Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ordering new card

Options
  • 28-10-2010 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

can you order a new laser card over the phone i only have a atm card and want to get in changed to laser, i had my account froze till i paid off my over draft and have just cleared it and my current card doesnt work but the account is open, i am now tryin to save up money but would like to have the card as it would be handy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

It depends on who you are with and whether you are applying for a Laser card (are they still doing those relics?) or a credit card that is linked to your current account (Visa debit/Debit Mastercard).

I ordered a Visa debit over the phone with my own bank without any questions asked, whereas a Laser card years ago involved a ream of paperwork.

If you have the choice, get the credit card flavour, but all banks will differ on their criteria and your recent brush with their credit control department may not work in your favour regardless of what type of card you apply for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

its bank of ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

They don't do the credit card flavours, so you will have to apply and fill out a ridiculously long application for a Laser.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

Advertisement