Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where does all the food go???

• 28-10-2010 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

So there I am last night getting my daily fix of cooking programmes and it suddenly occurs to me...............where does all the food go?? Between Jamie and Nigella and Masterchef etc they cook a hell of alot of food , surely it can't all be eaten by the participants or staff??? They would be the size of houses!!!
    Maybe there should be a cooking programme which shows at the end of the episode the meals being shared out to homeless people or those who don't get a hot meal at the end of a day, that would give a feel good factor to the programme!

Has anyone ever worked on programmes like these and can answer my questions???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Harney

Inb4 Har... :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

DubMam wrote: »
    Has anyone ever worked on programmes like these and can answer my questions???

I used to work as a runner on quite a famous cookery show for the BBC when I was younger. Turns out that the vast majority of the food you see at the end is fake. They go through the motions of preparing the ingredients, it normally goes terribly wrong and they fling the resulting mess into the bin.

A prosthetic turkey with a bit of glaze on it looks scarily real on television.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

.. surely it can't all be eaten by the participants or staff??? They would be the size of houses!!!

Yes it can. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Someone takes a massive dump at the end of each show.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

They stick it up their bum and poo out their mouth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 DubMam

Wow so chef's fake it too! Don't feel so bad now watching them with my tv dinner on my knee :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Wow so chef's fake it too! Don't feel so bad now watching them with my tv dinner on my knee :)

Most of those chefs are actually actors. They couldn't make an omelette if their lives depended on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

Jamie Oliver is a ghey...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Doop

They make like one or two dishes in the show, between the sound guys, camer man, other people helping i cant imagine it'd be much of an issue..

*/must find job on cooking show....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

A guy i went to college withs dad was on 'cant cook wont cook' and at the end of the show none of the crew would eat the dish he made :D.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

flyton5 wrote: »
    Jamie Oliver is a ghey...

How does he manage to get his dick hard when impregnating then.

Advertisement