Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EDIT: Dana White's major announcment - WEC & UFC Merger

• 28-10-2010 2:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭

Dana White’s “major announcement” revealed, UFC set to start their own network TV channel

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/2010/10/28/dana-white%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%9Cmajor-announcement%E2%80%9D-revealed-ufc-set-to-start-their-own-network-tv-channel/
    It appears the cat is out of the bag ahead of UFC President, Dana White’s “major announcement” tomorrow after it was revealed on ESPN that the promotion is set to start their own television network.

ESPN’s popular award winning show “Pardon The Interruption” made the announcement earlier today, something that’s set to raise the ire of Dana who was said to be keen on keeping his cards close to his chest ahead of tomorrow

Anyone believe this? If so what does it mean for MMA coverage, could we see more comprehensive UFC, Ultimate Fighter coverage in this country along with WEC? Does this monopolise UFC in a way this is negative for the sport in general? Does this mean a separate subscription now instead of having ESPN or would it be included as a bundle?

/EDIT TO NO SUPRISE TO ANYONE WEC AND UFC ARE MERGING, AND THIS WAS THE BIG ANNOUNCMENT

http://uk.ufc.com/news/UFC-Adds-Featherweight-and-Bantamweight-Divisions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

That's big.

No idea what it means for us though.

mmabay though... and Dana recently said they were talking to various networks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

weemcd wrote: »
    Anyone believe this? If so what does it mean for MMA coverage, could we see more comprehensive UFC, Ultimate Fighter coverage in this country along with WEC? Does this monopolise UFC in a way this is negative for the sport in general? Does this mean a separate subscription now instead of having ESPN or would it be included as a bundle?

I would be very surprised if this wasn't for North America only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

renuns of TUF shows, fight nights, ppvs, pride shows, old wec shows...

new content... weekly news show or 2, maybe a new type of tuf show... the odd fight night..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Ariel Helwani will be leaving the online circuit then i assume. Has to be a bang on pick to present SOMETHING.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

Forgot UFC own the rights to PRIDE, that would be fantastic, as long as they get Rachelle Leah presenting something i'll tune in. May not see any of it on these shores though.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

SDTimeout wrote: »
    That's big.

No idea what it means for us though.

mmabay though... and Dana recently said they were talking to various networks.
    it came from ESPN.They just picked up the story.Its on a few sites

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

It will be for North America only in my opinion. I imagine it will be like NFL Network for any of you who are NFL fans, which includes heavy advertising and sponsored segments which prevents it from airing over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Was only saying this the other day, can see it happening sooner or later to be honest, great idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Have them all already.They have nothing to offer me :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

It's merging WEC with UFC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I think the biggest surprise o fall here is that MMABay got a story wrong for once!

They've always been so reliable in the past!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Going to close this thread, as we already have a larger one on this issue

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement