Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Importance Of The Hard Drive

• 28-10-2010 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭

I am planning on buying a 360 this weekend but I am wondering just how important is the hard drive. Is it a necessity for some games? It is something I would be buying further down the line.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I am planning on buying a 360 this weekend but I am wondering just how important is the hard drive. Is it a necessity for some games? It is something I would be buying further down the line.

Buy the biggest harddrive you can afford when buying the console. Buying it later will cost you more. Install every game you buy to the harddrive, this will reduce the noise of the drive, keep your console running cooler and extend the lifespan of your disks! Each game can be between 4-7 gigs on data, plus demos are downloadable and can be for .5-2 gigs.

Bite the bullet, buy the larger harddrive. It's better having extra space than needing extra space!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

As above get the biggest you can afford.

Don't know how I got by so long with only a 20gb one before I got an elite with a 120gb even at that I'm running low on space :o

DLC for my rock band install alone is 10GB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Thanks guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I'm still running my 20 gig!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

I'm still running my 20 gig!

We know, we know... now shut up about it already... every bloody thread you have to mention it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

You'll probably get by fine with the 20gig, but I would recommend at least the 120. While you don't *need* the space, you will actually use it once you have it. I've used nearly 80gig out of my 250gig on the slim,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

We know, we know... now shut up about it already... every bloody thread you have to mention it ;)
    Ha ha and I didn't even get to mention it's the only xbox I've ever had :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Upgraded mine recently to the new slim xbox from a 120gb elite (non jasper) and can't get over how quiet it is...well worth it in my opinion..

Advertisement