Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC - What Cordless Phone ?

Options
  • 28-10-2010 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hiya !

I am about to get UPC Phone service, thus this Cordless handset http://www.upc.ie/phone/handsets/ to be plugged right at the back of the Cisco Wireless Modem they supply.

BUT I am not happy with that specific handset as I require one with at least hands-free talking or even better with the possibility to plug-in an headset to its base. I work from home and I need to type away on my PC while on the phone. :)

I am no expert, but can I buy ANY handset to plug at the back of the Cisco Wireless Modem or it must have specific requirements/characteristics ?

Thanks for any suggestion !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

I just got the upc phone/braodband connected on Thursday. I thought you could only use the included phone, however I have all my phones plugged in. They all work fine, cordless and wired.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭twentyfour7

Hi,

I am in a similar situation however I have the Siemens provided phone which is a bit crap!

I'd really like something that I could plug into the Cisco Router that is upstairs which would mean I could have a handset downstairs permenantly. Does anyone know if this is possible. Obviously a headset would be ideal also.

Does anyone know If I can call forward from the existing standard UPC handset and setup a voicemail? The guy from UPC just left a phone and said plug it in! Cheers!!

Thanks in advance
    24/7

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I plugged some of my existing phones via UPC, most worked, one set of BT wireless didn't, think it's a case of try the phone and if you are lucky it will work

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

Hi,

I am in a similar situation however I have the Siemens provided phone which is a bit crap!

I'd really like something that I could plug into the Cisco Router that is upstairs which would mean I could have a handset downstairs permenantly. Does anyone know if this is possible. Obviously a headset would be ideal also.

Does anyone know If I can call forward from the existing standard UPC handset and setup a voicemail? The guy from UPC just left a phone and said plug it in! Cheers!!

Thanks in advance
    24/7
    The supplied phone (like many others) is DECT.
    Get another that supports GAP (hint, if they sell a multi handset pack it does) and just get it to register with the siemens base and use the base it comes with as a charger only.
    Works a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 rookav

Does the UPC supplied phone have a built in answer machine? Or do they offer an answer service (like Eircom)?

• Advertisement
Advertisement