Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI rumours etc

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

We've signed Neil Harney it seems, formerly of Pats.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

BOHtox wrote: »
    Bohs have 150K. Divide that over 40 weeks and we're working with 3800 a week.

Careful posting that sort of fact around the internet, you probably heard it at an AGM/Club fans meeting or some madness like it :eek:

Harney and Stewart signed for our feeder club :pac: Liked both of them but never got enough game time with us to make an impression.

Stewart is possibly the fastest player i have ever seen.....ever. Hes quite famous almost 2 million hits on youtube :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Bohs have 150K. Divide that over 40 weeks and we're working with 3800 a week.

Seriiously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

We've signed Neil Harney it seems

Misread that there for a split second. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Fun Stuff :)

http://breakingnews.ie/sport/soccer/city-captain-quits-leeside-over-laughable-contract-535338.html#ixzz1j4Q1XYlp
    City captain quits Leeside over 'laughable' contract

Greg O’Halloran, the man who led Cork City to promotion to the Premier Division as champions, has quit the club, according the The Evening Echo.

The Crosshaven man , has turned down a new contract after failing to agree terms.

O'Halloran said: “We have gone our separate ways because I was unable to agree terms with the cub.

“To be honest, the terms were laughable and for a player who played over 60 games for the club, it’s a big disappointment.

“It’s a disgrace what I was offered having captained the team to promotion, but I know from experience that you never know what’s around the corner in this game,” said O’Halloran.

“I was offered a near 80% reduction in wages and, in a recession like this, that was just not feasible for me.

“I wish the club the best of luck for the season ahead but they will be doing it without me,” said O’Halloran, on the eve of the squad return to pre-season training.

City boss Tommy Dunne said he wished to thank Greg for his contribution over the last two years and wished him well on the business front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Should I wait for someone else to make it up or should I just make it up now?

Rumour has it that Greg is coming to Rovers and we're sending Big Dan back down to City. A friend of a friend's dog seen O'Halloran with a briefcase full of cash outside Tallaght.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

doncarlos wrote: »
    We have signed;
    Chris Shields - Bray
    Shane O'Neill - Bray
    Gary Shanahan - Newcastle West
    Re-signed
    Marc Griffin
    Stephen O'Donnell
    Nathan Murphy
    Heavily linked with
    John Mountney - Mervue
    Ger Hanley - Mervue
    John Dunleavy - Wolves

We're also rumoured to be interested in signing Jake Kelly, Ian Birmingham, Killian Brennan and re-signing Hawkins, Cherrie and Madden

Supposedly Hanley, Bermingham and Brennan are signed. Also heard John Dunleavey (Barnet) and Jimmy Keohane (Exeter) rumours to yous.

Hawkins seems to be going to Shams. Cherrie deciding between Shels and yourselves afaik.
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    Adding up to exactly our budget, i just wondered how you outbid us on certain players when you have a smaller budget.

We will have 18 players on 300 a week, our budget may increase if we get additional sponsorship from a certain investment company. But our 5500 is based on current sponsor and ticket sales and Euro monies.

Whats yours based on :pac:

You know our budget? You definitely must be on our Board, our budget won't be announced to anyone outside the Board/Matthews till our Fans' Forum.

€300 a week? Suppose with a name like Dreamers...!

Didn't yous make a loss on being in Europe last season?:confused:
    stovelid wrote: »
    Some value getting lads like this, Baz and Ger O'Brien all on 300 quid a week.

Don't forget Chambers, Fagan, Flynn and Kenny Browne (12 month decent wage contract at Waterford for €300 at Pats :confused:)
    Ebbs wrote: »

Rumour has it that Greg is coming to Rovers and we're sending Big Dan back down to City. A friend of a friend's dog seen O'Halloran with a briefcase full of cash outside Tallaght.

Greg having played under Kenny it would make some sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

SantryRed wrote: »
    Seriiously?

That includes coaching staff apparently. We wont be competing with anyone for players looking for 300 a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

Hawkins seems to be going to Shams. Cherrie deciding between Shels and yourselves

any other keepers linked, hopefully get someone to replace delaney, not a fan at all!

We've signed Neil Harney it seems, formerly of Pats.
    Sean Stewert now as well

Any Pats fans have an opinion on these?

• Advertisement

Sean Stewert now as well

Any Pats fans have an opinion on these?

Harney solid young full back, played CB a few times. Decent player would have liked to have kept him.

Stewart is really really fast, some decent coaching and he could be a star in the making. Aaron O C knows what he is signing here, 2 decent young players but it could go either way with them. Would have liked to have kept him too.

Bray confirm a few signings
    Bray Wanderers confirmed today that the following players have agreed terms and will be a part of Pat Devlin’s squad for 2012 Premier Division campaign.

Darren Quigley, Brian Kane, Daire Doyle, Colm Tresson, Kieran Marty Waters, Shane O Connor, Dean Zambra, Graham Kelly, Stephen Brennan, David Webster, Conor Butler, John Mulroy, and Pierce Sweeney have all committed to the club for the new season.

With thirteen players signed, Wanderers are expected to add to their squad in the coming weeks. Prior to these signings, Bray had looked a depleted side, having lost three key players to both lower divisions and newly promoted sides as well as two key players to fellow Premier Division side Dundalk.

Gary Dempsey agreed to sign for Waterford United last month, while Gary Shaw and Conor Murphy have put pen to paper on deals with Longford Town and Monaghan United respectively. The Lillywhites managed to capture the signatures of Chris Shields and Shane O’Neill to even worsen the Wicklow side’s situation.

Wanderers fans will hope that these bulk signings are the base for a successful campaign in the coming season.

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/7246/

any other keepers linked, hopefully get someone to replace delaney, not a fan at all!

Deano, Cherrie and one other which I can't say. Possibly 5 keepers have rejected Shels over other clubs! :mad:

Just been told a Mr. Dave Rogers and a Mr. Bobby Ryan will be lining out for Bohs tonight against the PFAI team!:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Any know who'll be on the PFAI team?

Any know who'll be on the PFAI team?

I know two going over to the match so hopefully we'll have team news.

I might head myself, try and remember as much as I can!

Bohs 1 up.

Bobby Ryan playing for PFAI team and my mate doesn't see Rogers.

Bohs 1 up.

Bobby Ryan playing for PFAI team and my mate doesn't see Rogers.

Bit more info:

Paul Murphy in goal my mate thinks (ex-Dundalk), Conor Powell, Gareth Whelan, Simon Madden, Derek Doyle, Keith Ward, Alan Kirby. Mate doesn't know who one of the defenders is or the two strikers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Darren Quigley
    Brian Kane
    Daire Doyle
    Colm Tresson
    Kieran Marty Waters
    Shane O Connor
    Dean Zambra
    Graham Kelly
    Stephen Brennan
    David Webster
    Conor Butler
    John Mulroy
    Pierce Sweeney
    Thats the Bray squad(and probably more) for the coming season. Big change from last season it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭drumlover22

https://twitter.com/#!/TheOnlyMUFC
    First tweet on that has a pic of the team sheet for the PFAI tonight

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Ebbs wrote: »

The conspiracist would say it's convenient for the club captain position to be vacant and needing to be filled. I wonder who Cork would pick given the choice to fill the position with the wages saved from the ex-captain :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

know the bohs team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Shamrock Rovers have completed the signings of three more members of the club’s 2011 squad.

Sean Gannon, Dean Kelly and Conor McCormack have all signed new deals with the Hoops for the up-coming season.

Gannon (20) and Kelly (26) have penned one year deals, while McCormack (21) has signed for a further two years.

Gannon was drafted into the first team squad during the 2011 season having been part of the club’s Under 20s side, while Kelly and McCormack both signed for the club at the start of last season.

Particularly happy about McCormack.

I wonder who Shaun O'Donnell is?

• Advertisement

It's either 3-0 or 3-2, got texts off two different people at the match just there, so one of them is drunk or just can't type.

EDIT: It's 3-2, Paul Byrne with one of the PFAI goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Still no statement from either the FAI or GUST. No news is good news at the moment as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Thomas Hyland playing twice for the PFAI team?

It's either 3-0 or 3-2, got texts off two different people at the match just there, so one of them is drunk or just can't type.

EDIT: It's 3-2, Paul Byrne with one of the PFAI goals.
    I was with him, we missed the start of both halves in the bar and somehow missed 2 goals :p

Poor enough from the PFAI team, looked badly out of shape.

What score did it finish?

Someone mentioned Matt Holland played right wing for Bohs? Cant be right?

• Advertisement

4-3 Bohs in the end as far as I can tell
    Someone mentioned Matt Holland played right wing for Bohs? Cant be right?

What? The Bohs team was posted a bit back, no Matt Holland...

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Leejo

4-3 Bohs in the end as far as I can tell

What? The Bohs team was posted a bit back, no Matt Holland...

Only 'cos he's too old for that under 19's team though.

Worrying to see Danny Joyce on that team sheet, he was on loan last year from Reading, came on as a sub a few times and was very unimpressive then on his first start got sent off for a leg breaking tackle in the first 5 minutes against Sligo. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

johnoc signed for bohs!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

EdenHazard wrote: »
    johnoc signed for bohs!!

who?

johnoc signed for bohs!!

So they feed us their pros and we feed them our under 19s :confused: mahon spent ages getting these lads in :(

Hes a good player.

I was with him, we missed the start of both halves in the bar and somehow missed 2 goals :p

So he was saying! :D

Plenty of information to come out of tonights match on the Shels forums. :D

Looks like it's not just a two horse race between Shels and Dundalk for Cherrie, he's meeting Stephen Kenny in the morning.

Two well respected and known Shels fans were sitting next to Martin Russell who was on the phone with Paul Corry saying Buckley is getting above himself looking to offer only 2 grand for Corry. Russell then phoned another within the College setup to say not to do any deal unless they agreed to 6 grand. Oh Dreamers?.........:D

Oh Dreamers?.........:D

So overheard phone calls??? Old School :p

UCD want 15 grand and Sligo only ones who will pay it.

Read our forum its all on it. This has Conor Kenna/Drogs written all over it. * and so it begins :)

who?

Centre back we signed him from Crumlin after we beat them in FAI cup (literally the next day). Very good prospect so thats 6-3 to us and think you got the better long term value so far. If fcuking Lanigan goes next thats our 4 "expected" under 19s that would make the 1st team.

Nah man, thats matt holland, johns striker blonde hair, scored 2 goals tonight for bohs

Centre back we signed him from Crumlin after we beat them in FAI cup (literally the next day). Very good prospect so thats 6-3 to us and think you got the better long term value so far. If fcuking Lanigan goes next thats our 4 "expected" under 19s that would make the 1st team.
    He came on a half time today, looks like he's more attacking then a centre back? Scored both of our goals in the 2nd half, both lovely finishes.

https://twitter.com/#!/john26oc

• Advertisement

So overheard phone calls??? Old School :p

UCD want 15 grand and Sligo only ones who will pay it.

Read our forum its all on it. This has Conor Kenna/Drogs written all over it. * and so it begins :)

So if Corry signs for yous you'll be revealing the compenstation cost?

And I'd go back to whoever is feeding you the bullsh*t of €300 a week per people, someone is literally feeding you pure cow manure! Any idea who Buckleys backed is?

Nah man, thats matt holland, johns striker blonde hair, scored 2 goals tonight for bohs

Makes sense now someone at the game thought he was Matt Holland.

Holland CB

O Connor CF another decent prospect, he signed for us after we played Crumlin in fai cup :P
    So if Corry signs for yous you'll be revealing the compenstation cost?

And I'd go back to whoever is feeding you the bullsh*t of €300 a week per people, someone is literally feeding you pure cow manure! Any idea who Buckleys backed is?

Reread the thread i posted who it was day after he was announced.

Also reread and understand "we have changed our method of payment to be more inline with the rest of the league".

If Corry signs 100% we will know what he cost, Buckley really really wants him tho. Do we have one of those tribunal things over here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Just skimmed over this so sorry if someone's confirmed this already, but Rogers was there tonight - not playing, though. He was coaching the PFAI 'keepers

2 lovely goals, btw. Feckin' freezin', though

Also reread and understand "we have changed our method of payment to be more inline with the rest of the league".

Bonus based contracts?

Somewhat similar, I was down the other end of the ground so hard to judge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

UCD want 15 grand and Sligo only ones who will pay

Sure that's awful stingy. Would they not just round it off to 20 for the love of Jaysus.

stovelid wrote: »
    Sure that's awful stingy. Would they not just round it off to 20 for the love of Jaysus.

Tbh him/McCormack.

Difficult to tell them apart, for them hes the difference and far better upgrade on Ryan. Corry actually passes.......forward!!!!!!

Sorry in advance :D
    Richard Brush is giving up football to become an undertaker apparently
    His football career's dead now.
    Dont be having a dig at him
    i think he's making a grave error
    Can't believe he put in all that spade work only to bury his career like that.
    Im sure he can exhume his career later in life.
    I doubt it, he really has made an ash of this one. He's cremated any chance of being resurrected into a top side. It's not as if he can just reincarnate his talents after a few years out. He'll be so static.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Cadaver good career ahead of him in that field.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement