Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Rugby

Options
  • 28-10-2010 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

I've been banned from Rugby for 7 days for calling someone who was being smart in his replies to me a "smart-arse".

Here is the post by JustinDee and my response as LFC5Times and below that, my ban PM I received.

Originally Posted by JustinDee
    Its in the tickets section of www.irishrugby.ie.
    I'm going by memory and am busy at the moment while answering your query on a phone.
    You could have actually found your way to it in the time it took to put up these two posts.

LFC5Times
    Well whats the point of a forum if I can't ask for help off others, if some smart arse who can't take any criticism of his organisation pretty much tells me to look for the answer myself.

Hi LFC5Times,

You have been banned from Rugby for the following duration:

7 Day(s)

for the following reason:

personal abuse

Providing your ban is not permanent, it will be lifted automatically after 7 Day(s). You will get an automatic message informing you that the ban is lifted. If you do not receive this message after the allotted time, please PM a moderator to clarify.

Bans occur after a serious rules breach so please keep in mind that Moderators don't just decide to ban people out of the blue. If you wish to appeal this ban, please follow our Dispute Resolution Process here. Your first action should always be to PM the Moderator(s) of the forum to discuss the ban. Remember that our Mods are volunteers and are not always online, so they may not be able to answer you straight away.

All the best,
    boards.ie

I wasn't surprised by which Mod it is to be honest based on previous.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056045756&page=8

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭LFC5Times

Bump

Very efficient!!!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Link to thread sent to Sports CMods

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

OP - what is the nature of your concern here? Is it the length of the ban? Or do you feel that calling someone a smart arse isn't abusive and unnecessary?

/DRP feedback - is there any of setting up notification based on the category selected?
    can we have the option of closing that huge image (please!!!)?

uberwolf wrote: »
    OP - what is the nature of your concern here? Is it the length of the ban? Or do you feel that calling someone a smart arse isn't abusive and unnecessary?

/DRP feedback - is there any of setting up notification based on the category selected?
    can we have the option of closing that huge image (please!!!)?

7 days ban for calling someone a smart-arse is a joke. If I called him a w@nker and worse again would I of still got 7 days seeing as it would also be considered personal abuse?

Why couldn't I get an infraction or warning?

Some of the Mods on here love handing out bans willy nilly.

I am on at least 5 other forums and if something similar was said, it would of been ignored or at worse me given a PM with a warning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

you've already had an infraction in the rugby forum for abuse of another poster. So a ban seems a reasonable next step.

Re: length of ban, there's another thread in here discussing the issues around ban length.

uberwolf wrote: »
    you've already had an infraction in the rugby forum for abuse of another poster. So a ban seems a reasonable next step.

Re: length of ban, there's another thread in here discussing the issues around ban length.

I never expected a Mod to undermine another Mod on here, so I knew it was a 1000/1 shot on my ban being lifted or reduced.

On the length of ban, hopefully you and the other Mods can take constructive criticism from us "ordinary" members and maybe bring in a standarised table for different offences etc.

As I said already, a big difference in calling someone a smart arse and a w@nker. Both my be construed as personal abuse or matter of fact depending on the person.

Anyway I have said my piece.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Advertisement