Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuisance football

Options
  • 28-10-2010 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I live in a corner house in a nice estate. During weekends and holidays kids (teenagers) come and kick ball against the gable of our house. I have spoken to them and asked them to stop but they take no notice. My husband works shift work and needs to sleep during the day but is often awoken by the noise of the ball against the wall which can be quite loud from inside. We have also spoken to some of the parents who sympathise with us but it seems to make no difference. We have tolerated this for a long time but it is now becoming more of a problem as it never seems to stop. Does anyone have any advice they can offer to get this to stop? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mrgaa1

you could put some sort of glue/grease on the wall so that when the ball hits the wall and bounces back the ball will have the glue on it and then it'll stick to their hands, clothes etc...

OR

tell them when its ok to do it and when its not. If they don't simple take the ball and give it back to them when the correct time is allowed.

There was something that was used at shops whereby young people can only hear the noise - not adults. this moved them away. Don't know what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

I similar problem where kids would use the side of the building to bounce a hurl off, and football constantly being played where cars were parked.

I asked the kids to go away nicely, then then next time i told them not so nicely, finally i knocked on their mothers door and asked her to get it stopped, when that didnt work i knocked on their door again and when she answered i told her i didnt want to speak to her that i was just going to keep knocking on her door for the next hour.

She got the point but since then my bins have been stolen and air let out of my tyres so was it really worth it???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 stockclown

I tried the talking bit but it didn't work. The noise thing looks interesting, but I would worry that it would be indiscriminate - I don't want to annoy kids that are basically minding their own business and not plaing football against my house. Do you think as security camera would help, in that they might not like the thought of being videod?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I take it that the wall is a plain wall? Maybe get some of that pebble dash on the wall: can't see it being good regarding a wall to bounce the ball against.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mrgaa1

it'll not matter if its flat or pebble dashed the ball will still rebound - its taking the rebound out of it - and particularly if the gable of the wall abuts the pavement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Could you call the Gardai and tell them they are disturbing the peace or loitering?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

The Gardai aren't going to give a fu<k about this. If you live in a corner house with a flat wall adjacent to the pavement or near a green area, and there's lots of kids in the area, they're going to be messing and they're not going to give a fu<k if they disturb you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

cement shards of glass into the wall!!! it will burst any sort of ball there...

put tar on it,.....ball will stick to it and be dirty and hence then kids will end up with sticky black hands and clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

i have same problem with my neighbours kids... out of the house on sat / sun morning at 6.30am bouncing balls, screaming and generally being a nuisance...

cue me having a party with music on past 12 and the garda called...

its all antisocial behaviour really but i wont stop having all night parties until his wreck the head kids say quiet til after lunchtime :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

its all antisocial behaviour really but i wont stop having all night parties until his wreck the head kids say quiet til after lunchtime :):):)

You expect kids to stay indoors and not play in their garden until after lunchtime at the weekend?

Good luck with that. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement