Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help the new guy :)

• 28-10-2010 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

This is my first post, i have been looking and reading many of the information give in the forum and found it very useful. I have decided to take the leap and try for the psni in the next campaign, but i havnt a clue when it will come around. i know the website doesnt give info because of many reasons but is there abit of a trend? eg. how many times a year, month it may be held? I was worrying that the current goverment cuts may effect the campaigns.

Could anyone shed a little light about when it may be and when to be ready or tips to prepare for it. Sorry if this has already been answered as i couldnt find it.

Help? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭notbrazil

Unfortunately you couldn't have picked a worse time. There is currently a recruitment freeze and it looks like the current campaign (C16) will be the last for some time. Of course, it's all up in the air and no-one really knows what is happening, but it doesn't look like the PSNI will launch a fresh campaign for a while - possibly years.

It was suggested this week as well that the new Cookstown training centre plan may have been shelved, meaning that the planned move from the dated Garnerville depot probably won't happen. What implications this will have on future recruitment is yet to be seen.

This has all come from the spending review which has halted recruitment in every single UK force. Northern Ireland is obviously a special case due to the legally binding Patten report which requires the PSNI to reach 70-30% Non-RC/RC. This might mean that it will be necessary to do a big recruitment once the freeze is lifted, but anyone's guess is as good as mine.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news newbie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Shoxs

Aww :( thats ok, thanks for clearing that up for me. just so confused as i have a friend in the psni who is sure there will be one soon, but the cuts wer what i was thinking, with so many already waiting to get in how would they be able to take more on with money cuts.

I was going to apply to last campaign but wanted to be sure i was 100% ready and sure. Just my luck :mad: i suppose a man can wish and hope

Also while we on the subject, if a person was to get pass initial selection test and assessment, how long on average would u be looking before you get to GV if everything was to go smooth. my friend was in by 6 months... he just lucky case?

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭catweasel10

Getting to GV six months after the IST wouldn't be the norm for most people, although it could happen, probably if you have a really good merit score and your vetting clears quickly. October was mentioned as the first intake from the most recent campaign, though the freeze seems to have put an end to that. You might have to wait up to a year, perhaps even longer depending on how quickly your vetting is processed. When recruitment opens, it's usually in the Jobfinder and it's widely advertised so don't worry too much about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Shoxs

ok guys thanks so much for the help. i suppose like everyone else im just going to have to sit tight and w8 for my chance. i guess i gota keep doing jobs im not intrested in until the time comes :(

Advertisement