Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manchester United Away - Match Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Hatch99 wrote: »

I wished he was. His form hasn't been that good and with BAE's comments winding him up he may well have ended up seeing a red card for trying to kick lumps out of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

RichMc70 wrote: »
    I wished he was. His form hasn't been that good and with BAE's comments winding him up he may well have ended up seeing a red card for trying to kick lumps out of him.
    I wouldn't even be too sure Benny said that he's very out spoken but the language used doesn't sound very Benny as in Benny doesn't really speak any English so calling using words like bird and shag I dunno

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Anyone putting any bets on this? Thinking 5/1 is pretty good for a Spurs win, maybe go with a VDV anytime.

I wouldn't even be too sure Benny said that he's very out spoken but the language used doesn't sound very Benny as in Benny doesn't really speak any English so calling using words like bird and shag I dunno

Also... Crouch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Jmcc001

keane up front :eek: hopefully he does well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

keane??? Strange to start him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

any streams for the game lads ? cant seem to find any !! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

COYS lets do em today for once n for all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Emoran wrote: »
    any streams for the game lads ? cant seem to find any !! :(
    shud be on justin.tv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

If yeh dont have one already - its a veetle stream though..
    http://gurutv.yolasite.com/

Dissapointed to be one down don't think we deserve to be hopefully we can come back this half and score

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

wtf was that. will we ever get a lucky break at ot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Somebody explain how a greasy little portuguese player dives,handballs AND scores a goal within 30 seconds an its all within the rules ? :confused:

F*cking disgusting these Manc refs constantly mugging us off.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

At least the Nani goal wasn't the deciding goal. I have only seen one replay and from what I could see it was a legit goal as the ref never blew for a free in the first place. I think Gomes is at fault here lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Undercover

Whilst it probably wouldn't have made a difference to the scoreline it is getting towards the hilarious the amount of crazy decisions given in Utd's favour over recent seasons. Clattenburg, those two major decisions aside, usually gets it spot on in most games I see him in. Brown paper envelopes??

Given our history I'd already put this down to a loss so hopefully we'll get all our luck on Tuesday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Undercover

kakee wrote: »
    At least the Nani goal wasn't the deciding goal. I have only seen one replay and from what I could see it was a legit goal as the ref never blew for a free in the first place. I think Gomes is at fault here lads.

Would you not say the ref was for not giving the free in the first place? However, I take your point.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

this has made my day even ****ter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 mayospur

like headless chickens

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Good ol Clattenberg , they should never have brought him back

It should have been a penalty but when it wasn't given what I don't understand is why was gomes going to take the kick out and then Gomes is obviously told something from Clattenberg that makes him stop that's what I don't understand poor reffing no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

jesus the ****e coming out of utd fans in the soccer forum is unbelievable! i mean they assume some sort of superiority for choosing to support a club who were already successful before they started supporting them. some achievement that is haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

indough wrote: »
    jesus the ****e coming out of utd fans in the soccer forum is unbelievable! i mean they assume some sort of superiority for choosing to support a club who were already successful before they started supporting them. some achievement that is haha!

Big assumption to make, regardless of the fact there's a good many on this board who started supporting Spurs when we were winning trophies and United weren't.

Perhaps if there wasn't such hysteria from some our own on the forum they wouldn't be taking the piss quite so much?

If Gomes thought it was a free why did he steal 12yds from where the offence took place?

Play the whistle IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

Big assumption to make

no, it most definitely is not.

i agree that there are a couple of overly vocal spurs supporters in there who do the rest of us a bit of a disservice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Gomes error, no whistle, he was chancing his arm and got caught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

indough wrote: »

You read some tripe on the soccer forum but this just about sums up the bitterness around here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Some of the posts on the soccer forum are pretty stupid to be fair. Quite a few 'get back down to your level' and similar posts.

As for the decision, i'm pretty pissed, but i can see why it was given. Nani may have had a claim for a penalty, but then acted like his bones had been surgically removed, and the ref didnt give it. He then handled the ball, stopping Gomes from playing on, and the linesman raised his flag for a free. Ref overruled him, and let Nani knock it in. How the ref can overrule the linesman when he had no view of what happened is beyond me.

Either way, the game was over, and we had lost. Losing to utd at Old Trafford isnt that surprising tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Kiith wrote: »

As for the decision, i'm pretty pissed, but i can see why it was given. Nani may have had a claim for a penalty, but then acted like his bones had been surgically removed, and the ref didnt give it. He then handled the ball, stopping Gomes from playing on, and the linesman raised his flag for a free. Ref overruled him, and let Nani knock it in. How the ref can overrule the linesman when he had no view of what happened is beyond me.

Lineo didn't flag until after the goal was scored by my recollection.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

But why did he flag at all? I was pretty drunk, but what i saw was Nani with his hand on the ball, and the linesman with his flag up. It was all in replays to be fair, as they missed the live goal.

Advertisement