Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3D compatibility question

• 28-10-2010 7:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I recently purchases a 3D compatible Blu-Ray player.

(I dont have a 3D TV but I thought I'd like to option in the future etc...)

Now, I understand that for 3D movies you are required to get 3D glasses.

And, you must get specific branded 3D glasses to play on specific branded 3D TV.

So, my query is this:

Is there specific incompatibilities with other chains in the 3D experience?

e.g. do i need a specific branded 3D-TV with a specific Blu Ray player and possibly even a specific AV receiver.

Or is it ok to use my sony blu-ray player + onkyo av receiver + Samsung 3D TV as long as the correct glasses are purchases for the TV?

Any information would be helpful.

Apologies is the above is coming across as incoherient. I'll clarify again if needed

Regards,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

quazzy wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I recently purchases a 3D compatible Blu-Ray player.
    (I dont have a 3D TV but I thought I'd like to option in the future etc...)
    Now, I understand that for 3D movies you are required to get 3D glasses.
    And, you must get specific branded 3D glasses to play on specific branded 3D TV.
    So, my query is this:
    Is there specific incompatibilities with other chains in the 3D experience?
    e.g. do i need a specific branded 3D-TV with a specific Blu Ray player and possibly even a specific AV receiver.
    Or is it ok to use my sony blu-ray player + onkyo av receiver + Samsung 3D TV as long as the correct glasses are purchases for the TV?
    Any information would be helpful.
    Apologies is the above is coming across as incoherient. I'll clarify again if needed
    Regards,

Panasonic and Samsung 3D glasses are supposedly compmatable , while Sony went a different way. Lately there are moves to remove the glasses from the formula however current models of non 3D glasses are in development, tracking your face etc but its very early days for them.

Your existing Onkyo reviver probably has insufficient HDMI support ,3D pass through requires some new circuitry and profile 1.4 HDMI

As far as I know players are fairly dense when it comes to active / passive 3D imagery so if you bought a Sony player BDPS470 it will work on the Panasonic 52" 3D set.

However you might want to check exactly what the player maker means by 3D

>Sol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭quazzy

Nice one Sol.

Appreciate the reply

Q

Advertisement