Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI rumours etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Ebbs wrote: »
    Trevor?

He must need a walking stick by now.

Doing very well there.

Hes 34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Hate him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Trevor?

He must need a walking stick by now.

He is now fat and bald apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Mad. Would have thought he was older.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

He was around with that underage team of Duff & Keane.

Another one of those Dub players that played with all the big 4 clubs.

• Advertisement

He was around with that underage team of Duff & Keane.

Speaking off...... we sold him for 50k to Bohs and got a young striker by the name of Jamie Harris off them as part of the deal. He played quite well for Glebe North last night vs Pats.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Speaking off...... we sold him for 50k to Bohs and got a young striker by the name of Jamie Harris off them as part of the deal. He played quite well for Glebe North last night vs Pats.

You only got that young striker Harris because youse didn't want the other ginger striker we were trying to offload instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Indeed, we have 18 players and Shels have 23 or so and signing more and we the ones with issues.

O Flynn misses more games than he plays.

23? Are you locked? We have 14 officially announced who've signed, 4 others who've signed but not announced and a few training with us. Bare in mind half of our officially announced players are on pittance, few on average wage and then a handful taking up the bulk of the budget.

Our squad is smaller than last season iirc, and last year we kept to our 5,000-5,500 budget afaik. Only players who'd be on more this season that last season would be Hughes, Conan Byrne and Dawson as their deals had to be bettered as Pats offered them 3 contracts. Bur sure they're only on €301 each, just enough to outbid Pats. :rolleyes:

Btw on Kelly i was shocked that only us and Bray offered him anything we only contacted him last week.

...and Derry.
    backspacer wrote: »
    It's 19,000 for league affiliation last season, the bottom placed team got 5,000 in prize money as opposed to the 40,000 the previous season.

When did it increase from €15,000? :eek:

23? Are you locked? We have 14 officially announced who've signed, 4 others who've signed but not announced and a few training with us. Bare in mind half of our officially announced players are on pittance, few on average wage and then a handful taking up the bulk of the budget.

Our squad is smaller than last season iirc, and last year we kept to our 5,000-5,500 budget afaik. Only players who'd be on more this season that last season would be Hughes, Conan Byrne and Dawson as their deals had to be bettered as Pats offered them 3 contracts. Bur sure they're only on €301 each, just enough to outbid Pats. :rolleyes:

...and Derry.

When did it increase from €15,000? :eek:

I only counted the names you posted :pac:

I only counted the names you posted :pac:

You can't count, I posted 22. :P

Ryan Markey signed for the under 19's so won't be on a wage.
    Paul Byrne and Stephen Hurley won't be on much.
    Seems Philly Gorman won't be signing and is just training with us, if he does sign it will be on a pay as you play contract I'd say.
    Whoever our sub keeper is they'll will be on very little.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Bohs v Bluebell 1-1.
    Bohs v Longford Town 0-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

stovelid wrote: »
    We signed another full-back, Kerrea Gilbert.

Couldn't get a visa to play MLS for Portland last season but they were very keen to have him on board so if he's still at that level he'll be a strong signing for Rovers.

Bohs v Bluebell 1-1.
    Bohs v Longford Town 0-2

Two matches in one night? Some side Bohs have. Someone posted on Foot it was Bohs 1-2 Longford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Two matches in one night? Some side Bohs have. Someone posted on Foot it was Bohs 1-2 Longford.

Longford was the first team, Bluebell was the younger lads and only one or two first teamers.

Yea, seems to be 24 or so in the squad along with a few trialists tonight, very few getting paid more than expenses though and would say plenty will still play most of their matches for the u19s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Foot is right. My information was received with ten mins remaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

... and Athlone :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Ricketts goal against Derry.

If we had lost the game, the league would have been in Derrys hands if they won their remaining games iirc

Are Ricketts and Paterson staying on for this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Both Ricketts and Patterson are gone. Brief but successful stints ya could argue, including a Europa League run... I especially liked the look of Jim Patterson. I think Rovers will be fine though, few good signings made

Paterson signed for someone in england.

• Advertisement

Peterson signed for one of the teams in Bristol, unfortunately imo. He would have stayed with us but wasn't offered a contract.

Ricketts gone too. Don't think he has a club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Paterson signed for someone in england.

Bristol Rovers.

Ricketts will probably end up in Azerbaijan or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

dsmythy wrote: »
    Ricketts will probably end up in Azerbaijan or something.

Could be worse, could be Monaghan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ricketts gone too. Don't think he has a club.

Heard he turned down some club in Asia even though he'd have been earning ten times as much as their current highest paid player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

cost of running sligo rovers was 750k last year. some well broken down figures here. Vincent Nally will also be a loss to them as he steps down as treasurer. did a great job by the sounds of things.

and on Finn Harps, we have added Darragh Healy from sligo to bring the panel to 15; Ciaran Gallagher, Aaron O'Hagan, Ciaran Coll, James Doherty, Keith Cowan, Ciaran Green, Adam Clarke, Hugh Carlin, Barry O'Mahoney, Stephen O'Donnell,Tommy Bonner, Chris Breen, Blain Curtis, Kevin McHugh.

Next preseason friendly is Derry on tuesday, so far we have lost 1-0 away to limevady and had one called of with a waterlogged pitch

overshoot wrote: »
    cost of running sligo rovers was 750k last year. some well broken down figures here. Vincent Nally will also be a loss to them as he steps down as treasurer. did a great job by the sounds of things.

That is WAY too low. I'd say it would be well over a million, sure Dundalk turn over a million each year and our wage budget is much lower.

*edit* "Mr. Nally told the meeting the club had a turnover of €1291613 in 2011 and returned a profit for the year before tax of €59,962."

If it only costs €750k to run where is the other €481,651 being spent?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Free/€5 for the game on Saturday v Mervue..that little break since December has flown by..

That leaves..Harps and Salthill not to visit Tallaght in any guise I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Wages was 760k. A bit low in my opinion, especially the first team wage budget but whatever we'll take it for fact. The other 481k is used on 20k for the ground, 120k to meet uefa regs (Gantry and such), 12k (IIRC) registation fees, youth team expenditure (To stay under the SPC clubs will add wages of academy etc staff to youth rather than push up wages), electricity etc signings and other debts I would assume was the other 250k along with interest and other tax/council charges payable.

62% is just under the SPC. Bar the usual concerns over books prepared incorrectly, Id assume they theres paints a picture of success.

The other 481k is used on 20k for the ground, 120k to meet uefa regs (Gantry and such), 12k (IIRC) registation fees, youth team expenditure (To stay under the SPC clubs will add wages of academy etc staff to youth rather than push up wages), electricity etc signings and other debts I would assume was the other 250k along with interest and other tax/council charges payable.

All of those are costs that are needed to be spent to keep the football club going so it costs a lot more than the 750k reported. I'd say this was an issue with the paper itself rather than what Sligo Rovers are saying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

CCFC swoop Shane O Connor from Ipswich

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2012/0202/cork.html

"Buy"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Out of contract AFAIK

In his interview he says he is using City as a stepping stone to get back into English football. If he does the business on the pitch its a win-win situation for both parties.

We look to have a strong 1st 11 now, if a bit light up top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Out of contract AFAIK

In his interview he says he is using City as a stepping stone to get back into English football. If he does the business on the pitch its a win-win situation for both parties.

need to buy a striker before the start of season of some decent quality and I be fairly confident of pushing top 4 then.

Same as us Rovers and Shels, Sligo on the other hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

doncarlos wrote: »
    All of those are costs that are needed to be spent to keep the football club going so it costs a lot more than the 750k reported. I'd say this was an issue with the paper itself rather than what Sligo Rovers are saying
    yea think the paper says its 750k just on players wages, sure it says 1.2million turnover and a 60k pre tax profit... im sure a sligo man will be around soon who knows more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DULLAHAN2

overshoot wrote: »
    yea think the paper says its 750k just on players wages, sure it says 1.2million turnover and a 60k pre tax profit... im sure a sligo man will be around soon who knows more

Paper reports
    Players Salary's when all ER prsi costs added was 577,951 euros. Managers and coach staff Salary including ER PRSI was 122,015 euro. Rental Accomadation for players 26,164 euro. Medical costs 31,913 euro. Total cost of running team for 2011 was 758,043 euro. Total Salary costs for other employees including ER Prsi was 107,008 total on wages for 2011 was 806,974

Don't think we are light up front?

And according to himself we have eleventy billion players being paid hundreds of grand a week.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

You're all obsessed with each others' finances. Take care of your own business.

Kelly Kavanagh and Twigg? Did someone else sign or did i miss someone?
    Dessie wrote:
    And according to himself we have eleventy billion players being paid hundreds of grand a week.

No just paid more than ours :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Kilduff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

We've a strong first 11 and good cover in some areas. We've only two forwards and two centre backs, though Raf could go up front if we're badly stuck.

dfx- wrote: »
    Kilduff

GO'N too.

I think this year will be a lot closer than last year.

Sligo have improved, Cork are just as good as Derry last year, Pats and Shels should be aiming for top 3/4. It seems Rovers and Derry have dis improved last year along with losing quality managers, and the potential of SK not settling down. Shep was far better than Kavenagh, Enda better than Powell and Sully was a top performer last season.

Opening day is too far away still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

paul cook will be managing accrington stanley from tomorrow

who are they?

Forgot about Gon and Kilduff.

We dont have a striker :( Gis one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

dfx- wrote: »
    Free/€5 for the game on Saturday v Mervue..that little break since December has flown by..

That leaves..Harps and Salthill not to visit Tallaght in any guise I think

What time is the match at?

What time is the match at?

5pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Sligored wrote: »
    paul cook will be managing accrington stanley from tomorrow
    Hes turned down better moves than that already. I'll believe it when I see it personally.

He better not **** off with that new car ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

His family are much closer to him in Accrington than they would have been in Scotland.

I don't care if he goes at this stage, thanks for all you did, Paul. But I'm getting tired of the speculation every month about him leaving.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement