Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payroll Software, what system should i buy?

Options
  • 28-10-2010 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi There,

I am looking to purchase a small payroll software package. can anyone recommend one? There seems to be quite a few out there for under €200, which is all i am looking to spend.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Shurwhynot

I use Thesaurus at work and it's fairly straightforward. Not sure of price though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tboneE

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Herbalist

OP How many employees do you have at the moment?

Sage offer a free payroll package for up to five employees that might suit you? You can download Quickpay Free from the website there are no setup or maintenance fees it is completely free and is a cut down version of standard Quickpay.

Apart from that there are plenty of options for payroll software for a small company, Thesaurus, Keysolve, Payback or Collsoft for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

What herbalist said re quickpay etc, have used collsoft lately and was well impressed. Think it's 70 euro for a single company.

Just to add, it's a bit late in the year to be getting a payroll package - you probably can't avoid it, but it might be worth trying to bargain with a company for a free upgrade in 2011. I think payroll is going to get a big shake up following the next budget and an upgrade will be required.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Folks, is there any software that a self employed person could use?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Always reccomend Collsoft to our clients (sole traders and companies). It's by far the easiest to learn and use.

It also has excellent reporting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 HarvestAnne

Every software has its merits - and every software also has its problems in my opinion. Because of my job, I have to use several different ones and to be honest, there is no "perfect" solution. We have found glitches in many of them this year so you need to do a manual check - at least for the next few weeks until the glitches have been ironed out!

If you are confident that you can do the manual checks then any good system can be manually amended but you really need to know what you're doing. You can get training but to know enough for the average company takes a lot of updating and on-going training in payroll calculations.

You might want to consider outsourcing it to a company who does payroll for small and medium companies - the cost of the service for the year is often less than the cost of the software, time involved etc. AND you have no worries about being right or wrong, being there to do it at the required time, system crashes, data protection, computer updates and so on. Worth having a look at. Try searching for SME payroll outsource services on google for a list of providers and see how much it costs to get it done and save yourself the hassle!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jennypeny

Collsoft- would be my number one choice

We have used just about all of them and this one by far was the easiest to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

Collsoft is the most user friendly package I have ever used.

I did a course in Thesaurus, it was straightforward enough but then I worked in a place that used Collsoft and it was so much handier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 DTCullen

We use Collsoft for all our payroll needs and always advise clients to use the package, as it is the easiest to use and the reporting is great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭HardyBuckFan

i second collsoft, have used quickpay and thesauras too and collsoft the best by a country mile

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dave53

Hi JP, suggest that you look at Big Red Book payroll package ( less than € 100 per year ) and very easy to use go to www.bigredbook.ie

Advertisement