Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2010 UL LC Science Experiments

Options
  • 28-10-2010 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Did any of ye first years go to the UL Leaving Cert physics/chem/bio experiments in January this year? How is it set up? Was it a 3 hour long lab session morning and afternoon or did they let ye out for air?

Also, what building are the science labs in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Did this 2 years running.

Takes about 3-4 hours, you get a half an hour break. The experiments are set up a bit like a conveyor belt, once you finish one you go straight on to the next.

The science labs were in the Health Science Building.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Definately worth doing, don't treat it as a doss.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭thats not gone well

don't treat it as a doss.

no better bit of advice right there.

i did the physics ones for lc just gone.
    depending on how your getting on in class in general lets you prioritise.
    i.e. ones you found difficult/might not get to do/missed in school
    should be top of the list, anything after that then is a bonus cos the time really does fly when your in there

the notes handed out are worth going in themselves imo. really helped come study time
    best of luck with it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

ones you found difficult/might not get to do/missed in school should be top of the list, anything after that then is a bonus cos the time really does fly when your in there

So I could do a tricky experiment twice and skip ones I already understand? Cool. I thought we would have been broken up into groups of 3 or 4 and that you have to stick to your group so that you have to move onto the next experiment to allow the next group a chance to start that experiment again.

esentially your left to your own devices in there.
    the ta's are there to supervise/advise/help and your own teacher should be stolling around supervising too.

take into account how long each is likely to take aswel when your plannin it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Skill

Sounds brilliant. How do you apply for a place?

i dont remember exactly, but say it to your teacher and ask them to look into it is your best bet,
    short of actually ringing the uni yourself...

Advertisement