Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lack of symptoms

Options
  • 28-10-2010 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭

Hey, I am now 6 weeks pregnant on my first. The last few weeks I was getting symptoms like fatigue, sore boobs and cramping quite a bit. This week most of all that seems to have disappeared! Still a bit tired but cramps are hardly there at all and boobs not too sore, is it not too early to start feeling "better"! :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I'd say count your blessings for the moment. My symptoms only really kicked in at 7 weeks and I was generally unwell for the next 6 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭cinderella2010

Winnie - I am the same

Sore boobs and tired - I have nothing else going on - I am five and half weeks now

I hope to god I dont get any sickness or anything else unpleasant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

I've been worried because of lack of symptoms, I'm about 5 /2 weeks no sore boobs, no nausea (though that could be changing today).
    I do have the worst wind, which I believe is a symptom not often discussed ;-) and last night I couldn't eat my favourite dinner cause the pesto just tasted terrible, hubbie says it was all good so obviously my taste buds are finally reacting. I am tired and today feel a bit icky so I guess I'll only be happy when I'm dying ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

Yeah I know I should be counting my blessings at the moment that I am not suffering with anything really that tiredness......I guess I just hope everything's ok!

Actually now that you mention it I have been suffering from really bad gas and constipation - and chocolate tastes gone off and tea now tastes funny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Butterflylove

Im with How Strange

I had cramping for week 4 & 5 then nothing till 7 , since then they kicked in big time I suffered with all day sickness till this week, now its only one half of the day, Im 10 weeks at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 neillcm

I was fine up to week 6/7, maybe a little tired... after that it all went downhill!

Exhaustion, horrible nausea (thankfully no vomiting) and generally just feeling miserable. But saying that I have actually never even had sore boobs and they have gotten substantially bigger in a very short space of time!I also never had to pee very often which seems very common so I think we're all just different!

I wouldn't worry at all though.Some women are also less 'in tune' with their bodies than others (me for one!) and alot of symptoms go unnoticed....you could just be one of the lucky ones too!Best of luck with your pregnancy :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I was exactly the same Winnie.. Had really sore boobs and felt tired, some days would even feel 'fluey'.. I was praying for nausea tbh as I was terrified of miscarrying after 2 previous but all was fine.. Some people just don't get sickness..

My mother and my sister never had any nausea on their pregnancies.. As said above, there's still plenty of time for symptoms to develope but you might just be one of the lucky ones.. When you're dying with heartburn and peeing every 5 minutes you'll be looking back and wishing you'd enjoyed the lack of early symptoms ;)

Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Actually now that you mention it I have been suffering from really bad gas and constipation - and chocolate tastes gone off and tea now tastes funny

Not being able to drink tea or wine or eat chocolate was the first thing that I suffered with, literally within a day or 2 of conception.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Congratulations girls on all the upcoming happy events. I too was farting like a billy goat but mainly in the middle of the night when I didn't realise. But the morning sickness (ginger snap biscuits are great for warding that off btw), sore boobs and all that seem to come about ten weeks or so into the pregnancy - it was when I started taking the iron tablets suggested by the doctor in the hospital. I got a shock when I went to the loo a few days after taking the tablets (it was like I'd just drank 8 pints of guinness).... Good luck ladies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Queen of Sheebs

Looks like we're due within a week of each other Cinderella!
    I'll only be 5 weeks on Saturday. I had my first appointment today with GP. My boobs have never been so sore in all my life! And the itchy nipples!!! I'm going to scream soon with it. Anyone any ideas of relief for those symptoms??? Tired isn't the word for it. I've been cramping too with sharper pains to the left and right. GP told me to come back this day next week and if I'm still having the cramps and pains she'll send me for an early pregnancy scan. She's contacted a gynaecologist so have to wait for that appointment in the post!
    Best of luck to everyone. Its just so early on that I'm afraid to let myself get excited and the sore boobs are preventing me form enjoying it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Looks like we're due within a week of each other Cinderella!
    I'll only be 5 weeks on Saturday. I had my first appointment today with GP. My boobs have never been so sore in all my life! And the itchy nipples!!! I'm going to scream soon with it. Anyone any ideas of relief for those symptoms??? Tired isn't the word for it. I've been cramping too with sharper pains to the left and right. GP told me to come back this day next week and if I'm still having the cramps and pains she'll send me for an early pregnancy scan. She's contacted a gynaecologist so have to wait for that appointment in the post!
    Best of luck to everyone. Its just so early on that I'm afraid to let myself get excited and the sore boobs are preventing me form enjoying it!!!

You may need to invest in a bigger, good supporting, non underwired bra. Keep em comfy and it will help a little. They will be sore tho, lots of changes going on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭kirstyor123

Hi winnie

I am 6 months pregnant and never had one sypmtom of been pregnant not one lol :p

I wouldnt worry about it your just one of the lucky ones like me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Metallic taste in mouth and completely turned off my favourite foods at the moment. So I guess stuff is starting to kick in. I'll regret complaining :rolleyes:

Well, I am starting to get little cramps again and feeling knackered and chocloate is starting to taste more sugery than usual! So i guess i do have some symptoms, if it stays like that ill be happy!

Winnie wrote: »
    Well, I am starting to get little cramps again and feeling knackered and chocloate is starting to taste more sugery than usual! So i guess i do have some symptoms, if it stays like that ill be happy!

May i ask why you actually want symptoms lol

Your one of the lucky ones you should enjoy it :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

May i ask why you actually want symptoms lol

I can't speak for Winnie but I think people can find it reassuring to have the symptoms.. specially in the early early days when you're still having trouble even believing that you're pregnant.. I think once the first scan happens it's easier to relax and enjoy it..

xzanti wrote: »
    I can't speak for Winnie but I think people can find it reassuring to have the symptoms.. specially in the early early days when you're still having trouble even believing that you're pregnant.. I think once the first scan happens it's easier to relax and enjoy it..

I know sure i was in the exact same position.. and i have never got even one symptom of preganancy :D
    I just wish i didnt worry myself so much at the start because baby is fine and im now glad im sailing through it after seeng some women in terrible states at the start of their pregnancy :)

Yeah I dont really WANT all the symptoms, just like xzanti said, i think i just needed reassurance that everything was ok and i was still actually pregnant.........my first scan is in 3 weeks so i will probably relax more when i see it for real!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭May79

Winnie - I am the same

Sore boobs and tired - I have nothing else going on - I am five and half weeks now

I hope to god I dont get any sickness or anything else unpleasant

Hello Cinderella! I was just on boards looking for help with itchy nips! (TMI i know sorriee)

Anyway, Gerat to see you are indeed pregnant. I had very few syptoms at all apart from extreme tiredness, the likes i have never felt before. The boobs were painful so i wore a bra in bed right up to about 3 weeks ago and i leave it off every 2nd night or so now. I didn't have sickness just nausea and was off tea and choc for a few weeks but not long really. I was very concerned about no sypmtoms but i guess i was just lucky.

Congrtualtions one and all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭melsbells

winnie im so jealous of you!!!
    im one of those pregnant women thats not blooming and def not enjoying what should be one of the best experiences of my life:rolleyes:
    at week 7 i had that really bad cramping, by times i cudn't move, i was also sent for an early scan, its amazing and every time i looked at the picture at home after i'd just well up!!!
    however bout two days after the scan the fun started, i literally got every bad symptom of pregnancy.....sense of smell like a hunting dog, sense of taste gone, hated choc but loved beetroot, tears every minute, tantrums the next, boobs are gone from small c to generous d, unfortunately they're like two boils:D, if i catch hubby even looking at them he gets told where to go, and then the worst one, the puking and nausea, oh god it is awful, starts around 8am till i fall asleep around 9pm, never any later, forget whats even on the telly at ten:D
    the milder symptoms ie boobs, taste, smell reassure us in the early stages, plus i think it re enforces we're actually pregnant, but i really really hope you dont get the sickness. and if you are lucky enough to miss it thank god every day, trust me, i beg god every day to take away the dreaded sickness,hasnt just worked yet but wont give up;)

Thanks May
    Its all very exciting but still dont seem real
    I am getting scan end of next week I just have to see it I guess to beleive it and I want to reassurance of seeing all is ok

I hope you got your nips sorted ;)

I am now over six weeks and still not to bad on symptom side - i really hope I dont get the voms and I tend to faint while I vom in general so this would not be good

Also Very Very tired like never before, boobs still tender and swollen oh and how can I forget constipation and bloated - I already feel huge

I may have spoke too soon! I have been feeling a bit queasy and weak the last couple of days and to top it off i think i have a cold! Feel a bit crap today to say the least!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Silcocky

I'm the same - a bit bloated and crampy but more constipation-style cramps than baby ones (though, what would I know, with my whole two days experience :rolleyes:) but would (half!) want a couple of the more common symptoms, for reassurance! Peeing on sticks night and day to make sure I'm 'still' pregnant....honest to god, madness! :eek:

Meeting the GP tomorrow for the first time, so hoping to ask him a million questions. The GP I have been going to I haven't been too keen on, so I've booked this new one in the hope I'll feel more confident when I need it most.

Gonna wait and see how quick I get a scan and maybe arrange a private one in a couple of weeks for peace of mind...don't think I could be waiting til 16weeks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭May79

Thanks May
    Its all very exciting but still dont seem real
    I am getting scan end of next week I just have to see it I guess to beleive it and I want to reassurance of seeing all is ok

I hope you got your nips sorted ;)

I am now over six weeks and still not to bad on symptom side - i really hope I dont get the voms and I tend to faint while I vom in general so this would not be good

Also Very Very tired like never before, boobs still tender and swollen oh and how can I forget constipation and bloated - I already feel huge

Gosh hope you don't get the sickness. Fainting each time - your OH will be done for battery!!

Nips not sorted yet! Have gp app next week too. Top of my list of questions :)
    Silcocky wrote: »
    I'm the same - a bit bloated and crampy but more constipation-style cramps than baby ones (though, what would I know, with my whole two days experience :rolleyes:) but would (half!) want a couple of the more common symptoms, for reassurance! Peeing on sticks night and day to make sure I'm 'still' pregnant....honest to god, madness! :eek:

Meeting the GP tomorrow for the first time, so hoping to ask him a million questions. The GP I have been going to I haven't been too keen on, so I've booked this new one in the hope I'll feel more confident when I need it most.

Gonna wait and see how quick I get a scan and maybe arrange a private one in a couple of weeks for peace of mind...don't think I could be waiting til 16weeks :(

I went private due to complications and i have been ordered to have a scan every 4 weeks - So so lucky i am getting to see the baby grow so much. I can't recommend the scans enough to just reassure, and make you feel like a mammy to be, esp if the symptom are light. Its all just wonderful! The whole thing.

Sorry to hear your ill again winnie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Silcocky wrote: »

i've got the bloatedness as well! I didnt have this last time and find it all very strange...also the morning sick...I've just been queasy alot, nothing major, but yesterday and today it was really bad...does it normally come in strong waves like that?

Do you mind if I ask what hosp you're going to? Why do you have to wait till 16 weeks, are they booked up?

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

When I was 6 weeks pregnant I had been in hospital three times already because of dehydration from all the vomiting. Count your blessing if you do not have too many symptons......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Silcocky

Hi Hannibal,

Haven't got the hospital picked yet, but having done a LOT of reaseach (my poor employers!) in the last two days, some of the Dublin hospitals seem to take forever..I couldn't take it for the sake of the amount until last week I'd've paid for a good night out...
    If its anything over twelve weeks, I'll do a private scan!! Hope to go for the Coombe - will chat to the doc tomorrow and get some advise.

Tum's still bad this avo....no nausea yet though...
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

I'm 16 weeks and no symptoms - boobs havent even increased (not that I'm complaining though as they are more than ample as it is) Up until my 12 week scan I had convinced myself that there was something wrong, but all is ok, baby moving around like a mad thing. I also got a doppler to hear the heartbeat and all is ok. I must be one of the lucky ones, my mum never had any symptoms either, so it must be genetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Queen of Sheebs

I'm begining to freak out..... with the lack of symptoms!! I'm convinced that there is something wrong or that I will lose the baby! I'm 6 weeks + 3 days. I've extremely sore boobs but that's it. The tiredness isn't bad at all, not that I've noticed and I've no sickness, nausea or food aversions. I've really really bad cramps and have been referred to the epu next monday for a scan. Don't think I can wait that long ....desperate for the appointment to be here and yet I don't want to go to it either!! This is the most stressful time! 12 weeks seems like forever. At times when I'm reading the pregnancy day by day book I get really excited and am so happy but then the worry sets in again. I know I should relax.... I just can't!

Advertisement