Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Draft Question!

Options
  • 28-10-2010 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi all, I hope I have this in the right section, I am sorry mods if its not. Feel free to move it

I got a Ulster Bank-draft as payment for an item I was selling, I am not familiar with this and was wondering how do I cash it?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,501 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

simply lodge it at you nearest bank counter.
    its straightforward tbh, no hassle at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭miccy203

Does it have to be Ulster Bank?

Thanks again

No, just whoever your bank is.

A draft is basically a more secure form of cheque. it doesn't matter who its from or what bank, as long as your name is on it your bank will process it for you and there should be no issue. I've used them many times to pay for large items, cars and the like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

A draft is basically a more secure form of cheque

actually its more like physical cash and can only be paid to the named person.

In theory the bank should take it and give you the cash over the counter with no need to lodge it.

In practice they will want to check that it is a valid draft and may treat it like a cheque.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭miccy203

Could I cash it in a shop like a cheque?

• Advertisement

no, can't do that. the shop could not cash it with their bank as it's made out to your name

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

And its cross A/c Payee only, so it must be lodged.

Advertisement