Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with an idea

Options
  • 28-10-2010 3:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

Just looking for a bit of advice on getting a tattoo.

I basically want to get a few names/birth dates on chest/somewhere no one will ever see them.

I was thinking of maybe in a different language?

Would anyone have an ideas please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

what other languages can you speak and translate names into?

If the answer is 0 then it's obvious you shouldn't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,392 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Names can't really translate to another language.
    There are equivalents in other languages, but not translations. Some names also have an irish and an english spelling, but its the same name.

Eg, take the name Sean, it would be ridic for me to changes this to John (ie the english version of sean) for a tattoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

Ok,

how about just their date of births?

Is that just common as muck though?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Sparkles:)

don't change your mind on something you want because someone might think its common! If you want it, do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭AWard

Ok,

how about just their date of births?

Is that just common as muck though?

As far as birth dates, you could use something other than the Gregorian calendar...like Julian dates.

Another thought: use leaf tattoos representing the color of the leaves at the time the person was born? Not terribly helpful for those of us with December/January borns....maybe the gem associated with the month?

We have animal nicknames in my family so I could use paw prints of the individual's nickname if I felt like doing that. I also have hand prints from the kids and could copy them onto tracing paper and transfer the outlines...just let your imagination go!

HTH :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭lil-evil

On my right chest i have my sons two hands when he was 4wks old, underneath it has his dob and over it is his first & second name...

Sorry no pic of it.:o

( hope this gives you a bit of help or inspiration )

Advertisement