Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I qualify for Disability Allowance, do I automatically qualify for Rent Allowance?

Options
  • 28-10-2010 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all, long time lurker first time poster. I was wondering if there's an easy way of getting over the minefield of rent allowance. I already qualify for Disability Allowance and a friend mentioned to me I automatically qualify for Rent Allowance.

How does this work? If I like an apartment I see for €800 a month do I get the full amount? Is it means tested?

Anyone who has been in a similar situation and could help Id be most grateful. Thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

As you are a singleton, you will get maybe 529 a month to obtain a place assuming you are in Dublin. And yes its means tested.

Advertisement