Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Tanks Gamer Profile thread

Options
  • 28-10-2010 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭

Hi all, thought I'd start a thread so everyone can list their in game names so we can all add each other and form platoons etc.
    Might be an idea to include your tanks too.

Mine is:

Dublin_Gunner (imaginatively enough!)

Tanks:

A-20 - Elite, 100% crew
    T-43 Need XP for T-44 to elite, 100% crew
    KV-3 Need XP for IS, 100% crew
    Jagdpanzer IV, need XP for JagdPanther, 100% crew
    Hummel - Elite, 100% crew

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Ballbag101

Luchs (Elite) all crew up to 100%
    Leopard (Elite) all crew up to 100%
    T-34 all crew up to 100%
    T-34-85 just bought so tank is pretty sh1t at present

KV3 just sold because I dont like the game play in heavy tanks, I would perfer the light\medium style of moving fast and never stopping

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

mine is copeyhagen and my brother is dublingar

tanks

bt7
    su18
    su26
    at1

leiktraktor
    pz luchs
    pz leopard
    marder ii

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

ptegan

I'm a TD man myself. Jadg IV is my current weapon of choice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Cool.

Oh, it might be an idea to include what tanks you currently own. So people would have an idea who to join up with also.

I'll update my OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

DeWinterZero

BT-2
    A-20
    Su-5
    SU-8

Luchs
    Leopard
    Stug-III (Elite crew and grinding my way up to all crew having 100% skill in vehicle repair)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Kharn

PzIII
    Leopard
    Hetzer
    PzIV
    A20
    Wespe

All over 80% at least.

good game Friday night Kharn

thanks for the invite to the squad

Jagdpanzer IV 100% crew
    JagdPanther 100% crew

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

Renesco

Elite JgdPz IV
    Grille which I rarely use
    Panzer IV
    T28
    Elite Pz III

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Manic Moran

7x M3 Bradley, 2x M1064, 1x M113, 1x M1068.... Oh... you mean tanks not in the real world...

I'm sortof a late starter here, I've got elite Luchs, Marder, Wespe, non-elite PzIII and Hetzer.

Is there a Boards channel? I usually hang out with other (real-world) tankers.

NTM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Jadin and I've a light tank... and I don't know what I'm doing.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

LMAO.

Don't worry. You'll be highly frustrated for a while, but you'll pick it up.

NTM

LMAO.

Don't worry. You'll be highly frustrated for a while, but you'll pick it up.

NTM

I upgraded to a tank killer and promptly died in 2 seconds to everything. I've now got a T26 and started to get in some kills or at least some damage and things are staaaarting to make sense now.

The game totally lacks leadership. I could see it being way more fun in clan matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Darkireland

Panzer 2
    Panzer 3
    Panzer 4 (100% crew)
    Hetzer
    Stug (100% crew)
    Marder
    and some russian tank

The game totally lacks leadership. I could see it being way more fun in clan matches.

After a bit of experience you won't need to be told what to do, you'll find that during matches you'll know what to do instinctively after a while,

As a medium tank you'll be expected to support heavy tank advances or act as a screen for the heavies against other medium tanks.
    As a tank destroyer you'll be expected to defend arty and your base or on pushes to add firepower to the advancing heavies.
    As a heavy tank you'll be expected to advance the line, hug cover and fight other heavies.
    As a light tank you'll be expected to scout for the heavies and arty or defend your arty in the opening minutes against opposing light tanks.
    As an arty piece you'll be expected to batter the opposing heavy tanks or act as a counter battery.

It's all about practice young kommandant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Just a thought guys, but is this thread breaking the NDA at all? Most beta things tend to have one.

You might be right. LINKY

Just a thought guys, but is this thread breaking the NDA at all? Most beta things tend to have one.

Nope. You're allowed post screenies too.

That element of the beta passed a LONG time ago. That was only during the closed beta, months ago.

The game is no longer in the European closed beta phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Fair enough. Just figured I'd ask.

Gneez wrote: »
    As a tank destroyer you'll be expected to defend arty and your base...

IMHO a TD is one of the worst options to protect arty. A scout or medium tank can run rings around a TD.

• Advertisement

early TD's yeah, but StuG, PgPz IV, Su-85 and other tier 5 to tier 7 TD's can do the job well, a StuG III can outrun and outmaneuver a scout tank on short sprints.

I have a JagdPanther now. Generally if I don't keep on moving once a scout shows up then their arty gets me. Once I hit the scout then it's curtains for them but good scouts will use my difficulty in moving my turret against me.

Strange, I can't edit my OP :confused::confused: (the edit button isn't there!)

But just updating my tanks list:

Hi all, thought I'd start a thread so everyone can list their in game names so we can all add each other and form platoons etc.
    Might be an idea to include your tanks too.

Mine is:

Dublin_Gunner (imaginatively enough!)

Tanks:

A-20 - Elite, 100% crew
    T-43 Need XP for T-44 to elite, 100% crew

IS, 100% crew
    Jagdpanzer IV, need XP for JagdPanther, 100% crew
    Hummel - Elite, 100% crew
    M3 Lee (elite apart from the Priest and Sherman)
    M37 SPG
    T1 Heavy

3 US tanks into the mix now, at the expense of a pair of Russians!

Really enjoying the US tanks, something different! The M37 is actually a very capable SPG, and the M3 Lee is super at range. I've regularly got 4+ kills per round with it.

Its armour is very weak though....

The T1 I've only just bought last night, so haven't formed an opinion on it yet!

Gneez wrote: »
    early TD's yeah, but StuG, PgPz IV, Su-85 and other tier 5 to tier 7 TD's can do the job well, a StuG III can outrun and outmaneuver a scout tank on short sprints.

All a scout has to do is hit you in the tracks, and its game over. TD's should not be purely defensive, be utilised away from the base, in a sniper type role.

A decent medium would be best for defending arty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

Name: Dodgy

Tanks:
    Elite Luchs
    Elite Leopard
    Elite Hetzer
    Whatever the first medium german tank is
    Whatever the first german spg is

Been playing for about 4 days now, totally hooked. Spotted Dublin_Gunner on a server once! Working towards getting crew to 100% on the leopard (love that tank so much) and going to make a beeline for the Panther

sionnach wrote: »
    Name: Dodgy

Tanks:
    Elite Luchs
    Elite Leopard
    Elite Hetzer
    Whatever the first medium german tank is
    Whatever the first german spg is

Been playing for about 4 days now, totally hooked. Spotted Dublin_Gunner on a server once! Working towards getting crew to 100% on the leopard (love that tank so much) and going to make a beeline for the Panther

He he!! You might spot me the odd time alright, usually moaning at n00bs for getting themselves killed and leaving me to fend off 6 heavy's, on my own, in an SPG lol

Add me to your contact list :)

We should all add each other, and form squads online, give them a good Irish kicking! (including any international recruits to the boards.ie irish ass kicking clan!!).

only saw this today so I dunno if this is a new addition to the website or not but you can look at other players stats here

@Dubgun

I will add everyone on the boards profile list tonight but I can only realistically play an hour or two a night or else divorce is a real possibility :P

my playing time is generally around 20:30 - 22:00

Auvers wrote: »
    only saw this today so I dunno if this is a new addition to the website or not but you can look at other players stats here

@Dubgun

I will add everyone on the boards profile list tonight but I can only realistically play an hour or two a night or else divorce is a real possibility :P

my playing time is generally around 20:30 - 22:00

Yeah I saw that accounts thing the other day - they added that in quite a sneaky fashion!!

SUre add me anyway, if I'm on, we'll jump in for a game or two :) I'm usually on later though (wait for the missus to hit the hay first lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

Perhaps we should all hang out in a channel?
    Just created channel "Ireland", come on in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭WuuZii

WuuZii ingame, I have

IS-4 - Elite Crew
    T-44 - Elite Crew
    Panther - Elite Crew
    JagdPanther - Elite Crew
    T1 Heavy - 90%
    Sherman M4A3E8 - 90%

I love killing arty and scouting with my JagdPanther, that thing owns.

Advertisement