Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Statues in Galway

Options
  • 28-10-2010 8:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭

Just wondering when they will be activated - the irish statues always seem to get giddy in a recession. Has anyone seen any move recently and in what area of Galway? :D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭darrenh

Is there not someone who can put a stop to this??:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Has anyone seen any move recently and in what area of Galway? :D:D

Everyone with a brain knows they don't count if they move in October because it's the Magic Mushroom season in Galway. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

watch them move after December tho.

Anyone remember the last time they moved (in the 80's) remember the statue of our lady at the jes church - someone removed the statue and put a sign up - Gone to Lunch, back shortly". :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

A friend of mine does special effects for films including animatronics. We have often joked about making the local statue move or weep. Many churches have the same one - were they a job lot ?. It wouldn't be too hard to get one, modify it & then swap it over. The crying bit is especially easy.

I spent a while looking at the one in Ballinspittle. It is a simple optical illusion caused by the way the statue was installed & the way that it is facing. Move your head slightly & the statue appears to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

There was a big fight between 2 statues in the Cathedral this morning.

Apparently, it all started when St Anthony called St Francis a sissy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

After hours is that way
    >

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

What is OP's obsession with all things recession?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I spotted a lifelike and likesize statue of a bottle of Buckfast (empty) on the wall outside the City Hall last Tuesday morning.

I assumed it was an artistic instillation put there by the city council to portray the contemporary lifestyles of many our citizens. A work of art.

Later that evening I noticed that the statue had "moved" to the steps of the railway station. Now accompanied by a box of cheese & chives Pringles (also empty).

Its great to see such artistic masterpieces being displayed in prominent locations around town.

The tourists must be amazed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

Lapin wrote: »
    I spotted a lifelike and likesize statue of a bottle of Buckfast (empty) on the wall outside the City Hall last Tuesday morning.

I assumed it was an artistic instillation put there by the city council to portray the contemporary lifestyles of many our citizens. A work of art.

Later that evening I noticed that the statue had "moved" to the steps of the railway station. Now accompanied by a box of cheese & chives Pringles (also empty).

Its great to see such artistic masterpieces being displayed in prominent locations around town.

are you serious??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Lapin wrote: »

Definitely Banksy

• Advertisement
Advertisement