Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Butcher Shops!!!!

Options
  • 28-10-2010 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

Id really like a little bit of help with this one, I need to visit a couple of butcher shops for a projects Im undertaking in work (Food Industry) and I just need to know across the country which are hands down the best butcher shops - best in the sense of, quality, choice, freshness, maturation, etc.
    Appreciate any help guys :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 goldfish

Hugh Maguire's in Ashbourne

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭rodrob111

Duffey's of Prussia St, Dublin 7. Good value and the Angus striploins amazing. Get all my meat there. The Leg of lamb and sirloin roasts are savage too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭johnnycee66

McEvoys, Termonfeckin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

McEvoys, Termonfeckin
    +1.

Fenelons in Stillorgan

McArdles in Dundalk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

Lawlor's in Rathmines, D6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,048 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

O Flynn's Marlboro St. Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Goldenlady

thanks so much, this should keep me busy for a while!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Ennis Butchers in Rialto

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Seamus O' Sullivans, Manor, Tralee - Sulmeat.com

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

McCormack's in Westport, Co. Mayo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

olaola wrote: »
    Ennis Butchers in Rialto

+1

Great shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 johnnysexsmith

Oink wrote: »
    +1

Great shop

+1 - super shop and great advice

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

James McBride in Athlone Town Center has amazing beef. Same goes for O'Dwyers in Cashel which supplies one of the Michelin star kitchens in Dublin and makes unreal sausages.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Dublinvillian

M & J Butchers Sundrive rd , best sausages in Dublin

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

O Flynn's Marlboro St. Cork

+100000000000000000

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Twomeys Butchers in Macroom who claim to be the first and only Guaranteed Irish butcher shop

http://www.mtwomeybutchers.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭trackguy

James Whelans in Clonmel. They offer a great mail order service too - you can dictate what day you want delivery.

Huge selection and really really top quality beef. They breed Aberdeen Angus and Hereford cattle and have recently added wagyu steak and burgers to their range!

http://www.jameswhelanbutchers.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Twomeys Butchers in Macroom who claim to be the first and only Guaranteed Irish butcher shop [URL="http://"][/URL]

That's some claim to make IMO - do you know how he justifies it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Zuiderzee

There is only one for me really - McGeoughs Oughterard, Galway
    http://www.connemarafinefoods.ie/

They have won tons of awards, including Artisan of the Year Award from the Bridgestone Food Guide and Ballygowan Awards from the Food Writers Guild

Quality: Outstanding, all lamb, beef and pork selected and bought by the butchers themselves prior to processing, they dont just buy a carcass - each animal is selected, and the issue of animal welfare and standard of life are issues for James.

Choice: Brilliant range, award winning shop made puddings and sausages, and a wide range of high end products like air dried meats and charcoutre
    Freshness: Perfect in every department, been going there for 25 years and never had a complaint

Maturation: Beef is some of the best I have had, and I have been all over the world. Certainly the best I have had in Europe

One other thing I forgot to add, the service is outstanding - they know their customers and take care of them

• Advertisement
Advertisement