much, and at least we'll still get a few decent crowds from Shams, Shels, Pats etc. Money is what we need, even if it means being whipping boys.

decent crowds from Shams.

Give us the Jodi. You know you want to.

Pretty much, and at least we'll still get a few decent crowds from Shams, Shels, Pats etc. Money is what we need, even if it means being whipping boys.
    No real reason why you will have a worse squad than Monaghan or UCD. Mons look screwed for me after their exodus to Drogs and UCD will be doing no different to what you are doing, making a team out of hungry youngsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

So with this latest development in mind - which will Bohs play in next season? Premier or First|?

With 12 teams up there you'd have to suspect the Premier.

I won't be getting that season ticket they're plugging there until I know. :D

Give us the Jodi. You know you want to.
    Sure... for the right price ;)
    No real reason why you will have a worse squad than Monaghan or UCD. Mons look screwed for me after their exodus to Drogs and UCD will be doing no different to what you are doing, making a team out of hungry youngsters.
    True, wish we'd done it last season, would have easily finished ahead of Galway and gotten a seaosn of the youth together...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

overshoot wrote: »
    sorry should have said will they sign him? he will turn 36 next season, they might be cutting him loose
    I doubt it. He was still great for most of last year. He'll be offered a pay as you play deal. The ball is in his court after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Dean Kelly to Pats or Shels.

John Sullivan to Monaghan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Whatever we're doing, you should take note. 116 years and counting.

And who cares what happened along the way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Seems like the done thing these days. Run up a load of debts, walk away from them and set up a "new" club. I would love to see the FAI reject their application at least this will put an end to this crap as it's grossly unfair to other clubs.
    You have absolutely no idea what's going on. The people applying for the licence have been making sure players were paid for well over a year now, when the directors were just making promises left right and centre and paying nobody.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

There needs to be some deterrent to stop clubs from going this route.

This will NEVER EVER happen again in Galway with GUST running things.

If Leeson was brought in by the other directors to deliberately sabotage the club, I can't think what he could have done different to do a better job of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Big campaign growing in Kilkenny for the return of Kilkenny City for the 2013 season !!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

peabutler wrote: »
    Big campaign growing in Kilkenny for the return of Kilkenny City for the 2013 season !!!!!
    FC Carlow are in negotations to use Buckley Park in the 1st Division in 2012

oldyouth wrote: »
    FC Carlow are in negotations to use Buckley Park in the 1st Division in 2012
    How far is it from Carlow? That could be a recipe for disaster.

And who cares what happened along the way!
    All clubs have ups and downs. Getting through them is the key.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Very much this, no money owed to taxman or players, no chance of having breached 65%. The future looks relatively bright after last night. Fantastic work done getting Zurich onside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

peabutler wrote: »

Please let it happen :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭DvB

bohsman wrote: »
    The future looks relatively bright after last night. Fantastic work done getting Zurich onside.

Thats one way of looking at it.

To most i've spoken too it looks like a clear case of buying time (expensively)before the doo doo hits the fan when you take the 'spin' off it.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Kinda think it is funny how many people think Mons will be screwed this year just coz a few lads left.

Roddy is a great manager with access to great players. We are a club who have paid our players, we train in Dublin, our ground is only an hour and a half from the City so we are an attractive option for some good players.

I know Roddy has been working his socks off and has some players lined up for ages so I really would expect us to finish out of the bottom 3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Roderick is great!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Very much this, no money owed to taxman or players, no chance of having breached 65%. The future looks relatively bright after last night. Fantastic work done getting Zurich onside.
    But what happens when the deal with Zurich matures mid-season? I can't see how the club could possibly be awarded a license under such circumstances, unless the sale of Dalymount is agreed before the season begins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Witchie wrote: »
    Roddy is a great manager with access to great players. We are a club who have paid our players, we train in Dublin, our ground is only an hour and a half from the City so we are an attractive option for some good players.

I know Roddy has been working his socks off and has some players lined up for ages so I really would expect us to finish out of the bottom 3.
    In Rod we trust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

What happens if the sale of Dalymount doesn't cover the loan? Is that a case of "oh crap!"?

DvB wrote: »
    Thats one way of looking at it.

To most i've spoken too it looks like a clear case of buying time (expensively)before the doo doo hits the fan when you take the 'spin' off it.
    djpbarry wrote: »
    But what happens when the deal with Zurich matures mid-season? I can't see how the club could possibly be awarded a license under such circumstances, unless the sale of Dalymount is agreed before the season begins?

It is in Zurich interest to wait for the best possible deal before the sale goes through. Any deal that is made will ensure that Bohs do not leave Dalymount midseason. We have effectively given Zurich Dalymount. We now need to find a new home and clear all other debts, a major headache that threatened to kill the club this month has been removed so compared to yesterday the future is extremely bright.

iregk wrote: »
    What happens if the sale of Dalymount doesn't cover the loan? Is that a case of "oh crap!"?

Only for Zurich.

• Advertisement

Dismayed at the sang froid around losing Dalyer.

Look what hapopened to Rovers.

Dismayed at the sang froid around losing Dalyer.

Look what hapopened to Rovers.

Would love to stay in Dalymount but barring a miracle it's just not going to happen, survival of the club is more important. Finding some good NAMAised land at a cut down price is vital now.

Finding some good NAMAised land at a cut down price is vital now.

Only the start of it.

Assuming you want to bed into the Blanch/Ongar area (smart move), you'll have all the planning issues and the usual NIMBY battles to fight plus possibly the more sinister GAA territorial response.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Witchie wrote: »
    Kinda think it is funny how many people think Mons will be screwed this year just coz a few lads left.

Or...:P

the core of the team that has been at your recent rise has gone and some to a side who might be in direct competition in Drogheda. And who knows what replaces them with Roderick in charge. Hopefully not the Willo McDonaghs of this world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭DvB

. We have effectively given Zurich Dalymount. We now need to find a new home and clear all other debts, a major headache that threatened to kill the club this month has been removed so compared to yesterday the future is extremely bright.

An any port in a storm scenario so.
    Would be such a shame to see Dalyer go, i've some fantastic memories of the place. C'est la vie i suppose.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement