Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI rumours etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

This is brilliant.

CSKA signed these two lads for over €8.5 million. Crazy stuff.

"Limerick FC are delighted to announce the arrival of two CSKA Moscow players to Ireland for trials with Limerick FC. The players were welcomed to Shannon Airport on Sunday evening by Pat O Sullivan. Both are expected to play some part of the game with Sligo Rovers in Terryland Park, Galway, on Monday 13 Feb at 7.45 and to train with the team on Wednesday.

Dawid Janczyk (on the right) is a 24 year old Polish International striker who has been with CSKA Moscow since 2007

Lubos Kaluda (on the left) is a 24 year old Czech International midfielder and has been with CSKA Moscow since 2008

Both players were on loan last season to PFC Oleksandriya (Ukraine)"

Can't wait til they see Jackman Park. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Suprised Sligo havent signed these, seem to be well within the budget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Maybe the CAB have started reinvesting seized assets into the community?

I can see it now: A convoy of hiaces full of lead - pipe wielding McCarthy - Dundons pulling up at Jackman Park looking for some payback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

What the funk is going on in Limerick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Suppose it be rude not to go to the pub at 11am on a monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Can anyone confirm the kick off time for Sligo vs Limerick in Terryland today?

Edit: Seems to be 7.45. I thought it might be during the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Surely this can't be actually on the cards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Looks like the Cook saga is really over this time and he is going to Stanley :(

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    And the day before Valentines and all, insensitive bastard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

CSF wrote: »
    And the day before Valentines and all, insensitive bastard.
    Well presumably he's going to start ridin' Stanley from the 14th, so it's not altogether inappropriate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Did you already send him a card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

JoeyJJ wrote: »

The board's refusal to sign Dawid Janczyk and Lubos Kaluda on 3-year contracts with an unlimited tab at the local ALDI was the straw that broke the camel's back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

stovelid wrote: »
    The board's refusal to sign Dawid Janczyk and Lubos Kaluda on 3-year contracts with an unlimited tab at the local ALDI was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Once more you are showing your ignorance regarding all things Sligo.
    Sure, we don't even have an ALDI! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Tadgh Purcell signing for Cork on a 6 month loan deal. Cork are handing out serious money again, it's a ****ing disgrace too, after walking away from their debts now twice in the last 5 years.

From a well known Shels fan on our forum who has plenty of contacts around the League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

overshoot wrote: »
    harps%20schools%20launch-1075.jpg
    harps home and away kits this year. last years black away jersey will remain as a third kit

Your man in the chair is clearly checking out their arses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Pure_Cork

From a well known Shels fan on our forum who has plenty of contacts around the League.
    It makes you wonder what other clubs are paying given that we couldn't meet the wage demands of the strikers that already play here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Seems like that Shels fan still has cobwebs from last season, bless him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Pure_Cork wrote: »
    It makes you wonder what other clubs are paying given that we couldn't meet the wage demands of the strikers that already play here.

Who?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I love how it is always Drumcondra Reds fans who are always first to condemn others signing players.

The fact is, CCFC are running WELL within budget. The highest earners wage would be nothing like even what "badly" paid players would have been taking pre examinership. There is also a large number of players who are taking peanuts weekly.

That is not taking into account any of the rest of the financial astuteness of the club since FORAS took it over. Budgets have been made and are stuck to rigidly.

The latest Cork franchise has never walked away from any debts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Happy to buy history, but not all of it, only the bits that suit.

Caughlan welcomed with open arms, as a saviour, now the debts the club ran up under him aren't the club's debts any more.

Hmmm.

Ye are class lads. Never change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

gimmick wrote: »

They are spot on though. CCFC have a competitive advantage over other clubs that honour their debts.

Thats why I never want them to change. They are always so correct in everything they say that I use Drumcondra Reds fans as my moral compass when it comes to football.

doncarlos wrote: »
    They are spot on though. CCFC have a competitive advantage over other clubs that honour their debts.

But Cork FORAS have never run up any debt.

They did though get a nice helping hand from the FAI by being skipped up a division unlike the other new clubs that entered the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Purcell was on feck all with Rovers. He was one of our worst paid players and there was barely an effort to keep him at Rovers even with the cross channel interest.

I doubt he's on much at all, despite thinking he's gods gift to earth.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Ebbs wrote: »
    Purcell was on feck all with Rovers. He was one of our worst paid players and there was barely an effort to keep him at Rovers even with the cross channel interest.

I doubt he's on much at all, despite thinking he's gods gift to earth.

For the above to be true, somebody else might be telling 'serious money' porkies.....hmmmmm

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »

Last October is still in their minds im afraid.

Haters gonna hate:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Last October is still in their minds im afraid.

Haters gonna hate:D

At this stage I think you should have that as your sig.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    At this stage I think you should have that as your sig.

You have a point...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

I take shels fans comments with a pinch of salt and a shot of tequila.

Ebbs wrote: »
    Purcell was on feck all with Rovers. He was one of our worst paid players
    Im pretty sure the opposite was the case. I distinctly remember us not having budget for another striker because he was the last on a fairly highly paid long term contract

Sligos compensation for Cook? Two friendlies against Accrington Stanley. I kid you not.

• Advertisement

CiaranC wrote: »
    Sligos compensation for Cook? Two friendlies against Accrington Stanley. I kid you not.

Accrington Stanley.......who are they?

So funny, if that is true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Really like the Bohs yellow jersey they're wearing tonight. Might warrant a purchase.

I was also under the impression that Purcell was one of the ones that got a decent contract out of Scully too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Accrington Stanley.......who are they?

Exactly!!

Any word on who might be replacing cook yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Nope, just talking shite. Nothing new there. Don't believe what you read on our forum, very little fact has ever been posted there.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    But Cork FORAS have never run up any debt.

Well set up their own club then or pay off CCFC's debts if they want to buy history etc.

Dundalk FC will probably be fan owned next season so by your logic we can walk away from their debts as DFC trust didn't run up any debt?? Will this stand up in a court of law?

Well set up their own club then or pay off CCFC's debts if they want to buy history etc.

Dundalk FC will probably be fan owned next season so by your logic we can walk away from their debts as DFC trust didn't run up any debt?? Will this stand up in a court of law?
    Apparently so. Everyone should be obliged to take you seriously too, and should be classified as bitter if they do not.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

stovelid wrote: »
    I was also under the impression that Purcell was one of the ones that got a decent contract out of Scully too.

I was under the impression he was the last (only?) one to get a 'long' contract mid-2007 that by 2009 Rovers were trying to get out of. Probably wages too.

You seem quite bitter alright. What do you expect fans taking over clubs to do, not follow Irish company recievership law and gracefully disappear in case it upsets some lad in Dundalk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

One of them CSKA loan signings scored for Limerick tonight, lost 3-2 to Sligo, both players started. Such a crazy bit of business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

"You'll win nothing with kids" - :D

Great performance by the young Gypsies tonight.

You seem quite bitter alright. What do you expect fans taking over clubs to do, not follow Irish company recievership law and gracefully disappear in case it upsets some lad in Dundalk?

Quite bitter? Nope just want fair play for all clubs. Don't see how you could call that bitter.

Who is asking anybody to gracefully disappear. If someone wants to take over the club they should take over the debts. Can you name any other industry where you could buy the trading name, history etc of a company but start debt free??

Rovers, Derry and Cork have all walked away from Debt and all three have a good chance of qualifying for Europe next year. Would they be in the same position if they honoured their debts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

I was at Sligo vs Limerick tonight. There was about 100 there I'd say. The two lads from CSKA didn't exactly stand out. The number 6 played deep in midfield, put in a few tackles, but didn't really get involved on the ball. The number 9 didn't do much apart from stick one in the top corner.

There were 10 ex-Galway United players involved between both teams. The first 4 goals were all scored by ex-United players. Derek O'Brien's opening goal was great, he was their best attacking player IMO.

Sligo played some great stuff in the first half. Greene, Quigley, Boco and Cretaro combined well.

The game was scrappier in the second. That Seid lad looked hopeless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

I was at Sligo vs Limerick tonight. There was about 100 there I'd say. The two lads from CSKA didn't exactly stand out. The number 6 played deep in midfield, put in a few tackles, but didn't really get involved on the ball. The number 9 didn't do much apart from stick one in the top corner.

There were 10 ex-Galway United players involved between both teams. The first 4 goals were all scored by ex-United players. Derek O'Brien's opening goal was great, he was their best attacking player IMO.

Sligo played some great stuff in the first half. Greene, Quigley, Boco and Cretaro combined well.

The game was scrappier in the second. That Seid lad looked hopeless.

I thought the two lads from CSKA were excellent, they flew into the country just last night, the number 6 in midfield was very very good, always looked comfortable on the ball and looked like he had way more time than anyone else - sign of a good player, always looking to pick out a pass, choosing the right option and he could tackle too.....once limerick start using him more and getting to know him he'll get even better

the lad up front was isolated and on his own up there, but he had a good attitude, won some headers and chased a lot of stuff down, i thought the two of them might be lazy but they worked hard - and what a goal he got, his only chance of the game and it was an absolute cracker, belted it into the top corner from about 20 yards....as i said considering they had justa rrived, they both did well and once they settle into the team they'll do more damage

sligo were good in the first half and limerick in the second, if limerick play gamble, bradley and that number 6 in the middle they'll be a match for anyone...and with guys like behan, o'brien and the number 9 up front they've got goals too, plus a solid defense...i'd say we saw two teams in the top five in the country tonight, a good game

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement