Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixmania camcorder

Options
  • 28-10-2010 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭

agghhhhhh....i bought a sony camcorder from these clowns about a month and a half ago. afterwards we put some of the recordings on the TV, we noticed that a clicking noise from the lens was being picked up by the mic and was very distracting. I sent it back to them (paying for postage @ €7 which I can claim back if it is faulty) and am still waiting for it back.
    It arrived in their warehouse in France about two weeks ago. I had to email yesterday asking about it and they said that it is with the workshop now, and i have to wait for 21 days to get a replacement.

Am I not entitled to either a refund or replacement if a product isn't 100% operational...or is it different because they are based in France?

Never buying from them again....:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Why didn't you bring it to Sony?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You are entitled to a repair, replacement or refund, but they don't have to give you the choice. They must be given an opportunity to determine the problem, then they must offer you one of the 3 options. It sounds like they are going to replace it, so where's the issue?
    JustinOval wrote:

Presumably because he didn't buy it from Sony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

JustinOval wrote: »

because

11. Returns
    For any returned package, please go to your PIX&Me space and follow the return policy instructions.

Please note that shipping fees are the client’s responsibility except if the product does not conform to the description of said product (the client is responsible for any damage done during the shipment of returned goods).
    For the period covered under warranty, the client must return the product to PIXMANIA’S After-Sales Service. No package will be accepted at the head office of Pixmania.
    12. Guarantees and After Sales Service
    All of the products we sell benefit from:
    - The legal guarantee of conformity;
    - The legal guarantee from hidden flaws;

- The manufacturer’s guarantee for a period defined by the product purchased and the brand. Shipping fees of the products are the customer’s responsibility.
    However, if the product does not conform to the product description, shipping fees will be reimbursed to the customer.

For any returned package, please go to your PIX&Me space and follow the return policy instructions.

Pixmania will handle possible repairs with the manufacturers.
    Whatever the problem is with your product, you must attach with the defective product, a copy of your invoice, the warranty (in the box) and the return goods voucher.

Please note, legal guarantees do not apply to repairs for damage caused by external origin (for example, accidents, shocks, fluctuation of electricity etc.) or by the user’s faulty usage of the product such as a non-conforming installation or using it for commercial purposes or using said product with incorrect peripherals, accessories or consumables.

The manufacturer’s warranties sold by PIXMANIA do not cover:
    -replacement of consumables (batteries, light bulbs, fuses, recording heads or lasers etc.)
    -the abnormal use or non-conforming usage of products.We ask that you consult the user’s manual provided with the products
    -malfunctioning due to accessories (power cables etc)
    -damage from external sources (shocks, accidents, electricity current fluctuations etc)

In all cases, PIXMANIA will not be held responsible in the event that the manufacturer refuses to honour the warranty due to, but not limited to, any of the above noted reasons. In the event where the manufacturer will not provide service under warranty, an estimate of the cost of the repair will be given to the customer. Administrative fees will be requested if payment for the estimate is not made. If the User agrees to the estimate, a cheque will be issued to Pixmania and will correspond to the estimate amount, and ought to be sent to us.

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/conditions.html#cgv_11

OP

contact them

http://www.eccireland.ie/home.php

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Because as I said above...I bought it from Pixmania.

I think I know what a Sony store would say if I walked in with a broken Sony PS3 that I'd bought from GameStop..:rolleyes:

jor el wrote: »

Presumably because he didn't buy it from Sony.

Ok, but can't they cover warranty repairs directly?

Sorry for going off topic..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

It sounds like they are going to replace it, so where's the issue?

Exactly. If it was brought to a shop for an issue like this they would most likely send it off and it would take a 5-10 working days at least most likely. The downside of buying online is that these times increase.

People have the choice to pay a bit extra to buy in a shop and have the convenience of a face to face resolution centre should the need arise or save a few quid and deal with the postal system and a voice on the phone/emails.

I think I know what a Sony store would say if I walked in with a broken Sony PS3 that I'd bought from GameStop..:rolleyes:

A Sony store is not Sony. It's a branded franchise and as close to being Sony as Currys are. Sony Ireland in Tallaght are Sony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Ok, but can't they cover warranty repairs directly?

Sorry for going off topic..

How would he bring it to Sony though? He'd have to post it to Sony, just the same as posting it to Pixmania. Unless of course you mean bring it to a Sony Centre, which he couldn't do as he didn't buy it in that shop.

How would he bring it to Sony though? He'd have to post it to Sony, just the same as posting it to Pixmania. Unless of course you mean bring it to a Sony Centre, which he couldn't do as he didn't buy it in that shop.

I don't know, I'd always go straight to the manufacturer with a warranty issue..

Pixmania are just box shifters.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

I had grief with these chancers when I returned a camcorder that was DOA. They said they would refund shipping costs. DHL quoted 70 euro and I queried this with them. They said no problem - would be refunded in full, so I sent it via DHL.

they mailed me back later saying that they would only refund 10 euro... What followed was 2 weeks of argument over email. I discovered a thread on here with these email addresses - the head of complaints and their CEO

h.gazon@pixmania.com
    s.rosenblum@fotovista.com

I started copying them on all correspondence and eventually they paid up. The secret is to be firm, but polite. And annoying. Very annoying!

Advertisement