Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom zyxel P-660HW-T1 v3 problem

• 28-10-2010 1:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

Hi all ,

I got a new zyxel P-660HW-T1 v3 from Eircom to replace my Netopia that was faulty .

On my office pc , when I boot up , it doesn't connect to the internet . I can browse my network , see and access files on other computers etc. but no access to the internet . (it says connected to unidentified network)

The only way to gain internet access is to disable and then re-enable my network adapter . It then connects , until the next time my pc is turned on .

I have tried updating drivers , removing and reinstalling drivers , the result is still the same . Turning the router off and on again makes no difference .

Wifi works fine .

I never had this problem with the Netopia router .

I have no problems with my other pc , only my office pc .

Both computers use Win7x64

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

There is an error in the default setup of the modem by eircom, it only comes to light if you connected a few pcs to the modem, which i did and only some of them had access to tinternets.

Login to the modem
    Go NETWORK>>NAT and set the Max Nat/Firewall Session per User to 4096.
    APPLY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭ninja 12

Thanks ,

I just tried that , rebooted and it worked fine .

5 minutes ater , turned off pc , restarted and logged on , no internet access :mad: , exactly the same as before .

I'll give Eircom a ring later .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

any joy from eircom on this? i have no probs with my laptop connecting wireless but my blackberry connects for few minutes and then will not connect to internet after few mins. i have to close wifi on blackberry and reopen wifi and then works for few more mins until same again! really frustrating!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭ninja 12

Hi ,
    I forgot to post an update ,

It turned out to be a dhcp problem with the router . I could manually configure the router settings and all would work fine , but I wanted a router that would work without any input from me ( what would happen if I wasn't home and something needed to be reconfigured ? Not very wife friendly )

The first call to Eircom resulted in me being told to buy a new router myself :eek: or to buy a new version of Windows :eek: ( I didn't know Windows 8 was out yet :rolleyes: )
    This would fix all my problems apparently :mad:

A couple of calls later , and I got through to a manager / supervisor , and after a discussion about the first customer care rep , and the problems I was having , he agreed to organise a new Motorolla Netopia router for me (the one with the IP Phone sockets on it - model 2247-42-10NA ) . Apparently , they are only meant to be issued for accounts with an IP phone package .

As soon as I plugged it in , instant internet , and all has been fine since .

Advertisement