Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI rumours etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

You've obviously never been to Jackman!
    Nope can't say I have. Been to pretty much every other ground in the country though, what makes Limericks' so bad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

AgileMyth wrote: »
    what makes Limericks' so bad?

It's in Limerick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Nope can't say I have. Been to pretty much every other ground in the country though, what makes Limericks' so bad?

Well the ground I suppose is a nice place to start, it's a few gravel patches, a hill, and a terrace which somehow has managed to stand for this length of time. But sure it's not too bad tbh, the grassy hill is grand but trying to hang banners is a disaster.

Their lovely bunch of fans (minority) who like to wait in the terrace while away fans leave the stadium and throw rocks, etc... at them.

The lovely locals who like to stand at the train stadium (usually were away fan busses parked...Shels had to stop though) equipped with hurls, etc... and not to mention the locals that feel it's neccessary to brick a bus a good 10 mins from the ground nearly putting a brick threw some girls head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

And the stant in Limerick doesnt actually face the pitch, its like it it landed there and they built a pitch nearby.

Sounds like a great away day so!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Bray going might pick up a few more points for Rovers given our recent record..

but in place of going to Limerick....come on Bray!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

and not to mention the locals that feel it's neccessary to brick a bus a good 10 mins from the ground nearly putting a brick threw some girls head.

Supporter buses have got bricked in Derry, Dundalk and Sligo too.

But Limerick is a bit of a mad one in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Not so fond of bray but don't want to lose them either. Am I only one who thinks there Is no way the FAI will let limerick up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

iregk wrote: »
    Clearly not if you didn't even realise you lot were playing yet knew what colour kit we turned out in. Obsessed is not the word.

You played in red n black. :confused: This was talked about four pages ago. Stop dragging up old news.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

bohsboy wrote: »
    You played in red n black. :confused: This was talked about four pages ago. Stop dragging up old news.

Who cares what colour Rovers wear in a pre-season friendly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Witchie wrote: »
    Am I only one who thinks there Is no way the FAI will let limerick up?

Why wouldn't they? :confused:

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Why wouldn't they? :confused:

barca and the fact they hate one of the owners, dunno if its this one tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

dan1895 wrote: »
    Who cares what colour Rovers wear in a pre-season friendly?

That's exactly the point. For some bohs fans though they'd rather concentrate on what Rovers are wearing in a pre-season friendly than the actual performance/outcome of their own pre-season friendly.

A rovers and bohs mini tiff in amongst all the shels vs pats and cork scrapping.

How quaint.

stovelid wrote: »
    A rovers and bohs mini tiff in amongst all the shels vs pats and cork scrapping.

How quaint.

6 MORE SLEEPS!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

stovelid wrote: »

How quaint.

Dont leave us out!!!!!

dreamers75 wrote: »
    barca and the fact they hate one of the owners, dunno if its this one tho.

But the licensing system is independent of the FAI.............

:rolleyes:

yoursign.jpg

Independent me hoop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

That's exactly the point. For some bohs fans though they'd rather concentrate on what Rovers are wearing in a pre-season friendly than the actual performance/outcome of their own pre-season friendly.

We had 2 preseason games away from home that night with the Bluebell one being trialists and u19s. Rovers wearing red and black is more interesting than any of the news that came out of that game. Would say that jersey will sell well. :pac:
    We have 24+ players on the books, preseason is going to tells us very little. Most of the posts on bohs forum have been along the lines of "23 looked decent and the little right winger wasn't bad" Not really much to be discussing on here about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

bohsman wrote: »
    Rovers wearing red and black is more interesting than any of the news that came out of that game. Would say that jersey will sell well. :pac:

Luckily it doesnt need to sell. Our away jerseys sell poorly anyway along with the fact that SEAT sponsorship is a lot more than profits from home and away kits.

Im sure most other clubs would paint themselves in green and white hoops to have such a sponsorship deal. So we'll forgive Umbro/SEAT this time.

Sligored wrote: »

Dont leave us out!!!!!

You're not our rivals.

Sligored wrote: »
    Dont leave us out!!!!!
    Ha! Let the scumbags fight amongst themselves. We'll just win the league between their petty quarrels..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Ha! Let the scumbags fight amongst themselves. We'll just win the league between their petty quarrels..

You said that last year. Howd that go for you?

CiaranC wrote: »
    You said that last year. Howd that go for you?
    Don't remember saying we'd win the league last year. We had a team better than anyone's but our squad was too small in the end. Think we've improved on that this time round.

Independent me hoop!

Hence the :rolleyes:

Don't remember saying we'd win the league last year. We had a team better than anyone's but our squad was too small in the end. Think we've improved on that this time round.

Have you really though?

North and Quigley are great additions but you've lost Ryan, Doyle, Blinkhorn and Russell iirc not to mention maybe Cook too.

Not saying we are not slightly weakened overall either as I think we are as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Don't remember saying we'd win the league last year. We had a team better than anyone's but our squad was too small in the end.

Best team wins the league, end of. Probably as it cant be won on penalties.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Rovers wearing red and black is more interesting...
    Nobody. Cares.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

LTFC play St Pats in Richmond at 3pm tomorrow Thursday the 9th of Feb.

If it was 7:45 players would be wearing this :pac:

miners-helmet_lrg.jpg

djpbarry wrote: »
    Nobody. Cares.

Meh. I. found. the. uproar. over. Spurs. wearing. red. and. white. with. the. Mansion. sponsorship. similarly. hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Meh. I. found. the. uproar. over. Spurs. wearing. red. and. white. with. the. Mansion. sponsorship. similarly. hilarious.

there was uproar over that?

there was uproar over that?

Yea, Spurs fans not happy about wearing the Arsenal colours it seems. Im sure it was just the usual complaining at the launch of a new jersey and they got over it quick enough but still funny.

Rovers may have Bohs colours on the jersey but Bohs have a whole playing field with Rovers colours on it.

• Advertisement

Anyone see the teamsheet on foot.ie of the Monaghan side that played Cliftonville yesterday.Trevor Molloy and Tony Griffths both named. Lump on Mons to go down if they're the best Shoddy can come up with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Anyone see the teamsheet on foot.ie of the Monaghan side that played Cliftonville yesterday.Trevor Molloy and Tony Griffths both named. Lump on Mons to go down if they're the best Shoddy can come up with.

Think Molloy's there as a coach

Think Molloy's there as a coach

Probably player/coach, either way! :D

LOL at the red n black Rovers.

Best seller. :)

Rovers may have Bohs colours on the jersey but Bohs have a whole playing field with Rovers colours on it.

confused-face1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Molloy and Rodney teaming up?

Jaysis, I hate Monaghan now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Anyone know how much a ticket would be?day off tomorrow and 'm going to start going to Pat's matches this season,haven't been a regular attendee since my uncle worked there in the late 90's.

confused-face1.jpg

Its a joke, don't worry about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Des wrote: »

Wouldn't worry about it; they're not long for this division.

Des wrote: »

Not so much a hatred of Monaghan, more so those two knobs. what age must Trev the junkie be now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

34. Year behind me in O'Connells

Seems like he's been around forever. Anyway I look forward to throwing a bit of stick in his direction this year.

Its a joke, don't worry about it.

But Rovers play in red n black as you say? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Anyone know how much a ticket would be?day off tomorrow and 'm going to start going to Pat's matches this season,haven't been a regular attendee since my uncle worked there in the late 90's.

Not sure, but I paid a tenner for a student ticket to see LTFC play Bohs in a pre-season friendly last season. Who knows how much it'll be tomorrow.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

But Rovers play in red n black as you say? :confused:
    Leave it FFS

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement