Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castletownroche - any tips?!

Options
  • 28-10-2010 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭

Castletownroche… discuss!!

We're heading down to Blackwater Castle in a few weeks and we're wondering what's the story with pubs and the village. Any decent take-aways? We need to get grub for a few people on the Friday night, so ordering in is the easiest.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

OH! And if you know any caterers that are in that general area - would be much appreciated, thanks!

http://www.luceysgoodfood.com/catering.html

Based in Mallow, good reputation and I've always liked their catering service

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

The Spinning wheel is a nice pub, they do food too, generous portions!

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

the spinning wheel has a good reputation, never been in there myself but the relatives rave about it.

http://www.luceysgoodfood.com/catering.html

Based in Mallow, good reputation and I've always liked their catering service

Just talked to Ian on the phone there, seems like a lovely chap - and very accommodating! Thanks for the tip :)

• Advertisement

Had a great weekend in Blackwater Castle. Lucey's catering was fantastic - and very reasonable. And there were a few great pubs in the village - The Spinning Wheel and the Rock Forest, Michael in there was great gas, and a lovely Gentleman.

Thanks for the tips!

Advertisement