Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does David Bowie still sing, what's the deal there?

Options
  • 28-10-2010 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

In 2004 I bought a ticket to see David Bowie at Oxegen. As most of us know he cancelled that performance, along with a chunk of his European tour, because of a heart problem. I say that because I taught he had had a minor heart attack but it may have been that a scan detected something.

In any case, I have been wanting to see him live since then, and was wondering whether he has released any studio albums or done any touring? I do know that he announced a sort of semi retirement in the wake of the European Tour cancellation but is that it, has Bowie retired, or can be expect him to perform at some stage again?

All I can seem to find is his performance of Comfortably Numb in 2007 with Roger Waters

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

When Peter Gabriel recorded his last album, a collection of cover versions called Scratch My Back, the idea was that the artists who wrote the songs would record one of his songs in return. Since he did a version of "Heroes", Gabriel asked Brian Eno to act as go-between to see if Bowie would reciprocate, Eno having worked with both Bowie and Gabriel before.
    I think Bowie agreed to do something, but there was an article about the album in the Sunday Times, wherein Eno made some comment that "[Bowie]'s not interested in music anymore", which is obviously a sweeping generalisation, but certainly suggests that we're unlikely to see another album or tour from him.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

The way I see it is that the man has done his bit.
    He came, he saw, he rocked.
    He can't keep flogging a dead horse*, and is, atleast entitled to a retirement.

*Many will belive that with the new directions, his career went on too long as it is.

Advertisement