Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI rumours etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Sean O Connor signed for Pats.

Happy with that 7 goals in 10 games this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

signed

our team so far

KEEPERS
    Gary Rogers
    DEFENDERS
    Alan Keane
    Jason McGuinness
    Gavin Peers
    Colm McLoughlin(youth)

MIDFIELDERS
    Danny Ventre
    Aaron Greene
    Raffaele Cretaro
    Joseph Ndo
    Romauld Boco

FORWARDS
    Danny North
    Mark Quigley
    Mark McGoldrick(youth)
    Liam Martin (youth)
    Thought McLoughlin was a winger?

Not sure what to make of Rogers signing, obviously a decent keeper but Clarke's distribution and footballing ability were important to the way we played last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭manlad

Witchie wrote: »
    Pete, seriously relax. They were great first division players but we have already signed and will continue to sign quality from teams above Drogheda in the Premier Division. Gotta look forward not back.

If I was a drog I would be more worried about why Mick Cooke is insisting on buying almost half of the team that only finished 3rd in the first division. Yes they are quality players but there are better out there.

Roddy is on the case.

Witchie I'm very anxious to see what players we have signed so far, all I've heard is guys leaving. Not too worried if Fabio goes, was more annoyed about both the Brennans. Sava as well is replaceable.

The club is very poor with communication with two different websites on the go and one updated the odd time. If you do have any transfer rumours you dont want to post up here don't be afraid to PM me;)

Also any news on Roddy??? Will he stay or will he go

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Thought McLoughlin was a winger?

Not sure what to make of Rogers signing, obviously a decent keeper but Clarke's distribution and footballing ability were important to the way we played last year.

Imo whilst Rogers was being coacced by Brian O Shea, he was the best keeper in the league. In his 1st season he was fairly ropey, still prone to the odd mistake.

As said on our forum Rogers, Clarke, Doherty, Brush and on form Cherrie. There isnt a lot between them, all decent enough keepers.

Clarkes distribution is very good tho.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

If I was a drog I would be more worried about why Mick Cooke is insisting on buying almost half of the team that only finished 3rd in the first division. Yes they are quality players but there are better out there.

That stable side would've been enough to easily finish midtable in the Premier last season. The other alternative is the unknown, who knows how Roderick's choices will do when the chips are down..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

dreamers75 wrote: »
    As said on our forum Rogers, Clarke, Doherty, Brush and on form Cherrie. There isnt a lot between them, all decent enough keepers.

Clarkes distribution is very good tho.
    Yeah theres not a huge amount between any of them and all of them will have areas they're better than the others.

Clarke's is his footballing ability, hes always happy to take a backpass and generally picks the right option to get on the attack again. This suited us very well in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Jaysus this is bad. I'm off work sick and I'm filling up my time waiting for Dundalk and Shams to announce who they've hired as managers.
    Head wrecked. I need to get a life.

born2bwild wrote: »
    Jaysus this is bad. I'm off work sick and I'm filling up my time waiting for Dundalk and Shams to announce who they've hired as managers.

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/football-specials/manager-specials/Next-Permanent-Shamrock-Rovers-Manager-3286088.html?force_racing_css=N

Rovers one anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

signed

our team so far

KEEPERS
    Gary Rogers
    DEFENDERS
    Alan Keane
    Jason McGuinness
    Gavin Peers
    Colm McLoughlin(youth)

MIDFIELDERS
    Danny Ventre
    Aaron Greene
    Raffaele Cretaro
    Joseph Ndo
    Romauld Boco

FORWARDS
    Danny North
    Mark Quigley
    Mark McGoldrick(youth)
    Liam Martin (youth)

Gonna be tough playing against a team with a 4-5-4 formation. :D

• Advertisement

born2bwild wrote: »

Rochey has apparently said an appointment won't be before Christmas, so you might be waiting a while:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

manlad wrote: »
    Witchie I'm very anxious to see what players we have signed so far, all I've heard is guys leaving. Not too worried if Fabio goes, was more annoyed about both the Brennans. Sava as well is replaceable.

The club is very poor with communication with two different websites on the go and one updated the odd time. If you do have any transfer rumours you dont want to post up here don't be afraid to PM me;)

Hi manlad. We have a policy of not really saying much on signings until they are registered which is in Feb but we have signed goalkeepers Chris Bennion (st Pats) and Michael schlingerman (Athlone) and also Robert Bayly from pats.

A big list of the lads who are staying is also on www.monaghanunited.tv which is the only official site, the other is defunct.
    dfx- wrote: »
    That stable side would've been enough to easily finish midtable in the Premier last season. The other alternative is the unknown, who knows how Roderick's choices will do when the chips are down..

Well with 9 of last years lads signed up again it won't be that much change.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

also Robert Bayly from pats.
    He was with us (Bohs) last season. Fairly muck as well, especially towards the end. Regularly outperformed by some of our youngsters.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Rochey has apparently said an appointment won't be before Christmas, so you might be waiting a while:pac:

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2011/1219/turnerc_shamrockrovers.html

Strange your signing players up or are they entitled to new contracts for apps etc:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

He was with us (Bohs) last season. Fairly muck as well, especially towards the end. Regularly outperformed by some of our youngsters.

Also very much sacked for his behaviour in one of the games towards the end of the year. Awful attitude and gave nothing on the pitch last season.

Sorry meant Bohs.

• Advertisement

Some amount of bread going down on Kenny though.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Some amount of bread going down on Kenny though.

Only takes a tenner in these things and odds change.

Specialy if the tenner is in a Derry PP :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2011/1219/turnerc_shamrockrovers.html

Strange your signing players up or are they entitled to new contracts for apps etc:

Why is it strange all the players that have signed are current players not new ones.

Only takes a tenner in these things and odds change.

Specialy if the tenner is in a Derry PP :pac:

PPs in Dublin taking tons on Kenny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

paulcorr wrote: »
    Why is it strange all the players that have signed are current players not new ones.
    because the manager usually decides who he wants in his squad, not the board...

• Advertisement

paulcorr wrote: »
    because the manager usually decides who he wants in his squad, not the board...

What he said, speaking of which has Cook signed on ?

Some rovers players have a clause that says they entitled to a contract(apps etc), dunno if this is the case with the ones that signed hence asking :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Some rovers players have a clause that says they entitled to a contract(apps etc),

Rice and O'Neill iirc.

stovelid wrote: »
    Rice and O'Neill iirc.

Not turner?

i reckon Rovers knew 100% who they wanted weeks ago.

Was kinda hoping the new guy would dump Rice :pac:

Monaghan sign up twelve to 2012 squad
    By Andrew Cunneen
    Published: December 20, 2011
    Comments1 comments

Roddy Collins has signed in bulk just in time to grant Mons supporters a festive treat over the holiday period. Twelve players have put pen to paper on deals with Monaghan United for their forthcoming Premier Division campaign.

Three new players will apply their trade in Gortakeegan next year. Ex-Shamrock Rovers and Bohemians midfield star Robert Bayly joins alongside Chris Bennion and Michael Schlingermann who will compete for the number one jersey following the exit of the highly talented Gabriel Sava to Drogheda United.

Bayly, who plays in the centre of midfield won the Premier Division title with Shamrock Rovers in 2010 before crossing enemy lines and signing for the red and black of Bohemians last season. The ex Hoop made twenty-one league appearances last year, and will no doubt a fine capture for Collins.

Chris Bennion started 2010 as an understudy to Schlingermann at Athlone Town before being swiped by Pete Mahon for St. Patrick's Athletic half way through the year. Both will look to establish themselves as first choice for Mons during the pre-season.

Collins has been quite unlucky thus far in the transfer window, losing prized possessions Gabriel Sava, Shane Grimes and the two Brennans all to former Mons boss Mick Cooke but the former Carlisle boss wasted no time in establishing a base for his squad next year by re-signing Jordan Keegan, Keith Quinn, Eric Foley and John Reilly to bolster his midfield. Willo McDonagh, Paul Whelan, Aidan Collins Conor McMahon and Alan Byrne have also agreed to continue their reign at the club for 2012.

Extratime will keep you up to date as Monaghan United continue their preparations for their Premier Division campaign.

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/7183/monaghan-sign-up-twelve-to-2012-squad/

He forgot that Fabio has also signed for Drogs and none of them are that prized.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Rice and O'Neill iirc.

Rice has one year left on his contract IIRC. He was handed the longest contract since the take over which was 3 years, pretty sure that was 2 years ago.

The board are holding on to their assets. We signed our other big european goal scorer today in O'Donnell.

If MO'N gets the NI job, he'll call up turner and then offers will come in. Im sad it wasnt a 2-3 year contract. In short, any manager that would not want SOD or Turner in their squad must be crazy.

Sligo's squad so far is looking...expensive. I assume thats the big boys out of the way and the rest of the squad will be made up of cheaper younger players.

Ebbs wrote: »
    Rice has one year left on his contract IIRC. He was handed the longest contract since the take over which was 3 years, pretty sure that was 2 years ago.

The board are holding on to their assets. We signed our other big european goal scorer today in O'Donnell.

If MO'N gets the NI job, he'll call up turner and then offers will come in. Im sad it wasnt a 2-3 year contract. In short, any manager that would not want SOD or Turner in their squad must be crazy.

Sligo's squad so far is looking...expensive. I assume thats the big boys out of the way and the rest of the squad will be made up of cheaper younger players.

Turner is a filthy animal and not very good. O Donnell......lol forgot he played for you with the other "asset" your board/Ex CM signed Finn.

I dont think its a good idea to sign players on these type of contracts, Rice fair enough but he only got his game due to injuries and Turners suspensions.

The new manager may not like these players and yet is forced to have them on decent contracts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Sean Dillon tweeted James Chambers saying "didn't realise a move to Shels was on the cards! #greatclub"!.

John Sullivan tweeted that Chambers was talking with Mathews, and Chambers tweeted 9 hours ago "Decisions, decisions, decisions".

Now hopefully he signs! Say it will be either us or Pats he goes to, he's returning home to be in Dublin, can't see him going back to Shams and can't see him going to Bohs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

[/QUOTE]

he said on newstalk he had a few offers but he was happy where he was but we've heard him say that before;)

was talking to a ucd player earlier who reckons martin russell was spoken to by rovers probably just ****e talk though.......

Was chatting to Roddy on Sunday and he is going nowhere. He is very happy to stay. That could change later in the season but for now he is our Rod and saviour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Was chatting to Roddy on Sunday and he is going nowhere. He is very happy to stay. That could change later in the season but for now he is our Rod and saviour.

:D

You're doing it on purpose now!

Chambers back to Shels?

Hopefully Matthews uses him properly.

Des, I am looking for a job in North Korea so just getting used to praising! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I can't wait to see the wailing on the streets of Monaghan when Roderick shafts you lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Des wrote: »
    I can't wait to see the wailing on the streets of Monaghan when Roderick shafts you lot.

Shafted by a Rod............Ouch!

Turner is a filthy animal and not very good. O Donnell......lol forgot he played for you with the other "asset" your board/Ex CM signed Finn.

I dont think its a good idea to sign players on these type of contracts, Rice fair enough but he only got his game due to injuries and Turners suspensions.

The new manager may not like these players and yet is forced to have them on decent contracts.

Keep fishing :) No hoop will talk out of school on here. Heard some interesting names already.

Turner is a good player and I am delighted to have him back. SOD needs to show it next year must be said but he did struggle with injuries last season.

PL fixtures out tomorrow apparently

Keep fishing :) No hoop will talk out of school on here. Heard some interesting names already.

Lol dont you have to be in the school to talk out of it :pac:

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2011/1221/shamrockrovers.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

PL fixtures out tomorrow apparently
    anyone know when the first division fixtures are out?..... or even the list of teams?

Sean Dillon tweeted James Chambers saying "didn't realise a move to Shels was on the cards! #greatclub"!.

John Sullivan tweeted that Chambers was talking with Mathews, and Chambers tweeted 9 hours ago "Decisions, decisions, decisions".

Now hopefully he signs! Say it will be either us or Pats he goes to, he's returning home to be in Dublin, can't see him going back to Shams and can't see him going to Bohs.

Pity he's such a lazy bastard about his fitness. Seemed to run out of steam far too much. He's a sweet player and great with a dead ball. Think he got 7 or 8 goals for us last season he played. I doubt he'll ever reach his full potential though. That said, I'm basing this on his time with us but he must not have set Scotland alight either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

overshoot wrote: »
    anyone know when the first division fixtures are out?..... or even the list of teams?
    Word is it won't be until Feb, given the numebr of new clubs who have submitted applications for a Licence. 'Tis LOI after all.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

overshoot wrote: »

February 12th

Yeah 12th Feb
    The fixtures will apply to the Premier Division only, as the Airtricity League has received applications from prospective new clubs to gain entry to the First Division. Due to the licensing process involved for prospective new clubs, the First Division fixtures will be published when the licensing process is complete on February 12, 2012.
    All fixtures, both Premier and First Division will be subject to the final decisions of the FAI Licensing Committee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

cheers lads, just wondering. if its febuary though they better get it right the first time unlike last year;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

I heard that Cobh were already given the nod about month or 2 ago to return to D1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Pity he's such a lazy bastard about his fitness. Seemed to run out of steam far too much. He's a sweet player and great with a dead ball. Think he got 7 or 8 goals for us last season he played. I doubt he'll ever reach his full potential though. That said, I'm basing this on his time with us but he must not have set Scotland alight either.
    I was under the impression that he's featured fairly regularly for Hamilton since he signed - he obviously just felt he's better off in the PL in Ireland rather than the Scottish 1st. Thought it was a strange move at the time - Hamilton is hardly a step up from Rovers.

• Advertisement

Turner is a good player and I am delighted to have him back. SOD needs to show it next year must be said but he did struggle with injuries last season.

Both of them need to be more consistent on last year, never knew what you were to get from Turner - when he was good he was very very good, if he hid, he was very bad.

never knew what you were to get from Turner - when he was good he was very very good, if he hid, he was very bad.

True. On balance though, he is worth a new contract imo.

He might be able to brush up his peace making skills this season. :pac:

McCormack for me is the midfielder I'd love to get signed soon.

.................Clarke
    Pat Flynn, Ger O Brien, XXX, Kenny Browne
    Sean Connor, Greg Bolger, XXX, Jake Carroll
    Ian Daly, XXX

Evan Mc, Price to sign.

Not a great team unless our better players from last season sign back. And a decent striker.

Price to sign.

Aido?

Some Rovers reunion in that back four. :pac:

Aido?

Some Rovers reunion in that back four. :pac:

Yeah Emac prolly wont sign :(

Kenny to bring Zayed to Rovers, pats fans and his sister gonna love that :D

• Advertisement