Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland 14th least corrupt country in the world

• 28-10-2010 3:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭

lol

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 slutss

still can't make big enough dildos though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

slutss wrote: »

I think you should see a gynaecologist. :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

That's a load of cock.

Where's Columbia and Mexico?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

Oh good...it's you...again.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 slutss

OutlawPete wrote: »
    That's a load of cock.

mmmmm

• Advertisement

OutlawPete wrote: »
    That's a load of cock.

America?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

kc66 wrote: »
    Ireland 14th least corrupt country in the world

No it's not, read the article. It's " Corruption Perceptions Index", doesn't mean a damn thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Face kicker needs to come back to teach you a lesson in theme posting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I wonder how much Ireland bribed the statisticians to get moved from the bottom of the list.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

good work team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

I really hate people who seem to think how bad of a country this is. We're not actually that corrupt compared to the vast majority of countries in the world, we have problems with corruption yes, but so does every other country in this world, and a lot of them have problems much worse than our own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

TheZohan wrote: »
    No it's not, read the article. It's " Corruption Perceptions Index", doesn't mean a damn thing.

Sorry if they cant get something accurate enough for you. I did read the article.

"Perceptions are used because corruption – whether frequency or amount – is to a great extent a hidden activity that is difficult to measure. Over time, perceptions have proved to be a reliable estimate of corruption. Measuring scandals, investigations or prosecutions, while offering ‘non-perception’ data, reflect less on the prevalence of corruption in a country and more on other factors, such as freedom of the press or the efficiency of the judicial system. TI considers it of critical importance to measure both corruption and integrity, and to do so in the public and private sectors at global, national and local levels. The CPI is therefore one of many TI measurement tools that serve the fight against corruption."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

RMD wrote: »
    I really hate people who seem to think how bad of a country this is. We're not actually that corrupt compared to the vast majority of countries in the world, we have problems with corruption yes, but so does every other country in this world, and a lot of them have problems much worse than our own.

Erm, I think you vastly under-estimate the financial trouble we are in

http://www.cnbc.com/id/30308959/The_World_s_Biggest_Debtor_Nations?slide=21

We didnt get there through sound practices and good behavior, we've been screwed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I always laugh when threads like this come up. People are so quick to dispute the findings that experts on the subject have made. It happened a while back in a thread about the quality of life index, numerous sources were cited and yet most people dismissed them as rubbish and concluded that Ireland was in fact down there with the likes of Zimbabwe and Haiti. If there was a list for the most cynical of countries we'd definitely top it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭gent9662

Just show's how good a job we are doing at hiding it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

dclane wrote: »
    Just show's how good a job we are doing at hiding it.

...bribing those who conducted the survey was not cheap.

I always laugh when threads like this come up. People are so quick to dispute the findings that experts on the subject have made. It happened a while back in a thread about the quality of life index, numerous sources were cited and yet most people dismissed them as rubbish and concluded that Ireland was in fact down there with the likes of Zimbabwe and Haiti. If there was a list for the most cynical of countries we'd definitely top it

We're number 1!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

They didnt investigate Donegal then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I wonder how much Ireland bribed the statisticians to get moved from the bottom of the list.:confused:
    wernstrom! wrote: »
    ...bribing those who conducted the survey was not cheap.

If you'd bribed me enough, I would have let you use that one first, but you didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭gent9662

We might not have the best army, navy and air force in the world, I would have at least thought we would have scored well in the corruption poll.

Given the fact that we as nation have re-elected corrupt politicians over and over again. That should put us streets ahead of Somalia!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

ireland at 14th gives you an idea how corrupt this little planet is

Advertisement