Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Years Eve in Galway

Options
  • 28-10-2010 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

My friends and I are hoping to go to Galway for New Years Eve and also to stay for New Years Day. Just wondering is Galway good craic for New Years, does anything special happen in the city? We're looking for good bars and nightclubs and maybe something fun for the countdown :)

What hotel would be good for four 21year old girls? I have been looking online and one that seems to suit is the Western Hotel, anyone have any opinions on its location etc.

Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

Every night is a great night in Galway :D
    Be prepared for NYE to get to bars/clubs early to ensure admittance. I usually go to a late bar and get set there for the night, but I'm a boring mid 20's girl :mad:

Western Hotel is nice, could be noisy there as it's on a hot route in/out of the city. If I were you I would go for the best rate on a hotel near the city as, in fairness, if you are here for NYE you probably don't intend sleeping much?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

dollybird2 wrote: »
    Western Hotel is nice, could be noisy there as it's on a hot route in/out of the city.

Check how much theyre charging for their apartments. Theyre across the road in City Point (over Tk Maxx), and theyre bloody plush.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I would suggest start early. Go around the pubs at 8 or so. Pick one, get a table and stay there.
    Don't try to get into a bar at 11, they'll be full at that stage.
    I haven't been in the city pubs on NYE for years but even the quietest bars are usually crammed.

For people visiting I suggest ringing these to check for NYE tickets.
    www.cuba.ie
    www.gpo.ie
    www.halonightclub.com
    www.thekingshead.ie

It's not NYC for NYE, that's for sure. But the craic is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Sheebs

Thanks for all the replies lads.

Soundbyte, was looking at those apartments but the four bed ones are all gone for NYE and we'd have to get two 2 beds which works out fairly dear. They do look deadly though alright.

Any more opinions on where we could stay that is close to the nightlife (doesn't matter how noisy it is)?

Biko, would alot of people have tickets for events on NYE in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah but I'm not sure what places do, that's why you need to ring and find out.
    You can also wait and check their websites for info, as well as keeping an eye on Advertiser.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement