Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork talks back

Options
  • 28-10-2010 5:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

just heard it while waiting for me chips and garlic sauce earlier on and couldnt believe how much the show has gone down hill.

heard a fianna failer on it actually agreeing with a FG fella saying they should reduce the number of ministerial cars. probably just so he could get off the phone. vic actually made a half hearted attempt at saying they should keep them for public image.

next up some snoregasm about pre-nups - a great idea all round because vic thinks so and he wants to go home.

in 2003 that show was good with charlie wolf but as soon as he left things went down hill. but for some reason its worse now than just when he left. when charlie was on there was a bit of banter and he really knew how to milk his guests for what they're worth, even extracting some good entertainment value out of some of the nutjobs he had on.

should rename it 'cork tosses one off and goes to sleep'

Comments

Victor Barry is a grade A numpty, whatever they are paying him is far too much. It amazes me he can keep his job at all, surely there are folks out there in radio land that can do a far better job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Ghost Estate

If I hear him say "with the advent of the internet" once more i'm going down to the studio to wring his neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭PcAngel

where did the risteard fellow go to?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

just heard it while waiting for me chips and garlic sauce earlier on and couldnt believe how much the show has gone down hill.

heard a fianna failer on it actually agreeing with a FG fella saying they should reduce the number of ministerial cars. probably just so he could get off the phone. vic actually made a half hearted attempt at saying they should keep them for public image.

next up some snoregasm about pre-nups - a great idea all round because vic thinks so and he wants to go home.

in 2003 that show was good with charlie wolf but as soon as he left things went down hill. but for some reason its worse now than just when he left. when charlie was on there was a bit of banter and he really knew how to milk his guests for what they're worth, even extracting some good entertainment value out of some of the nutjobs he had on.

should rename it 'cork tosses one off and goes to sleep'

Charlie Wolf was a right wing, war supporting asshole. The day he left the show was a good day for cork radio. Just because he's american & has an american accent doesn't mean he's cool.
    When he was discussing lighthearted matters, yeah he was ok. When he started talking about politics he became an idiot. He seems to see the world in black & white only. No time for whats in between. Also when he started talking about the north, spouting his deeply ignorant views on matters he didn't have a clue about, it pissed a lot of people off. Including me. If you know what your talking about, talk away. If you don't, shut your mouth & thats what many callers advised him on before he promptly cut them off. Thats why he left, lots of people switched off.

I think Victor is usually ok but i heard that same show on tuesday night & he was acting like a knob alright. The FG lads actually had a good idea & your man was actually arguing that it wasn't? When it clearly was?

Sometimes he argues for the sake of arguing. Ive also noticed the same 10 people call in regularly & your one who talks about all things sex related is a waste of radio time. Any question she's asked are answered more accurately on google. I wouldn't be surprised if she has a laptop in front of her throughout her segment.

I think Red fm is a good station. Can't stand the morning show though. Ive never heard so much forced laugher in all my life. People exploding in hysterical roaring laughter at the slightest joke? Very fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Sometimes he argues for the sake of arguing..

Yes that really drives me mad, listened one night and they had some politican on talking about putting the grit at the end of housing estates and people doing it themselves. The man was talking nicely about it, and Victor started shouting questions at him, fairly aggressively IMO. Then he wouldnt give the man a chance to answer and was shouting at him again. I turned it off.
    [/QUOTE]Ive also noticed the same 10 people call in regularly.[/QUOTE]
    That guy from Dublin, and the guy from Liverpool, sick of them.

What really grates on me though is that Victor loves the sound of his own voice, he rambles on for what feels like hours making sound effects and at the end of it you dont even know what the F he was on about. Rant over!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

The show is hilarious, it isn't meant to be but some peoples opinions can only be laughed at. I think it is hilarious the way Victor is convinced that there are plenty of jobs out there and people just don't want to work.

Or did anybody hear a few weeks ago when some guy called Bertie Ahern "a cist on the scrotum of humanity" ? Classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

PcAngel wrote: »
    where did the risteard fellow go to?

Living in New York now. Heard was doing fashion PR or something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

in 2003 that show was good with charlie wolf but as soon as he left things went down hill. '

One word, lawsuits!

Just too many to make his programme style viable.

Advertisement