Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi feeling the pinch?

Options
  • 28-10-2010 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭

bought some nice loking mushrooms in aldi the other day and when using them today each and every mushroom had a stalk well over an inch long, normally with mushrooms the stalk is cut fairly short and these were all roughly the same length as if it was intentional. this seems like a new way of getting the customers to charge more for less product by Aldi. has anyone else noticed this type of thing with aldi/lidl?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

the stalk is edible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Words defy me....... please say the OP is having a wind up....... because if this is the knowledge economy, then we're..............!

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

Are they magic mushrooms? If so the more the better ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

I am always amazed when I see customers breaking off the mushroom stalks when buying loose mushrooms in my local supermarket, as posted before they are edible

• Registered Users Posts: 24,085 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Mushroom stalks, food of the gods.

• Advertisement
Advertisement