Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Game have a student discount?

Options
  • 28-10-2010 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭

Afternoon all,

Do Game have a student discount? I saw on UK forums that they sometimes do but you need a Game reward card. I have one of those, a student card, and a student travel card for good measure. Anyone know if that'd get me any money off a PS3?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

sure they'd be shooting themselves in the foot if they gave discounts to students!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

Yes, all GAME stores offer student discount on Tuesdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Absolam wrote: »
    Yes, all GAME stores offer student discount on Tuesdays.

Cheers Absolam, do you know how much of a discount by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Squirrel wrote: »
    Cheers Absolam, do you know how much of a discount by any chance?

I'm pretty sure it's 10%, might be 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,313 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Shouldnt there be a student rate hike? Get back to the books

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

NotorietyH wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it's 10%.

It's 10% alright , was in Game today trading in a game and I noticed the sign for the student discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Clover wrote: »
    It's 10% alright , was in Game today trading in a game and I noticed the sign for the student discount.

Last question. Does it apply to hardware or only software? I eventually got through to Game and the lad there didn't know. Said it was 10%

Cheers for all the help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

The sign only said 10% discount for students , there was no mention if it was hardware or software specific .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 sleezyandy

Good thing black ops is out on tuesday then will get nearly 20 quid off the prestige edition! Im sure they will make some excuse as to it only being valid on certain stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Hmmm, I must investigate this... Got knows I could do with some new games, and I'm not big on spending cash either :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 eamonn98

Went into Game on Dawson St. this morning, bought Black Ops and asked for the student discount.. they guy there told me they don't do a student discount on that game?

Sounds like they just make it up as they go along because I got a 10% off of Fallout new vegas the day it was released.

Advertisement