Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's you favourite irish craft beer?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Was just chatting about this with a few lads. Metalman Pale Ale gets the top vote with Porterhouse Oyster Stout a close second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭ciaran76

After reading my answer from 3 years ago I realised I have changed my beer tastes alot.

For me it depends as Metalman is not available in bottles but when I am in a pub its a goto beer.

When it comes to bottles I flip on my mood. So one week it could be porters next week pale ales.

I couldn't give an accurate answer to be honest as my answer would be a list of beers I regularly like to drink.

Do I have to have a favourite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Do I have to have a favourite?

If your house was on fire, and you could only save one beer, and something happened that the beer you saved was the only beer that was goign to be made for the rest of your life - which beer would you save?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

the beer you saved was the only beer that was goign to be made for the rest of your life
    I'd see it as my duty to throw myself on the fire :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

If your house was on fire, and you could only save one beer, and something happened that the beer you saved was the only beer that was goign to be made for the rest of your life - which beer would you save?

Why would I save the beer that's going to be produced for the rest of my life?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

Metalman Pale ale is my favourite irish beer by a country mile, but then i tend to prefer pale ale/hoppy styles.

Other beers i have enjoyed would be Helvik (particularly on cask, but bottles are delicious also), The O'Hara's Stout that comes on cask, the 8 degrees Sunburnt Red and the Galway bay Chocolate stout.

Not a fan of Galway hooker, the Trouble brewing deception ale that 5 lamps lager or any of the other galway bay beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

O'Hara's Pale Ale and Porterhouse Celebration stout. Just for context I've also tried (Trouble Brewing, Galway hooker, many of the porterhouse offerings and franciscan well brews)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 SubCulchie

An Brain Blasta by Porterhouse is indeed a tasty drop!
    Love that stuff.

(I'll excuse the dodgy pun)

Advertisement