Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connect Mobile broadband to router

Options
  • 28-10-2010 8:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

I am looking for help in setting up Vodafone mobile broadband to a router so that I can connect other equipment to it. What type router do I need and is there much to configuring them. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

The VF broadband is it a modem like a usb key or a hub (does it have ethernet port?)?

if its USB key, there is router that support 3G broadband, usb at the back of the router, configuration not too much just the usual APN and few little things.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭ryange

It is just a Vodafone USB module.I want to connect this to a router so that I can connect other wired unit to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭rob180

Get a Dovado 4GR router.Abit pricey but it's the bees knees

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭rob180

Also its very simple to set up.Took me less than 6 mins to get it up and running

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Long list of models here:

http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/default_ShopGroup.asp?ShopGroupID=138

Can be a handy place for reviews too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement