Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murphy Models Release brand new 201

Options
  • 28-10-2010 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 24,494 ✭✭✭✭

Was on show at the exhibition at the weekend. :)

Stunning model and very well kept secret.
    This looks to outclass anything available for UK and Irish in 00, bit pricier than an average model but the detail, especially under-frame, is second to none.

Have a look here for pics and some specs: http://irishrailwaymodelling.yuku.com/topic/1004/t/New-201-model-announced.html

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Nice model, but I hope the production model will have a non hand painted finish :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,494 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Dyflin wrote: »
    Nice model, but I hope the production model will have a non hand painted finish :eek:

i imagine it won't

it was also noted that the shades are wrong but will be corrected for production, I think it was just a bit of a rush job to get it done for the show

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I saw it in the flesh and it looked lovely, but when you see it in that large photo, all blemishes become very apparent. Hats off to them though, hopefully it will be a good seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,494 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Dyflin wrote: »
    I saw it in the flesh and it looked lovely, but when you see it in that large photo, all blemishes become very apparent. Hats off to them though, hopefully it will be a good seller.

you can be 100% certain it will. before this announcement the Lima 201 were going for upwards of €300 and they are terrible old yokes. Collector will still want them but anyone who couldn't stretch for an old one, with terrible detailing, terrible running characteristics and horrid giant couplings will jump on these.

I'm already trying to figure out how to save enough for 4-5 or them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bugsntinas

yep very nice model.i don't work so i'm gonna struggle what with the egv that's out soon,the 201 and the 071:eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement