Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas Operating Costs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I don't think there is anything formal published, but Luas A, B, C and C(S) (the original as it opened) came to approximately €700m.

C1 was budgeted at €95m, but I don't knwo what the final figure was.

B1 was approximately €280m.

A1 isn't finished yet, but some figures have been mentioned in the media.

There have been minor works, e.g. alterations to stops, new lift at Dundrum and the Red Cow re-alignment that I've not seen figures on.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 doherta5

This information was in a 2009 article about the Citywest extension in the Irish Times:

"A public-private partnership involving the Railway Procurement Agency (RPA), Harcourt Developments and the Mansfield Group, the 4.2km spur from Belgard is due to open in early 2011.
    The RPA said that the total cost of the line was EUR 149 million, of which the private consortium was putting up in excess of 50 per cent in terms of civil works, land and a defined monetary contribution."
    That works out at roughly €35.48m per km.

RTE news recently carried a story about the opening of the Cherrywood extension, in which it quoted €300m for 7.5km of track. That works out at roughly 40m/km.

Victor is fairly correct on the cost of the original build. Also, if you flick through the RPA annual reports you'll get some other figures that will help you with calculating construction costs.

Do you mind my asking why you're looking for it? Myself, it was for a college assignment.

Advertisement