Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question about Tax And Licenses in European country's For Bikes

• 28-10-2010 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

Just a question

Do they tax and make people have a license to have a bike in the European country's
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,143 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

No Captain, in accordance with Federation regulations on needless bureacracy the EU has decreed that people may ride their bikes without number plates, airbags and associated vehicular dross.

However, the Klingons have recently declared war on the Romulans for attempting to enforce mandatory helmet use within their territorial volume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Helmets don't save lives, however if you have a high-vis jacket on you'll be perfectly safe. Bar any Klingon attacks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I paid VAT on my bikes and I have license to race.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,702 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Given all commuting is commuting racing and my licence covers me for training and racing I've got a licence and insurance. No tax though.

On the continent though I believe drivers are properly educated and not allowed drive until they are compentent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,143 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Beasty wrote: »
    Video

"When you're done, say thank you".

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

Ha ha Ha very funny lads with the star trek jokes,

What I mean is do other European country's force you to have a license
    or number plate to cycle on the streets.

I heard a rumor that they will try do this in ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Ha ha Ha very funny lads with the star trek jokes,

What I mean is do other European country's force you to have a license
    or number plate to cycle on the streets.

I heard a rumor that they will try do this in ireland.

I heard a rumour that there is a video of Diana Troy and Beverly Crusher going at it on the web.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭HivemindXX

I don't believe there is. The subject of licencing and taxing comes up regularly enough and nobody has ever mentioned it.

In the US there are apparently quite a number of places that require a licence. These seem very cheap and not much of an imposition to use. As such they don't really suit the agenda of those who are wont to insist cyclists should pay tax and have a licence.

For example, California. $3 for three years, you get a sticker that you put on your seat tube.
    http://www01.smgov.net/finance/licenses/bikelic.htm

A list of some other states and the charges...
    http://urbanvelo.org/seattle-debates-bicycle-license/

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

Diana Troy is so hot but beverly really not even shatner would
    tunney wrote: »
    I heard a rumour that there is a video of Diana Troy and Beverly Crusher going at it on the web.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

I'd klingon to her wheel any day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

tunney wrote: »

OMFG

Advertisement