Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI rumours etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Could be a length of contract thing, he wouldn't want to uproot his family for peanuts I guess, long contract = lots of compo if it goes pear shaped.

His family lives in Liverpool hence why he wanted to move back to England no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

dreamers75 wrote: »
    With Shels and Cork being very strong

I wish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Is the Volkswagen deal lucrative? Sligo must be an attractive option, salary and budget-wise for two cross-channel clubs to not meet his demands.

@dreamers. Didn't follow chambers much in Scotland but with rovers, he never seemed fit enough to be a week-in, week-out full game player. Got about 7 or 8 goals though in fairness although 2 (beauts) were in a hammering of Galway IIRC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

stovelid wrote: »
    Is the Volkswagen deal lucrative? Sligo must be an attractive option, salary and budget-wise for two cross-channel clubs to not meet his demands.

@dreamers. Didn't follow chambers much in Scotland but with rovers, he never seemed fit enough to be a week-in, week-out full game player. Got about 7 or 8 goals though in fairness although 2 (beauts) were in a hammering of Galway IIRC.
    its a very good deal! they have given us a 12 passat and were supposed to be getting a van for promotion.there investing a lot into the marketing and making sure its right

Cook must be riding somebody in Sligo so.

Apart from your board, obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

dan1895 wrote: »
    Volkswagen i believe?

Not quite. It's a deal with a car dealership, that happens to sell Volkswagens amongst other cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Not quite. It's a deal with a car dealership, that happens to sell Volkswagens amongst other cars.

Ah that's different then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

With Shels and Cork being very strong along with Sligo i think it will be a tough league. I dont think we be in the mix as we seem to rely on Chambers a bit too much and not signing Corry means we have no back up for when he gets "taken" out.
    It's difficult to see Pats challenging this year - squad is looking pretty light-weight, up front especially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

monkey9 wrote: »
    What is in negotiations, i wonder, that Cook has failed to agree terms on with both St Johnstone and Accy Stanley?
    Apparently, neither club do their annual accounts on the back of an envelope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Nissan Volkswagen and Seat sponsoring teams in the league. Better than pudding i suppose :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Or he didn't meet theirs? Don't know if he was ever actually offered a job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,494 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

418946_330493063660470_238027986240312_933105_1396932425_n.jpg

In case ye haven't seen it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Think thats the away shirt.

Not great is it.

Home one is same design but green.

Think the away jersey should be white. You can't go wrong with a white jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,494 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I like it bar the sponsor logo. Not exactly the sponsors fault that it looks that way though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

That's hideous. What in the world were they thinking?

Last year's Umbro design and a poxy looking sponsor.

Well, if the € is ok....

Mushy wrote: »
    418946_330493063660470_238027986240312_933105_1396932425_n.jpg

In case ye haven't seen it!
    Looks like a Wales jersey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Horrible jersey, but a sponsor is a sponsor

oldyouth wrote: »
    Horrible jersey, but a sponsor is a sponsor

:eek: Really?

:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Looks like a different coloured version of Bohs jersey last season..not good. Design nor association with Bohs:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

"1984" hahahahalololololhahahaha

Seat are cheap VWs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Des wrote: »

Seat are cheap VWs
    What a stupid comment...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Thats not the finished logo for the City jersey, it was imposed on the picture just for the launch

Corholio wrote: »
    Thats not the finished logo for the City jersey, it was imposed on the picture just for the launch

???

wholeblackpudding_6.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Is that from Ann Summers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Alan Kirby back to Longford is great news.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Seat are cheap VWs

Most Rovers fans wouldn't care less if they have to throw in a tree-shaped air freshener and furry dice to sell their cars as long as they pay up...

"1984" hahahahalololololhahahaha

Seat are cheap VWs

Shels fans are on a level of bitter thats tough to reach.

Welcome to the real league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Happy days, whats this I read on extratime about McGill not signing thou?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭edolan

LOL. We wouldn't let MON dictate after he won two leagues and got us into the group stages.

A few domestic cups and they're gone beyond eating out of his hand at this stage.

How exactly are they eating out of his hand when they've given him permission to talk to three clubs in the last three months? They gave Derry permission to talk to him without him even knowing they were interested in him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Gonna be a comical season. Reckon record use of the word "obsessed" will be used.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Fantastic signing for you guys I reckon, expect Limerick to take first place in D1 but Longford should take 2nd for me.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

dfx- wrote: »

Most Rovers fans wouldn't care less if they have to throw in a tree-shaped air freshener and furry dice to sell their cars as long as they pay up...

A major car manufacturer is just a stepping stone to when we get a taxi company as a sponsor.

"Justice for Sheriff"? :rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with a little bitterness. Would you rather a big circle jerk like foot.ie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Nothing wrong with a little bitterness. Would you rather a big circle jerk like foot.ie?

Are you saying Fool.ie is full of ****?

Are you saying Fool.ie is full of ****?

Co-efficient worshipping ****

edolan wrote: »

How exactly are they eating out of his hand when they've given him permission to talk to three clubs in the last three months? They gave Derry permission to talk to him without him even knowing they were interested in him.

Shows a lack of dedication by Cook with the implication being that he actively wants out or that he wants to chisel more out of your board. Not to mention the timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

What crest are SD Galway using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

harps%20schools%20launch-1075.jpg
    harps home and away kits this year. last years black away jersey will remain as a third kit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

What crest are SD Galway using?
    They seem to be still calling themselves Salthill Devon at the moment. It also appears to be impossible to buy a season ticket or join the supporters club they were supposed to be starting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

They seem to be still calling themselves Salthill Devon at the moment. It also appears to be impossible to buy a season ticket or join the supporters club they were supposed to be starting.

Best of luck to them. They have a great ground and have signed some decent players. Would love to see them get promoted as it'll be a great trip over to play Galway again

i wonder did they know their name was changing?:pac: the club constitution
    1.1.1 The Club shall be called “Salthill Devon Football Club”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

overshoot wrote: »
    i wonder did they know their name was changing?:pac: the club constitution
    1.1.1 The Club shall be called “Salthill Devon Football Club”.
    The "ordinary" members were informed that the name, colours and home ground were changing after the decision was made. At that stage they hadn't gotten permission to use Terryland. I don't know if they have now. It will be interesting to see where the 400k they're allegedly being given ends up.

The "ordinary" members were informed that the name, colours and home ground were changing after the decision was made. At that stage they hadn't gotten permission to use Terryland. I don't know if they have now. It will be interesting to see where the 400k they're allegedly being given ends up.
    actually i think about it i think we have already been over this, just found it funny when i came across it the constitution and realised they are breaking the very first point (and the strip also being in 1.1.4).
    cant remember the 400k tho, wheres that coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭edolan

Shows a lack of dedication by Cook with the implication being that he actively wants out or that he wants to chisel more out of your board. Not to mention the timing.

I look at it in a different way, our previous manager Sean Connor was great for spouting crap about his great connections in the game, claimed Steve Bruce was his friend and that there would be an acadamy link between us and Birmingham City and going on about his 5 year plans, which turned out to be absolute bullshlt. Cook on the other hand has always said that he wants to return to England to manage, I remember before Cook signed we were looking for something like our 12th manager in 13 years, Cook has nearly been here nearly 5 years and has must be among our longest serving managers of all time. I admire Cook for his honesty and hope that when he does leave we get someone as honest and committed as he is, rather than another spoofer like Connor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

This is brilliant.

CSKA signed these two lads for over €8.5 million. Crazy stuff.

"Limerick FC are delighted to announce the arrival of two CSKA Moscow players to Ireland for trials with Limerick FC. The players were welcomed to Shannon Airport on Sunday evening by Pat O Sullivan. Both are expected to play some part of the game with Sligo Rovers in Terryland Park, Galway, on Monday 13 Feb at 7.45 and to train with the team on Wednesday.

Dawid Janczyk (on the right) is a 24 year old Polish International striker who has been with CSKA Moscow since 2007

Lubos Kaluda (on the left) is a 24 year old Czech International midfielder and has been with CSKA Moscow since 2008

Both players were on loan last season to PFC Oleksandriya (Ukraine)"

421550_10150601646048886_93574368885_9090937_2054099572_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

What.The.F*ck.

That Kalouda guy was signed by CSKA for €5.1m in 2008, according to his Wiki.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    What.The.F*ck.

That Kalouda guy was signed by CSKA for €5.1m in 2008, according to his Wiki.

They must've been duped into thinking they're signing for Celtic or something!!!

I can imagine Pat O Sullivan telling the driver to spin around past a few working class estates safe in the knowledge that the locals will be out in force in the famous hoops...

Ha what a troll!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

They should be walking that league without these two anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement