Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI rumours etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    His family are much closer to him in Accrington than they would have been in Scotland.
    Terrible idea career wise though. They're already over performing. All he can do is fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Bookies apparently slashing odds on him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Be mad if he left.

Be madder if he left and Foster took over!

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Be mad if he left.

Don't even want to think about that.

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Don't even want to think about that.

I do North left us for bigger etc: He a very good footballer should be playing at a much higher level. BUT he one of the bonusgate 3 and the abuse he is going to get from Pats fans wont be nice, im just glad he white.

Still take him back :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Alan Murphy to Mervue. Should be a key player for them next year.

I do North left us for bigger etc: He a very good footballer should be playing at a much higher level. BUT he one of the bonusgate 3 and the abuse he is going to get from Pats fans wont be nice, im just glad he white.

Still take him back :pac:
    Ya fookin racist!

Ya fookin racist!

But i iz black....i cant be racist!

What are you smoking tonight Dreamers?!

• Advertisement

What are you smoking tonight Dreamers?!

It was a joke you didnt get( ali G) :o

It was a joke you didnt get( ali G) :o
    I got the reference. My question still stands. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Be mad if he left.

Looks like this will happen. Strange strange choice.

doncarlos wrote: »

What choice do they have if Cook goes? Pre-season nearly here. I know there's no loyalty in football but pretty poor of Cook to jump now if he does.

stovelid wrote: »
    What choice do they have if Cook goes? Pre-season nearly here. I know there's no loyalty in football but pretty poor of Cook to jump now if he does.

Foster was being groomed for that roll. It probably happened 6 months earlier than expected though.

Foster was being groomed for that roll. It probably happened 6 months earlier than expected though.

His appointment did seem strange at the time. Should have guessed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

Foster will probably be going also - Gerry Carr will probably take over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Whats with these Cook(e)s jumping ship just before season begins. Mick from us last year and Paul this year. At least Paul's makes sense as he is moving home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Witchie wrote: »
    Whats with these Cook(e)s jumping ship just before season begins. Mick from us last year and Paul this year. At least Paul's makes sense as he is moving home.

And Micks didn't make sense because he was moving to a bigger club in a higher division? I love you bitter Monaghan fans!

And Micks didn't make sense because he was moving to a bigger club in a higher division? I love you bitter Monaghan fans!

But they do make exceedingly good hotdogs

Not bitterness, reality. When he left last year he left a team that were prime for promotion and had stability to move to a club who finished at wrong end of the premier with not a pot to pee in. Any sane person would have stayed and brought us up and pushed with us but not Mick.

Personally I think he did us a favour coz we have Roddy now so am far from bitter, was just shocked by the manner he left and who he left for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Yes, the fact that you have Roddy makes it a "favour". Until the inevitable happens.

Your tears Witchie, your salty tears, I will lick them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Witchie wrote: »
    Not bitterness, reality. When he left last year he left a team that were prime for promotion and had stability to move to a club who finished at wrong end of the premier with not a pot to pee in. Any sane person would have stayed and brought us up and pushed with us but not Mick.

Personally I think he did us a favour coz we have Roddy now so am far from bitter, was just shocked by the manner he left and who he left for.

Well I'm glad Mick is insane, and also that he had the ambition to manage in the Premier division (something which he had never done before) albeit a club who were not in the best of shapes at the time. Because hes done a smashing job. Now theres a nice vibe of optimism around the club for the first time in a long time. Healthy on and off the pitch, roll on March 2nd...

Does it? How so?

I would have though Foster ticked all the right boxes:

Hates Rovers

Shit teracksuits

Nasal scouse accent

Perennial runner-up

Des wrote: »
    Yes, the fact that you have Roddy makes it a "favour". Until the inevitable happens.

Your tears Witchie, your salty tears, I will lick them.

No matter what happens with us and him, he did something that Mick Cooke couldn't.

Monaghan United in the Premier Division 2012 thanks be to Rod.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Anyone else hear the rumour that all premier teams will be required to register squad numbers this year? Or has it been that way up here the last couple of seasons?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Don't think it was in place last season, fairly sure we played 1-11 the last few seasons. I did hear it would be brought in this season.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

dan1895 wrote: »
    Anyone else hear the rumour that all premier teams will be required to register squad numbers this year? Or has it been that way up here the last couple of seasons?

Dunno about rules but we have had them for the last few years.

Handy for me :p

Shane Supple to Rovers or Bohs.

Should be fun, money vs manager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Suppy to Bohs would be a nice suprise. He was always the best keeper around Blanch at underage level til he went across the water. I'd like to see him in nets for us. Was shocked to hear of his 'retirement' a while back. Hope everything is cool with him.

Who do Rovers have in goal for this season out of curiosty? Ryan Thompson stick around?

Shane Supple to Rovers or Bohs.

Should be fun, money vs manager.

He's not the committing type is he?

Would have thought he'd be doing alright with his 'expenses' for playing Gah.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Suppy to Bohs would be a nice suprise. He was always the best keeper around Blanch at underage level til he went across the water. I'd like to see him in nets for us. Was shocked to hear of his 'retirement' a while back. Hope everything is cool with him.

Who do Rovers have in goal for this season out of curiosty? Ryan Thompson stick around?

Noone at the moment, Ode Soderberg rumoured to be on loan from newcastle.

Kenny has a cracking goalie coach sorted, assume he has a cracking goalie lined up.

Thompson supposed to be signing for a club in Finland. Wanted to come back actually. Wuld have liked to see him back tbh.

Think Winn is on board and Devlin was on trial too.

I assume SK has other targets in mind, perhaps in England.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

stovelid wrote: »
    He's not the committing type is he?

Perhaps he'd pick one then change his mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Rovers fans, will there be much of a crowd at tomorrows game? And where would I be able to park close to (or in?) the ground, will have two youngsters with me. Thanks guys.

Previous pre-season games haven't had a huge crowd, only the main stand open and barely half full. The lower price (free for ST holders) and new manager might bump it up a bit, but I'd guess it'll be fairly empty.

The Woodies car park might be open which is literally across the road from the ground, the Square is a pay for parking, the estates around are safe enough too.

Rovers fans, will there be much of a crowd at tomorrows game? And where would I be able to park close to (or in?) the ground, will have two youngsters with me. Thanks guys.

The stadium car park is for members during the season so I assume it's the same tomorrow.

Parking in the Square will work out at no more than 2-3 quid and it's a short walk to the ground.

You can park in Watergate or Old Bawn (estates behind the stadium) and walk over in about 5-10 minutes too.

tall.jpg

There is a path through the park near the estates that brings you out onto the Whitestown Way or you can go over the footbridge and approach stadium by the path along the dual carriageway.

Not sure about crowd. You never know as it's free for season ticket holders.

Oh its free for season ticket holders and only 5 quid in.

made 900k last season and those prices only happen when you whinge about it?

So whats the 900k being spent on :D Kiltipper?, the squad? tallaght towns youths ?

tribunal in the making :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Accrington have supposedly made a formal approach for Cook.

'Twould be an absolutely bizarre move if he were to go for it - couldn't possibly be considered a step up.

And we've supposedly turned them down/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

djpbarry wrote: »
    Accrington have supposedly made a formal approach for Cook.

'Twould be an absolutely bizarre move if he were to go for it - couldn't possibly be considered a step up.

Hes English and used to play for them thou, probably a lifestyle thing with equal money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭overshoot

looks like he has asked to leave, is the will he wont he saga about to end?!
    sligo statement
    Sligo Rovers can confirm that Paul Cook has asked for permission to speak to Accrington Stanley over their vacant manager position with a view to his long-held desire to one day return to England to be closer to his family.
    Accrington have been informed that Paul Cook is under contract at Sligo Rovers and we have no desire to see him leave the club.
    The Management Committee has been working with Paul in recent months to assemble an excellent squad of players and it is our intention that this should continue at this critical time in our pre-season.

overshoot wrote: »
    looks like he has asked to leave, is the will he wont he saga about to end?!
    sligo statement
    He's asked to speak to clubs who wanted him before. Doesn't mean he wants to leave, just that he wants to keep his options open.

So whats the 900k being spent on :D Kiltipper?, the squad? tallaght towns youths ?

Where do you think Shels are getting the extra hundreds of grand to outbid yous..:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

dfx- wrote: »
    Where do you think Shels are getting the extra hundreds of grand to outbid yous..:)

back rent?

State of the art stadium sound system to play songs about intravenous drug use.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Redditor

Well lads...

I'm currently trying to clean up the Irish stats on soccerway.com (worldwide football stats site). The extratime lads have an excellent site, but stats isn't their main focus (even though what they have is very accurate).

Anyway, it's a work in progress atm unfortunately (although the majority of the transfers for the Premier are done) due to the amount of transfers and it being hard to get the time for it sometimes. I had intended on covering the friendlies so far properly, but the squads aren't even right yet, so I had to scratch that.

I am a LOI fan, so I won't be spamming with stupid questions, I just have problems getting info about fringe players that maybe are long gone from the club. One of the clubs has 20 something midfielders attached to it, which isn't right of course. The sort of mantra soccerway have is to do something 100% right, or not do it at all. If anyone sees any glaring errors, be sure to give out to me.

*** Easily found things like transfers done so far this pre-season are not a problem. Lads who are definitely not at clubs any more are more the kind of stuff I can't find. ***

---SQUADS---
    Bohemians
    Bray Wanderers
    Cork City
    Derry City
    Drogheda United
    Dundalk
    Monaghan United
    Shamrock Rovers
    Shelbourne
    Sligo Rovers
    St. Patrick's Athletic
    UCDIt would be nice if there was a place for comprehensive LOI stats (within reason).

I'm doing the First Division as well, but I'd like to get the Premier done first.

If ye just want me to go away, I can do that too... ;)

PM's are welcome, don't want to spam up the thread too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Shamrock Rovers needs a big clean up :P Really nice site though. I assume you know all these but the only things that need to be changed are below, few fringe players from A team will probably get a shout again in the LSC and such but who knows tbh.

Brush: Moved to Sligo
    Rice and SOD: Midfielders not defenders
    Paddy Kav: Wont be there next season. Pats will sign I think.
    Dean Kelly: Striker
    Rickets: Gone
    Gary McCabe: Right sided Midfielder to be added.
    Colin Hawkins: Defender/coach to be added
    Gartland: to be added. Defender.

Crazy to see Dan Murray played more than any one else last season, 3 more mins than Sully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Love that site, Soccerway.

With St Pat's, there's a few players on the list that are gone.

Gareth Coughlan has gone to Dundalk, I think
    Damien Lynch, John Flood, Derek Doyle, Dave Mulcahy, Anto Murphy and David McMillan are all gone too.
    Not too sure about N. Lanigan, P. O'Brien, T. Cawley, M. Logan and M. Holland.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement